Schmalz's Red Pole Ranch and Motel
US$108
Very Good 4/5
Big Bear Motel(Cody)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$126
US$120
ComfortInn
Very Good 4/5
Buffalo Bill's Irma Hotel(Cody)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$79
Good 3.5/5
US$155
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewspatty joplace to staybuffalo billnext morningmilescabinranchyellowstoneparkmotelfridgedamrodeofishing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I have to say, that I have not been to the Red Pole Ranch yet. But, I just got off of the phone with Patty Jo, owner, and she was so sweet. I made the reservation from Charlotte for my husband and son as they are making their way to Yellowstone. She suggested a room with kitchenette since my guys have been on the road for 4 days. I will come back and give a thorough review after the guys arrive. So nice to talk to a real person that owns the place you are giving your business to. :) Ok, so my guys arrived at Red Pole. They said everything is awesome! Clean, nice and the view is amazing. The owner has been there since the 70s and knows all about what to do and where to go. So, we give The Red Pole Ranch a super excellent review!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bonjovified
Reviewed 10 June 2013

And the beautiful scenery! This is a great place. Spent 2 nights there and would return if ever in the area again. Didn't expect, but got maid (for wont of a better term) service dring the day. Cabin had a little fridge, roaster and microwave and coffee maker with 2 packets of coffee. Very comfy beds and pillows... good linens. A short and beautiful drive to town for the hustle and bustle. Priced right for what we got.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We stayed 6 days and drove to Yellowstone and back each time. It is also convenient to Cody and shops and events there. It is very clean and well kept. If you want quiet, calm, rest, and reflexion between your visits to the park--This is it!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pk924
Reviewed 6 June 2013

In short, we had an incredible experience at the ranch! Everything exceeded our expectations. We were coming from eastern Wyoming and got delayed on our way to Yellowstone. We needed a place to stop for the night and with brief pockets of data coverage found the ranch on TripAdvisor. We called Patty Jo who took the call while monitoring a mare who was about to give birth! She was extremely helpful and since we would be arriving late in the evening, she said she would leave our cabin unlocked for us.

We ended up arriving well after midnight and easily found the ranch and our cabin (and a herd of napping deer?). The cabin was exactly as advertised - a comfortable ranch cabin. Ours had two queen beds into which we quickly passed out. We slept like logs and awoke completely refreshed the next morning. Opening the cabin door and seeing the Wyoming vista for the first time took my breath away. The view was incredible! We explored the ranch a bit and then checked out to continue on to Yellowstone.

Patty Jo gave us some great tips on what to see on the way to the park and the best spots for wildlife viewing in the park (we saw a grizzly on the way!). When she handed me the credit card receipt to sign, I saw that she had charged me roughly half of what she had quoted me the night before. I told her that she made a mistake - she said that since we had arrived so late, she intentionally gave us a discount. So to recap, Patty Jo saved our butts by setting us up with a last minute place to sleep, providing a great cabin for her guests, and then giving us a discount? Wow! Our only regret is that we didn't get to spend more time there, explore more of the ranch, and get to see the mare give birth!

We would absolutely stay at the Red Pole Ranch again and highly recommend it to visitors spending some time in the area or just passing through.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alex K
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Red Pole Ranch. Patty Jo is very sweet and helpful with facts on the area. Cabin 1 was cozy for us. Our son loved the Big Horn Sheep and Cowboys that decorated our cabin. The view is amazing and location ideal for Cody and Yellowstone, as well as many other attractions. Room had mini-fridge, microwave and toaster. Ranch supplied coffee and a full sized coffee maker in room as well.Stayed two nights. Price was very reasonable, we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Each cabin is unique so talk to Patty Jo about your needs. She knew we were traveling with two young ones so she made sure our room had a bathtub as well as shower.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family