“Class 3 spray, but Sunny made it bright”

Red Canyon River Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: Red Canyon River Trips, of Cody, Wyoming, takes pride in having the most experienced whitewater rafting guides on the Shoshone River. With 40 years of history on the Shoshone, our professional whitewater river guides are dedicated to offering a quality adventure full of fun and excitement, always with your safety as their priority. Sharing their knowledge and expertise about the river and the surrounding Cody area is an important part of all our trips. Because of its professional reputation Red Canyon River Trips was hired by Walt Disney to aid in the production of the movie "Meet the Deedles" which was released in the spring of 1998.
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My first raft trip at 74 years old, but my wife's second. We had a ball. It seemed like a good stretch of the river to float. Our guide, Sunny, did an excellent job of making sure we had fun, got soaked, and learned something about the river and the area. Enjoyed the wildlife.

1  Thank David V
"joe"
in 3 reviews
"van"

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Fabulous! I can't say enough good things about this. We floated a half day on the Shashonne it was the right length of time on the water for us. We had a great time. The guide was very nice and knowledgeable about the area, we were very comfortable with his taking us on the water (we don't swim well), the float was exciting and the food was very tasty. I wouldn't hesitate to go again or send my family and friends. You won't be sorry with this float trip.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

It was great!!! It was very entertaining. My whole family enjoyed the trip. They were nice. We all want to go back!

Reviewed 22 August 2012

First our guide Rachel was to busy flirting with these boys to pay attention to the trip. The boys wouldn't even listen to her and they kept paddling us into the wrong direction and the guide would do the annoying girly "stop it". Finally some paying customer yelled at the boy and he stopped. Then she had her dog and she kept getting distracted with her dog on her lap and making sure it didn't fall out the boat. She was to busy flirting with the boys that she kept forgetting to tell us stuff. If it wast for the little girl Joe reminding her to tell us to paddle or to tell us the story then she would have been completely lost. Honestly I rather the little girl to guide us. Then we ordered a picture and they didn't even get a good picture of us every picture a face was cut out or something. And the rapids we choose they made them seem so intense and it was boring. The only fun we had was splashing the other boat. Overall I think it would have been better if we had another guide, it could be an amazing trip they just need more structure with their guides.

9  Thank dreedy235
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 August 2012

After having a horrible experience on the Poudre River in Colorado many years ago, I was very reluctant to do white water rafting but I am so glad that I did! This was a fantastic adventure! Sonny, our guide, was absolutely wonderful! The staff were very funny and cracked alot of jokes. During are tour, Sonny was very patient, knowledgeable, and funny! Her jokes really made us feel at ease. I loved the fact that they offered pictures (for a small fee). Our bus driver (who was absolutely hilarious!) went down the bank right after we got in the water and took our picture. By the time we got back to the office, our picture was printed. She allowed the (older) kids to row the boat, which was nice for me, I could sit back and relax a bit! We saw lots of deer and even a few cows. Even got some history of Cody as well! For the money, this was very worth it! Next time I visit Cody, we will be back for another trip!

2  Thank laamjeg

Been to Red Canyon River Trips? Share your experiences!