“Great Food & Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Wild Horse Cafe

Wild Horse Cafe
Ranked #52 of 87 Restaurants in Cody
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Denver
“Great Food & Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

The last reviewer clearly wan't a fan, but I completely disagree. My understanding was that they lost a partner rather than changing ownership completely. We were there August 30th and I had the philly cheesesteak and homemade potato chips. Both were some of the best I've had. Perfect really. My wife had a french dip with sweet potatoe fries. The french dip wasn't the best we've had, but it was good, and the fries were excellent. The only complaint I had was the dessert, peach cobbler, which wasn't all that great. In their defense, the partner they said had left was the one who baked the desserts and they hadn't caught up on that part of it yet. Being in a small shop was fun also, things to look at kept our 1 year old (and us, I'll admit) occupied while waiting for our food. Great place, and I would definitely go back if I'm ever back in Cody.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Falcong

Jackson, Wyoming
“Best Breakfast in Cody By Far!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

I am very passionate about this review b/c we just spent 4 days in Cody. Let's get something straight right now-Cody is NOT known for thier food. It's actually hard to find a good meal in this town. We couldn't seem to find any restaurant for breakfast. We even asked some of our friends who are locals and they said "we are embarrased that Cody doesn't have a good breakfast restaurant". On our last day we stumbled upon a very quirky restaurant called the Wild Horse Cafe. It's actually a store in the front and the restaurant in the back. This was by far, the BEST breakfast we had in Cody and in many towns. Gary, the owner and cook came out to greet us. He and the staff are very friendly and you almost feel like you are in thier home. His biscuits are the best I have ever tasted. I only wish we had found Wild Horse the first day in town b/c we would have eaten there every single day.

• Visited September 2011
4 Thank travelbirdanna
“Will never return!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

Kids cheeseburger was burnt! My son wouldn't even eat it! Fresh fruit Salad came out with canned peaches on it! The New owners Gary & Sherri Clemens actually came out and Bad mouthed Mike & Trisha the old owners! (ownership changed 2 weeks ago) We will never return to a place that finds it ok to talk trash in the dinning room! If you wanna make it Gary, find someone who can actually cook!

1 Thank WyoFood
Cody WY
“Great Home Cooking and wonderful desserts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

We love the peach cobbler, but the chocolate pie is great as well. They have REAL Southern Style cream gravy, not the 'sausage powder' that everyone else uses. We really like the homemade, hand-dipped chicken fried chicken breast. The wait time can be filled by doing a little shopping the surrounding store; they cook to order so you know the meal is freshly made. The wait staff is fantastic. They have sweet tea and unsweet tea so you don't have to wait for the sugar to dissolve. We haven't done breakfast yet, but we will this fall. (We have a Bed & Breakfast of our own to take care of.)

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Codite
Longmont, Colorado
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

We had lunch here on our way to Yellowstone. Food was great, but the best part was the friendly staff.

Visited August 2011