“Wonderful hotel”

Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Ellensburg, Washington
“Wonderful hotel”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My girls and I went on a road trip and this was one of all of our favorite hotels. The girls thought the rooms were so fun and we just had a "standard" room. They also thought it was real cool to have a "real" key for the door. The room was quiet even with music going downstairs. The gun fight is a bit corny, but really adds to the whole atmosphere of the hotel. Cody was also a wonderful little town to walk around in. I would definitely recommend this hotel to people. In fact, we just got home and I already have. :)

Room Tip: Great price for a neat hotel experience.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We arrived around 5:30 and drove around looking for a parking spot for quite some time! Every body in town was there waiting for the "street shoot out". We finally got parked and squeezed into a really small lobby and got checked in. The room was much bigger than we anticipated and was well appointed. We had a corner room with one side facing the main street (noise wasn't too bad). In the hallways we came across antique items that add to the historic factor. We ran downstairs to catch the shoot out which was kinda corny but what can you expect. We then sat at the famous wood bar (not used as a cocktail bar these days) and enjoyed a buffet dinner in the restaurant which was very good ... although the service was horrible. Having been in the hospitality business before I tend to give servers a lot of slack especially when the restaurant was as chaotic as it was. I think everyone that was outside watching the shootout came in for dinner just like we did. But, we finally got our cocktails after we finished our meals! We then drove to the Cody Nite Rodeo which was awesome! We had the breakfast buffet the next morning and the service was fine ... not as chaotic. Overall we had a very nice stay and would come again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have made many visits to the Irma Hotel and this is by far the worst visit I have had. On the first morning of my latest visit I decided to enjoy a cup of coffee while sitting at the fantastic cherry wood bar. While drinking my coffee I overheard a red haired woman talking to the man sitting next to her about her employees. I can only assume this woman is in charge of the housekeepers since she had a clipboard and was wearing scrubs which in my opinion makes them look sloppy and unkempt. What I overheard was not really what I have the issue with but I do feel the dining room is an inappropriate place to have such discussions especially when patrons of the hotel can clearly hear everything. Later that day when heading out to visit some of the nearby shops, I witnessed this same woman on the porch smoking and having the same conversation from the morning with a couple of woman. Upon returning from visiting the shops this same woman was conversing with a couple who were asking look at some of the rooms in the historic section. She replied that there really is no reason to go upstairs because there is nothing to see except closed doors. I know this is untrue because I was staying on that floor and witnessed the housekeepers allowing people to view which ever room they were cleaning at the time. I wish I could say perhaps she was having a bad day but I passed this woman in the halls many times during my stay and she rarely smiled. She seemed to be bothered that there were people walking through the halls as she vacuumed. While this woman was only one employee, I also witnessed some very unprofessionalism and alarming behavior from the other staff. While heading out for a late evening stroll I walked past a few waitresses smoking what smelled to me like marijuana. They were also talking about how many ounces they were going to score later. My room overlooked the back alley which seemed to always be filled with employees on a smoke break. After what I smelled on the porch I feel it is safe to assume that not everyone was smoking tobacco cigarettes. I highly recommend this place take part in random drug testing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Erica M
Jackie R, Director of Sales at Buffalo Bill's Irma Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are very sorry that you had to experience this behavior from our employees. Please be assured that we are actively working on the solution to this problem. We hope you will come back, give us another try, and let us know how we are doing.

Thank you again for choosing The Irma

Travellers are raving about these Cody hotels

Battle Creek Michigan
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys the ambiance of an historic property. The room was huge, bathroom very modern and all of it was comfortable and clean. We had a corner room with windows at the front of the building and despite being on the main street it was very quiet. Everything you might want - Harley Store, coffee shops, restaurants, art galleries, were within walking distance. Of course every evening in the summer there is a gun fight in front of the building. Lots of fun to watch.

Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Buffalo BIll's Irma Hotel is a must stay in Cody. We have stayed there several times and it is fantastic. If you dine in the hotel dining room, Tammy is by far the best waitress in the West. She's a gem!!

Room Tip: The historic rooms are the best.
Eldred, New York
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is a historic hotel in downtown Cody. Built in 1908 it has all the retrofitted conveniences of the 21st century (wi-fi, air, tv). The rooms are spacious and have the authentic feel of going back in time.

1 Thank JDG70
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I'm not a history buff, but the Irma is very cute. Our room was clean. Fantastic location for us tourists. They have awesome water pressure in the shower, and the wall AC & ceiling fan were more than adequate to keep our west-facing room cool in the summer. Problems: never could connect to wifi, and we had multiple devices, different brands, none could connect ever. The walls are paper-thin & you can hear your neighbors' conversations like they are in your room with you (running the AC & the TV drowned out some of that). There's not enough surface area in the bathroom or the room for placing your things. And the pipes I guess are old so when a neighbor took a shower the howling pipes woke us up early in the morning! We wondered what that horrible sound was for a bit and couldn't go back to sleep until that shower was turned off.

Stayed July 2014