Pahaska Teepee Resort
Big Bear Motel(Cody)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$126
US$120
ComfortInn
US$130
US$155
Super 8 Cody(Cody)(Great Value!)
US$98
Travelocity
Cody Legacy Inn(Cody)(Great Value!)
US$141
Travelocity
US$79
US$158
Agoda.com
US$147
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgift shopfree bag of iceeast entrance of yellowstonebuffalo billsdecent sizelog cabintypical hotelmain buildingvisiting yellowstonehorseback ridingshort drivemountainsbearwildlifegrizzliesscenerywapiti
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed here because it was as close as we could get when we made the reservation, but were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Cabin style rooms, clean and comfortable, but a little lacking on light. Excellent restaurant and bar with friendly staff and very good food. We spent two nights here. The East Gate is a great place to stay. They have tours of the original lodge built by Wild Bill Cody which still stands on the property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alvin B
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights while exploring Yellowstone. We had an A-frame with a queen (or maybe it was full) bed. The room was small, but had space for our bed, a desk and chair and a luggage rack. The bathroom appeared to have wen recently remodeled. Bed was comfy and the room was quiet. Yes, walls were a bit thin, but almost everyone is sleeping early. It is very close to the East entrance to the park. No, no tv, no wifi---but we were up and out early and back late, exhausted from a full day at the park. Clean, comfy and convenient. The restaurant was a bit pricey but in line with all other area restaurants and the food was great.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank charli l
Reviewed 1 June 2014

No signal, no wifi, no breakfast, no coffee machine, the room has a bad smell and is not clean. Because my iphone had no signal at all, I had to use the telephone to call outside. It charged me $27 for 5 minutes! The front desk promised not to charge me since I didn't know there's no signal at all. After I came home I found they did charge me in my account! There's no credit at all! Never seen an awful place like this before!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank llimminni89
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was looking for a place close to the east entrance so that I could spend the entire day in YNP before continuing east and not have to drive far in case of a late winter storm. Reading some of the reviews on here I could see people who might really like the place get deterred, so let me address those issues. 1) WIFI. "oh no! I cannot update my Facebook status on how beautiful the view is from my super cute cabin". Come on, either you just spent several days in YNP or are about to-and all the good areas (non-commercially) lack wifi there too. You are in the middle of nowhere-this place is not in Cody or even in Pahaskee, it is literally around the bend from the rather remote east gate and aside from one very nice home on a hill it is isolated from the world-enjoy it. The world will not end if you put the smart phone down and spend time enjoying the view. I often use my phone as a crutch when dining alone because otherwise I find myself people watching-well, go to the lodges dining room and get the room facing across the road and you will have something amazing to stare at-beautiful mountains and a stream. 2) Limited menu. Again, this is a small lodge far enough from the next town that they do not get a lot of diners-a large menu means a lot of items that will go to waste. As it is, the dinner menu was quite extensive considering-there was a steak, chicken, and pasta dish, a kids menu, several soups, salad, and some appetizers. I had Rocky Mountain oysters (don't knock it til you try it) and home made chili. I looked at their breakfast menu and it rivals IHOPS or Dennys in variety. The prices were great and so was the food and the service. My server, I think her name was Tara, was from Chicago-all the kids working there come from all over the country. She was awesome. I left my dinner at one point to join the staff to stand in awe over a baby moose munching on grass by the gas station. You don't get that at the Super 8 in Cody 3) No TV. See #1. You are in a beautiful place-enjoy the sunset, watch the stars, listen to the moose and elk snort, and go to bed early for an early start to an awesome day at YNP. Dateline is probably a repeat and CNN is still rehashing the same story from 3 days ago. Their website is pretty clear there is no WIFI or TV so it should not be coming to you as a surprise when you arrive. 4) The rooms are small/expensive for the money. Yep, the rooms are pretty small. I will give you that. Again I knew that coming in. It was an A frame turned into 4 rooms. They also have cabins so those are bigger, but if you are a solo or couple traveling the A frame is a fine size. You are not using the room to hang out it all day-you are on vacation at YNP-one of the most beautiful and coolest natural places in the world (look at my travel map and realize just what I am saying). Do not try to stick a family of four into an A frame room. As for the price-sure, you can get a room at the Super 8 or whatever in Cody for less, and it will have a TV and WIFI and a McDonalds across the street. What you are paying for is the seclusion and the awesome proximity to YNP. Cody is like 50 miles from the gate (and your typical small hotel dominated strip mall town) while this place is like 2 miles. Try getting a room inside YNP for that price 5) Cleanliness. I still remember reading a horrible review of a hotel in Florida-the reviewer was complaining about bugs getting into her room-another review of a place on the beach in Tulum, Mexico complaining that there was a broom in the room to self sweep out sand during the day if you felt the need (I guess they thought housekeeping was supposed to swing down like ninjas and sweep every time he came in from the beach). I stayed at both those places and they were great. Was the cabin spotless? Well the shower was, which after my recent 10 day trip of 5 hotels I am reminded is not a common thing. I was the first person in the room for the season-cabins after being closed up all winter get bugs, mice, cobwebs, musty so I expected those things. I saw no bugs, no mice droppings, and while there was a very slight must smell when I first walked I did not notice it persist (and I have horrible mold allergies). As it was-my room was pretty much spotless. I was not crazy about the bed, it seemed old, but the room was adorable, the towels were way nicer than what I got the next day at the Alex Johnson in Rapid City, and the shower was nice and hot. I know they are replacing beds so I guess they did not reach mine yet-that is literally my only complaint. If you want neon lights and fast food and fast streams and paved lit walkways to your cabin shining from the glare of the TV-you will not like this place and really I am not sure you will like YNP. If you are looking for peace, solitude, baby moose, majestic views, friendly staff, great food and reasonable prices, all a short drive from YNP, then this is the perfect place to stay. Oh, and it is a historical site with some of Buffalo Bill Cody's original lodging still standing-they really need to open it up for day tours. I liked being somewhere so seeped with history.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on the mountains. I could see the A frames being noisy when full and if there are kids.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
11  Thank serval_girl
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here 3 nights while touring Yellowstone Park. We chose it because it was 2 miles from the East Entrance Gate and considering the 27 mile to Fisher Bridge (approximately 45 mins drive) we wanted to be close. It is true there was a little musty smell from being closed the entire winter but the bed was great, the shower had lovely hot water and it was very clean. The food was brilliant and tasty esp breakfast. We had buffalo burger and fries one night again excellent. For us the only con was no wifi to check some locations we wanted to go to but I was happy not to check my cell or e-mail while on a vacation. I would so recommend this place to anyone. Moose just outside the property with great shots and long horn sheep just past the east entrance. Friendly people.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple