“Very Helpful Receptionist”
Review of Super 8 Cody

Super 8 Cody
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed 21 August 2012

My family and I were traveling through Cody, WY very late at night and was headed to a Super 8 in Grand Rapids, WY but was too tired to drive any further. I noticed another Super 8 and stopped in to see if I can switch my reservations from Grand Rapids to Cody. The receptionist, Heather made the appropriate changes to my original reservations. Because of Heather, my family and I were able to get a safe and good nights rest. Thank you very much Heather! God Bless you!

Stan D.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed 2 nights, when we arrived Dirk met us and had our room ready and then checked to make sure everything was okay. Rita was there in the morning and always helpful with attraction and road information. Pat kept the breakfast area clean and well stacked with a nice breakfast in the morning. Everything worked, nice updated room and WiFi was ready to go. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelJer
Reviewed 17 August 2012

The hotel was very clean and the breakfast had a good variety with good coffee. The staff,
especially Dirk, was very friendly and helpful with all our questions about the area...even
assisting us with securing lodging after we left Cody.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paula B
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Clean rooms comfortable beds ad very friendly staff. Dirk Pat and Rita made our stay enjoyable.
After a long ride on our motorcycles it was nice to have such a pleasant greeting from Dirk. He was very helpful with his suggestions about our trip through Yellowstone. Pat and Rita were there in the morning with a warm good morning and ready to help.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank russ w
Reviewed 9 August 2012

This was by far the most expensive hotel we stayed at over our 2-week trip, and it is nothing fancy. Apparently, its proximity to Yellowstone inflates the cost. The room was average, the breakfast is nothing fancy and the eating area is small. The staff was friendly and there is free coffee, hot cocoa and tea 24 hours a day. If we had paid $50 less, this would have gotten 4 stars.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tkabj
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I stayed here for several nights in June.

Not so good stuff:
My biggest problem was the first night and the maid. We got in very late our first night and could not find the do not disturb sign to put out. I usually find them on a table or on the back of the door but could not find it anywhere. We were tired so we went to bed. It was hard to sleep because there were people partying in several rooms and the walls a thin. At 2am someone mistakenly called our room instead of another room. Our room was 130 and since you dial 1 and then 307 for the area code we got other calls. We needed to unplug our phone.

After getting in late, being kept up by partying/screaming, getting called at 2am, we then got a knock on our door very early in the morning (we must have been one of the first rooms) by the maid. Before I can get out of bed, the maid opens the door. I tell her we need to sleep since we got in late and she gives me an attitude which I don’t think I deserved since she woke me up (which was not her fault) but also opened the door too fast. I know she is just doing her job but she was pretty rude when I asked to sleep more and asked for a do not disturb sign. Later that day I tried to make nice by thanking her for the do not disturb sign and saying sorry that we did not have one and all she said was "apology accepted" and immediately turned her back on me, end of conversation. After that I did not trust her so I only asked for towels during our stay, she kind of struck me as someone that might do something to my stuff, I got a bad feeling. We did not have too much trouble once we had the do not disturb sign out and used ear plugs.

The room could have also been cleaner when we checked in (hair in the bath tub, a lot of mold on the ceiling of the shower area). The room also smelled slightly musty.

The hotel is kind of outdated even though it said it was redone in the last five years but its not too bad. It was hard to find outlets in the room. I needed to charge my laptop since it was a business trip and in order to plug it in I had to move the mini fridge and unplug a light. The outlet connection was very loose so the slightest pull on the chord would make the plug come undone. I wanted to sit on the bed and work but the chord kept coming unplugged which also unplugged the fridge since multiple appliances were plugged into the one outlet. There is no way to sit in bed and work and the little table has no outlet near it. You can plug your stuff in the bathroom but there was not much counter space for a lap top.

The breakfast area is small so it was hard to find a table. The table and chairs were tall so it was difficult for elderly, disabled and small children to sit at them. Some of the chairs were hard to get to so you would need to ask people at another table to get up so that you could get to your seat.

Good Stuff:
They allow pets which is hard to find in a hotel in Cody. They have two pet stations with bags and trash for the dog. One or two owners did not pick up after their dogs and the hotel staff picked it up quickly. They also serve free breakfast which included juice, milk, yogurt, toast, cereal and fruit. There may have also been a few other items that I did not eat. (I don’t recall a waffle maker or any "hot" food). The air conditioner worked great. The people at the front desk were very nice and helpful. I met several staff besides our maid throughout my stay and they were all very nice. I also thought that the area outside the front entrance to the hotel was nice. It had some chairs and tables with some nice flower pots. It would be an acceptable area to eat breakfast as long as the weather was nice.

I would probably stay at this hotel again if I was in a pinch but I would not stay in room 130, I would bring ear plugs, unplug the phone in the room, bring a power strip/extension cord and I would make sure that I found the do not disturb sign before I went to bed.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank LadyCivilEngineer
Reviewed 31 July 2012

As soon as we walked in the door we were welcomed nicely. The man who checked us into our room is named Dirk so if he is working be sure to check in with him. He is funny and he helped us. He told us what was going on for tonight for example tonight is a gun fight. We have a very nice room. The family loves it too. If you want somewhere near Yellowstone park stay at Super 8 in Cody Wyoming. Remember they have great service, they are close to Walmart yippie! And they have nice rooms and it is close to Yellowstone. Thanks!

Room Tip: Get one on the 2nd floor they are big witch are cheaper if you have a bunch of people with you