“Great Local Diner”

Ranked #3 of 89 Restaurants in Cody
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I simply can't imagine anyone not liking this place. It's cute, the food is good, the portions are huge, and it is locally owned. While waiting for our table, we met lots of locals that eat there every week. Four of us ate there, and not one of us could finish our breakfast. The wait staff was hurried, but completely friendly and accommodating.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Ate here on a Sunday morning before heading to YNP. They have very tasty food (pancakes were just the right mix of fluffy and substantial, sausage links were not grocery store frozen variety) and incredibly friendly servers who work as a team in this pretty tiny restaurant. The server did underestimate the size of the pancakes by about 50% so order one less than you want. Also a side of sausage is 4 rather than typical 2 OVERALL A Great place to stop before heading into YNP for a day of hiking and site-seeing. Some townies seemed annoyed by us being in their restaurant but easy to ignore.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We ate breakfast here twice. You would not expect that over-easy eggs, hash browns, ham, and sourdough toast could be extraordinary but OMG. I think the atmosphere goes a long way. It was an older building with several small rooms, frequented by locals from real cowboys to outdoorsmen and couples. My wife had the corned beef hash and raved. It is family run and the granddaughter at about 10-12 yo is very mature and extremely observant of the customers at all times. We would see her poke her head in the room and glance at the tables and leave, then in 30 seconds another family member would be there to fill coffee cups. Full of local charm and authenticity. Go here!

1  Thank Gordon W
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My wife, niece, and I just had lunch at Our Place and we were all 100% pleased with the experience. My niece lives in Cody, and my wife and I are traveling. I decided to take us to lunch at Our Place based on Tripadvisor, but didn't tell the other two where we were going. As we neared the location, my niece said, "Oh, are we going to Our Place?! Oh good! - it's where my dad took me to so many times when I was little..."

I had an enchilada dish, my wife a vegetarian omelet, and my niece a clubhouse... really, all were very, very good. My wife said the vegetarian omelet was the best she'd ever had... In addition, I really liked the atmosphere... it's what I call "real" - it just is what it is - nothing fancy. And all the people we came into contact with were very pleasant - that's important, too. Prices were very reasonable. What else can you ask for?

I should add for the readers, in case they don't see it elsewhere, that Our Place is only open for breakfast (served anytime) and lunch (closing time is 2).

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Good menu items at a great price. Coffee is good. Great local place. Seating can get a little cramped though.

Been to Our Place? Share your experiences!