“End of season visit.”

Cody Dug Up Gun Museum
Ranked #4 of 61 things to do in Cody
More attraction details
Owner description: Stroll through history while viewing over a thousand of relic guns & other weapons from many different time periods and locations including “America’s War of Independence, The Gold Rush Era, The U.S. Civil War, The Old West & Indian Wars, World War I, The Roaring 20’s and World War II”. The Cody Dug Up Gun Museum is one of Cody, Wyoming’s newest attractions and a great look at history for the whole family. Open to the public in the spring of 2009. The museum is a proud sponsor of the Cody Gunfighter’s Show at the world famous Irma Hotel (just steps away from our museum!) We are members of the Cody Chamber of Commerce and enthusiastic supporters of Cody’s historical attractions. Open 9:am – 9:pm - 7 days a week from May through September *WE ARE CLOSED FOR THE WINTER SEASON, SEE YA'LL AGAIN IN MAY OF 2018*
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My wife and I were totally swept up by the historical value that was right there before us when we stumbled upon this treasure chest of historical relics on an end of season visit to Cody Wy. We will definitely revisit and whole heartedly recommend this dug up gun museum as a must see for everyone visiting Cody.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

A friend told me about this place as I am interested in history and it did not disappoint. Every old gun found from every peroid. Lots of rare and interesting exhibits. Better than the Buffalo Bill gun museum nearby because its real.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

This was really an interesting place and the cost is donation. Very good history of old guns and some reasons about why they were in the shape they were in. What really bothered me is the fact that they were abandoned. I don't think anyone alive would leave a gun unless it was junk or they were dead... :(

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Take a bit of time to pop in this great little museum.. It's free also but you can leave a donation... The owner is a friendly knowledgable guy.. Worth taking an hour out of your day to pop in and take a look

Reviewed 11 September 2013

This very interesting museum is like nothing I'd ever seen before. Arranged in chronological order, the displays include everything from Civil War to modern times. All artifacts have been "dug up", love the rifle in the tree. Owners are very knowledgeable and very friendly. Don't forget to pet Harley the Chihuahua.

1  Thank jillawilla

Been to Cody Dug Up Gun Museum? Share your experiences!