A Western Rose Motel
US$374
US$289
US$278
HolidayInn.com
Best Western Sunset Inn(Cody)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$185
BestWestern.com
Big Bear Motel(Cody)(Great Value!)
US$173
Buffalo Bill's Irma Hotel(Cody)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$256
Yellowstone Valley Inn(Wapiti)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$173
Official Site
Cody Cowboy Village(Cody)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$206
US$240
US$196
US$158
Hotels.com
All reviewsroom was cleanhelpful ownersthe main streetwithin walking distancequiet locationplace to stayclose to downtowntwo nightsroad tripspent one nightdowntown codynight stayyellowstone parkbuffalo billeast entrancebrendahose
Reviewed 18 July 2013

very friendly welcome from the owners.room was clean and all facilities were good and working.a nice traditional motel where you can park outside your door,unlike some of the big chains where you sometimes have a route march to your room.easy walking distance for a 70 year old to town centre bars and restaurants.owners were also helpful on where to sit in the stands at the local rodeo.overall a very pleasant stay

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Bolishous, Manager at A Western Rose Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

We like to share our "inside scoops" here. With only so much time left after visiting Yellowstone, we'll be sure to point you in the right direction. Our location is downtown, on the quiet end of Sheridan Ave, within walking distance of all the best shops, restaurants and live music. Thank you for your compliments.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Cody is small town, but it is very busy for easily approaching to east entrance of Yellowstone NP. So, hotel price is expensive compared to other cities. Budget host is very basic inn, room is clean and well maintained. There are 2 outdoor tables,1 BBQ grill and coin operated laundry. No hot tub or pool. Staffs are very diligent and friendly. But one thing, room is not spacious.

Room Tip: It is typical form of 1 floor inn. All rooms look similar.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your compliments, they are very much appreciated.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

If you're looking for the Park Place Hilton, this is not your motel. But if you're looking for an older but VERY clean place to stay in Cody at a (relatively for Cody......this is an expensive town for rooms) lower price, the Budget Inn is an excellent choice. The room had everything I needed, good bed with a quality mattress, flat screen TV with a good station selection, coffee maker in the room, etc.
My only negative was that the Wi-Fi connectivity initially didn't work for the evening I was staying there though the gentleman at the front desk was kind enough to reset it for me and after that it worked fine the rest of the evening. Unfortunately, the next morning it again was not functioning and the office was not yet open so I just gave up and headed on down the highway. I am sure it was not my computer as I had no issues with connectivity at any of the other 7 stops along my way on this trip. I am confident that if there is an issue with their router/modem, they will have it resolved by the time anyone reads this.
A special shout out to Brenda the owner who obviously takes pride in giving people a good night's stay at she and her husband's business. And on top of it she's a very personable lady.
Recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Bolishous, Manager at A Western Rose Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

I've never had to reset a router this much eva, anywhere. I buy a new one and the same thing happens! My new front desk clerk is a computer geek (I mean that in the nicest way, Erick!) So hopefully he can help me. I do the best I can with the equipment I have. Thank you for your compliments. I'm thankful for the opportunity to be here in Cody and the ladies I work with (housekeeping) take great pride in the happiness of the guests. I share all of the reviews with them.
Like my Dad used to say, "If there's something you need or something I can get, I will try, but I'm not a mind reader, all you have to do is ask". I'll letcha know what Ma says in another response.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This hotel was very friendly, but out of the way. Rooms were clean, but small, and parking is tight. Towels and bedding were clean and not scratchy, mattress was not firm enough for us. Light traffic in front of motel helped it be very quiet. Cancellation policy is 24 hrs, even if you're trading for a different night. We had changes due to business needs, and ended up paying twice for the night we stayed, as motel followed written policy.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Brenda O, Manager at A Western Rose Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Budget Host Inn, is located downtown on Sheridan Avenue which is the main street here in town. It's been here since the 70's. Due to the city's traffic pattern it can be a little tricky. I have requested a sign but have been unable to because it's WY DOT not the city, which means I'll have to reach out to my Congressperson or Senator.

Our cancellation policy is $25 dollars, regardless of when the guest cancels. In addition, should the guest fail to cancel 24 hrs prior to arrival (regardless of when the reservation was made) then then entire rate is charged. However, if I can resell the room, I will do my best to, that depends on how many rooms I have left to sell, what time the guest cancels, how busy it is in town -there are many factors. Simply because a guest is changing the date of arrival has nothing to do with the inventory or accounting aspect of the day's business. Policies aren't written to be waived. I guess that's why you didn't show me the Christmas ornaments you were selling to the other properties. Too bad because I was ready to buy. I loved those Giddy Up one's I've seen at the property next door.

Yes, parking is tight, which is why the spaces are numbered. I can't imagine what it was like when people in the 70's were driving boat sized cars.

I've been complimented on the size of my rooms, but I suppose it depends on what the guest is attempting to do in there. Why didn't you stay there? Each room has a table, chairs, vanity, bed, counter with coffee maker and refrigerator. In fact, I live in one of them for 6 months of the year.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Because the owner works here, it shows - - The rooms are clean and the price is fair. We arrived after a long day on the bikes and were welcomed on our arrival -- the OWNER then offered us a hose and rags to clean up the bikes a bit which was very appreciated. This location is well off the beaten path and very quiet - customers are encouraged to be quiet and there were no obnoxious, loud partying allowed which is what we wanted. Brenda was very accomodating and offered some of her own time to visit and recommend places to see and eat. If you want a "Down Home" place to stay in Cody, stay at the 'Budget Host' Motel -- you will not regret it . . . signed, the Licorice Brothers from Saskatoon, Sask Canada

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Rags and Hoses? It our BH "official" Bike Washing Station (pretty please, DON'T use the towels in your room). Thanks for listing where you are from, I love to go on Google Earth and look at the pictures, although it sounds COLD!