“TERRIBLE PLACE!!!!!”

Cody Holiday Lodge
Cody Holiday Lodge
Ranked #25 of 30 Speciality Lodging in Cody
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The owners are rude and unresponsive, the rooms are not clean and full of bugs, ants, scorpions??,and spiders. Went to complain about bugs biting got no response had to leave and go someplace else, This place looks like a cozy place in the mountains on a river bank could be a great place but totally needs someone with customer service skills and quality cleanliness. These rooms are not cleaned after each guest, the guy had to check our room and he said "oh no one must have stayed here last night." My mom and I traveled around the U.S. and out of 15 states and numerous hotel stays this was the worst, This was the worst hotel or cabin stay that I have ever had in 54 years of travel. Stay elsewhere save yourself the agony!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else or sleep in your car.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LindaGale54

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Yellowstone. We were offered 3 price ranges depending on the rooms status of "remodeling". We chose the cheap room which was just fine. We did not see the higher priced rooms. Our room had older shag carpet, curtains and bedspread and only a stand up shower but clean and quiet. The staff was very nice and recommended a great restaurant for dinner. The rodeo arena is across the street but even with Xtreme bull riding that evening, it was peaceful. It is a short drive to shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: Staff did allow us to view rooms before registering
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We did a road trip from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore and everything in between! After a long day of taking in the forest's beauty, we were looking for a room to stay. Most of the hotels in Cody were booked when I looked online. All we needed to do was sleep, so price needed to stay low. We pulled into the Grizzly Bear Lodge and got a room for $75. Not what we had hoped to pay but long day, late and sleepy and not wanting to keep driving, we took it. The exterior had charm because they look like cabins. The room was SMALL! and the "bathroom" was about the size of a restroom stall. No bed bugs so we just settled in and slept. Not the fanciest place but definitely not terrible if all you need is a nap before hitting the road again, which we did.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My dad and I paid about $100 to stay in this room, which got worse by the minute. We thought that we could tolerate the bugs (which were on the walls, windows, beds, and shower floor), bad smell in the room, and broken everything. When I went to take a shower and there was no hot water, it was the last straw. At first we were polite to the manager in asking for a refund, until he actually called my dad an [--] when we simply asked to confirm that he would give us a refund. Then he went off ranting about how he's not going do anything for us and we're not special...really speaking like a lunatic. Then I demanded a refund immediately so we could leave so we wouldn't have to listen to his insults any more, and then he actually made a pretend call to the police to try and scare us away without a refund! I didn't buy it so I called and confirmed with the police that the call was fake. The manager threw the money at me, and then threatened me to leave town and never come back or "bad things will happen" to me.

It was a truly unbelievable experience that I hope never happens again. I seriously urge you all to never consider this hotel, even if all other hotels are full. We went to the Antler's Inn after leaving, and for the exact same price as the Grizzly Bear, we had a super clean room (recently renovated) with friendly staff that didn't swear at us, or threaten us.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Brady S
Reviewed 10 July 2012

staff was very accomodating and friendly..even though we chose a less expensive older room, it was clean and quiet..there was a rodeo arena across the street that looked fun, but we were too tired from a long day's trip through yellowstone..there were no amenities other than coffee in the morning, but we didn't even expect that......it was worth meeting the owner who was an interesting friendly character....we enjoyed seeing a little jackrabbit outside our door munching on flowers when we left....it's exactly what we were looking for, right off the highway, clean and cheap..

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Everything in the room is old. No shampoo, not that I would have showered anyway. And the room was still $100. Might have been worth $20.

Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank elizabethanngriffin
Reviewed 28 February 2011

We stopped at this motel on our way back from Yellowstone. We were exhausted at around 11:00 pm and found no other motels with vacancy expect this one, and now I now why they have vacancies! This ogre was rude from the time we walked through the door. He asked how many people in the party and I told him 3 in one party and 4 in the other. Two separate rooms were needed. We also seen that they did not allow pets and we had two dogs in which we were totally intending on leaving in the truck in their kennels. At the point of stating we had two dogs, he THREW his pen on the counter and stepped back and said "I guess were done here! No dogs are allowed on MY property!" I tried to explain that we were not intending on bringing them into the room and he rudely interrupted me and said we don't have any rooms for you. We drove another couple of hours that night until we found another motel in another city that indeed had hospitality. This jerk really has no business what so ever being in a business that deals with people day to day everyday! I really hope this motel closes down before he pulls a gun on someone. He definitely needs anger management classes!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family