“Neat Motel just away from Town Center”

Buffalo Bill's Antlers Inn
Buffalo Bill's Antlers Inn
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Cody
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Neat Motel just away from Town Center”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Nice property a few blocks from center of Cody -- little walk was welcome after big meals. Manager lady and desk people really nice and friendly. Parking right at the motel and they even supply rags for your bikes and cars -- cool idea so you don't ruin the good stuff.

1 Thank Stew S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ohio
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We were only spending one night in Cody on our way to Yellowstone, and I didn't have a lot of choice when I made later reservations than usual. We were very pleased with the Antlers Inn! It was very clean, nicely decorated, and updated. I walked barefoot on the carpet, and it felt very clean too. Furniture & lamps were carved logs! Nice touch! As an older hotel, I smiled when I was given a key instead of an electronic entry keycard!!
The beds/linens were very comfortable and we had a refreshing sleep, and it was very quiet. The sink was outside the bathroom, which is a plus! On the downside, there was no fridge, so we kept our lunchmeat in our cooler. There was a light breakfast of juice, coffee/tea and muffins, which was fine. It got us on the road faster!
Overall, a nice stay; friendly staff ! I would have no problem staying there again. Very good deal for the price!

1 Thank pjmacnoid
Arkansas
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My wife and I were traveling to Yellowstone and decided to spend the night before we entered the park in Cody, WY. We stopped at a national chain motel on the main drag and they wanted $190.00 for 2 people for the night. Since we were headed out early the next morning I thought I would check around and see if I could find a less expensive motel in town. A few blocks away was the Buffalo Bill's Antlers Inn and their rate was $105.00. It was not fancy but it was clean, safe and worth the savings. The room was decorated in a western theme and knotty pine bed was a welcome change from the standard motel furniture. We ate at Granny's Restaurant a few blocks away settled in for the night. The next morning when I went out to load my luggage into my car there were two small mule deer standing within ten feet from my car. I took some photos of them and they never seemed to mind me being there. I am happy with my choice of Buffalo Bill's Antlers Inn for our stop in Cody.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Don't be put off by the one star rating this place got from 'AAA.com'. Its clean, tidy, and spacious. Most of the rooms have two double beds in them, the furniture is hand made, the wifi works well and it free! The only thing that could be improved is to add a small fridge to the rooms(there wasn't one in ours). The staff at the front desk are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: a room away from the road.
Groton, Vermont
Reviewed 17 May 2013

An absolute treasure trove of finely crafted furniture in each room. Previous owner of the facility made all the furniture from unusual pieces. Lamps made from boles, for example. It is an older facility so sound proofing might be an issue and rooms are slightly smaller than in the modern chains. However, if you are a lover of woodworking, it is worth the stay. We found our room to be clean, beds very comfortable and the staff very accommodating. We left before the breakfast area was open so cannot comment on that service. And in a "blast from the past" moment the desk clerk offered to show us a room prior to checking in!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Margaret S
Versailles, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Searched Cody a lot to find decent place to stay, we ended here at this hotel. Service was ok, rooms pretty clean.
Breakfast was nothing special, muffin and cup of coffee, and “please take a small glass” of orange juice, that is what sign stated! Very far away from Yellowstone park, fifty miles to gate then thirty more to first attraction!

Room Tip: Affordable price for decent service, nothing special!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Ohio
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We followed the advice of other tripadvisor guests and booked a room in advance at Buffalo Bill's Antler's Inn. The only disappointments were that the walls are fairly thin and the continental breakfast is a bit weak... consisting of Otis Spunkmeyer muffins, coffee, and orange drink. Other than that it was very nice. The room was well-appointed with unique furniture and lamps made from local wood. The room was clean, the bed was comfy, the shower worked well, the towels were better-than-average, and the desk clerks were very hospitable.
Should we be in the area again we will return to this motel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple