“Beautiful Hotel - Wonderful Stay!”

Holiday Inn Cody at Buffalo Bill Village
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Lafayette, LA USA
“Beautiful Hotel - Wonderful Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

I spent a couple of nights at Holiday Inn Cody- at Buffalo Bill Village with my spouse & grandchild. The hotel is beautiful! I was very impressed by a message from the manager on duty welcoming us to the hotel on our first night. The hotel is very detailed orienited. There was a buffalo stuffed animal on the bed for use while staying at the hotel with a note stating that you could purchase your own in the gift shop. Our room was very large and the bed was so comfortable with a night stand on each side of the king size bed. We used a roll away bed for our grandchild and we still had plenty of room to move around. We did have to move the arm chair and ottoman to make room for the the roll away bed. We all loved the lighting on the side of the bed. There was a stationary lamp and a second reading lamp on the end of an adjustable goose neck which could be postiioned to read without disturbing others in the room. The desk was very large with a section that pulled out for extra room making a two teir work station. The adjustable rocking desk chair was so comfortable. The room had a small refrigerator and microwave oven and a huge bathroom with a walk in shower. The bathroom was stocked with all the amenities you would need including blow dryer, soap, shampoo, conditioner, mouth wash, make up remover, sewing kit, vanitiy set and shoe shine sponge. The outdoor swimming pool is gated and has plenty of chairs and tables with umbrellas. Towels are provided at the pool. We ate a few times at QT restraunt on premises (children eat free!). It was very nice having a restraunt on premises with a reasonably priced menu. The food was pretty good as well as the service. We were given some coupons when we checked in for a free cocktail for each night we stayed. Free breakfast is not offered but we did recieve a coupon for 1 free muffin and a bottle of juice. There is a coffee station near the front desk that offers some very good coffee with individual flavored cream. They have hot chocolate packages & I think tea as well.There is a very nice gift shop on location. The gift shop is not in the hotel but located in a seperate building in the parking lot. You really can't miss it. Mention that you are staying at the hotel and you get a pretty good discount off your entire purchase. The staff at the giftshop were so friendly and went out of their way to be extremely helpful in recommending attractions and finding the perfect gifts for friends and family. At the end of the day when we returned to the gift shop they were serving snacks and beverages. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Cody. Also take the Cody Trolley tour (they can pick you up/drop you off at the hotel if needed) it is a very informative 1 hour tour.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Tavares, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

We spent one night at the Holiday Inn Cody at Buffalo Bill Village before visiting Yellowstone. The hotel is conveniently located a few blocks (within easy walking distance) from the downtown area of Cody. The common areas of the hotel seem to be well maintained. We did not use the pool or the adjacent restaurant as our visit was very short. Upon check in we were a bit disappointed to find out the laundry services were unavailable as we had just gone white water rafting and had things we needed to wash and dry. However, we were very pleasantly surprised when we got to our room and had been given a beautifully renovated room on the second floor! Honestly, the room was absolutely gorgeous and the amenities were that of a much higher end hotel! Not all the rooms have been renovated, as a few in our party were given older rooms but overall I felt the hotel was very nice for the price we paid and a great location.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Jessica R, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cody at Buffalo Bill Village, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Jscottsix,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that our renovation was well received. We will be renovating the remainder of our rooms this coming winter so we should be all up to date soon :) I apologize for the laundry being down and I will be sure to look into the issue. We would be delighted to welcome you back soon again and will assure you that next time the service will be perfect!

Kind regards,

Deadwood, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

Easy to find, rooms and Internet speed good. Nice restaurant on site. Only complaint was I got a breakfast burrito that was supposed to have eggs, bacon, cheese and potatoes...but had no eggs...made it very salty.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

After a long drive from Gillette via little big horn memorial this was a welcoming sight and welcomed we were. At check in we were treated as special. having no elevator and being assigned to a room upstairs I was instantly asked if I would like assistance which I accepted. A problem occurred when getting to the room and was dealt with immediately by maintenance. The staff were polite and all of them greeted us each morning as we passed them. Information was given about all we asked for. Very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ken j,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay at our Hotel. This is the best publicity we can get, and we are honored that you would choose to stay with us. We always strive to provide comfortable accommodations and friendly services to our guests and I am very pleased that we could accomplish this during your stay with us. I know the lack of elevator can be a bummer but I am glad our bellman was was there to assist you with your baggage.
We wish you a joyful summer season and hope we can host you again soon!

Jessica Rick on behalf of James Blair and the staff at the Holiday Inn at the Buffalo Bill Village Resort.
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

We didn't know what to expect, but it is in Buffalo Bill Village and shares the access with Walgreens and Comfort Inn Lodges.

Across the main street(Sheridan ave), there is Grandma's Diner's that opens till midnight, and the location is great, passing through the main historic street, at the northern corner next to Route 120(16th street) to Northwest to Belfry. This becomes a scenic route 212 Red Lodge to Cooke City.

At the front desk, Kate welcomed us, she was young, but one of those friendly staff during the afternoon check-in and late morning check-out.

There is no designated parking spot per room but they have just about right number of parking space and it has gotten totally full at night. But we did not struggle like other reviewers had mentioned before.

We knew the second floor rooms are mostly updated, versus, the first floor accessible rooms. And, our request was met, and we checked in the room 2 hours before the check-in time to the room just across the staircase. What a nice consideration.

Just like any inn in midwest, you either have a view to the parking lot, or to the inner court. In this case, inner courtyard we are facing is also a parking lot.

The room was immaculate and there is nothing to complain about. Keurig coffee machine, with coffee and tee, free wi-fi, cool A/C, large size room and bathroom,, sophisticated color tones of decor, durable acrylic vaneer, but very high quality execution, large fridge, and large LED TV, all new. I have never seen this level of design in other Holiday Inn that I had been to (mid 2000s, CA)

However, there is no elevator, and to access to the room with 4-5 pieces of luggage was 3 flights and the steps are well beaten from the heavy luggage traffics. Perhaps, they should update and maintain the steps regularly.

The huge laundry room for room keeping was right next to the entrance, and the working crew left the door open(no AC perhaps) most of the time and the detergent smell and the moisture stay constant. But entering the building, that is not an issue any more. Just a little bit of compromise.

The glass entrance door on the first floor of each section of the building have not been locked, perhaps, permanently unlocked from frequent usage. This concerned me briefly as anyone can access to the building at night. But, in Cody, I felt quite safe at night to balance my comment.

Now, the visitors-
It was the Independence day week, and we saw more cowboy-dressed male guests in the very long corridor, but, none of them says hello to other guests, and even at the lobby, they all looked grumpy. That was unnecessarily stiff and I heard that they were not that nice to the staff and I don't know why.

When I read many reviews from a site like tripadvisor.com, I started to think what happened to others? from my decades of experience in hotels, this is a great location without paying the extras, it met all my expectation and impressed us with some more surprises.

I wish them all the success they deserve in Cody!

Room Tip: Clean, Casual yet, upscale holiday Inn experience, better than Best Western Cody for its central Loc...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank One_Big_Hopping_Dot
Dear asianPrince-S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a nice in-depth review. The feedback you have provided gives us the opportunity to share real situations with the staff towards the goal of improving our service and amenities. You may be pleased to know that we have plans to install an elevator in the near future so hopefully the stairs wont be some much of an issue. I am pleased that our newly renovated and decorated rooms were well received and that your room was clean. As far as the entry doors on the wings of the hotel being unlocked, the doors are set to unlock at 6am and be open until 6pm. After that time they are set to automatically lock. I have alerted our maintenance team to ensure that the doors are working correctly just in case. Our staff is well treated and I am not sure what the issue was that day but it will most certainly be explored. Thank you for your 5 star review and I hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Cody.

Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed here for a trip to Yellowstone, and it was the perfect place to crash every night (though it's a bit of a drive from Yellowstone). We had a renovated room, which had a mini-fridge and microwave, and plenty of places to plug in phones, tablets, etc. The beds were super-comfortable, and best of all for asthmatics, the smoke-free room was actually smoke-free. The only drawbacks were minor: the beds were full, not queen, and the air conditioner couldn't cool the room to my taste (I'm always hot, so I like a powerful air conditioner that gets a room cold). Still, the room was a comfortable temperature, and I slept fine. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Anita S,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that our renovation was well received. We will be renovating the remainder of our rooms this coming winter so we should be all up to date soon :) I am sorry that the air conditioner was not up to the job of keeping your room as cool as you like it, and we will have maintenance take a look to make sure everything is working as it should. We would be delighted to welcome you back soon again and will assure you that next time the service will be perfect!

Kind regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed our first night in Cody at the Holiday Inn which has an excellent location. Be sure to ask for a renovated room - which we did and found it to be very nice, clean and restful and spacious. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Had a refrigerator and microwave in our room. Watched the great Fourth of July Parade from right in front of the Hotel parking lot. They treat you with warm "Western" hospitality and would recommend anyone staying there. It is over-priced but you get a good night's rest in a comfortable and friendly atmosphere. No elevator to second floor (only 2 floors) so you may need to stay on the first floor if you can't climb the stairs with your luggage.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank worldtravelerprof
Dear worldtravelerprof,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay at our Hotel, and for recommending us to other travelers and friends. Good reviews are the best publicity we can get. I am also happy to hear that you like our new rooms! We have plans to do the rest this coming winter. We hope you have a great rest of summer and hope we can host you again soon.