“only place to stay” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Billings, Montana
“only place to stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We were greeted by an amazing desk clerk!! However, the building seems to not have been updated in 30 years. The walls were paper thin, our door refused to latch shut unless deadbolt was engaged, the hallway smelled strongly of urine, and after we had showered and built humidity in our room, it, too, smelled like urine. It was the only place in Powell and Cody that accepted pets. We only stayed there because it was the only place available to us. Yes, the desk clerk was fantastic, but we paid too much for a smelly, run-down hotel. Also our bath towels were threadbare and various shades of grey. The box springs were fully exposed with no coverlets of any kind. There was on plug in on the wall that had separated from the wall and had exposed wiring. Plugged into this was an adapter with room for three plugs. Four items plugged into a two plug adapter with exposed wiring is a fire hazard. How many times does a Super 8 in Park County have to burn down before you become concerned about the safety of your patrons and staff. Someone died in the last Powell fire.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
I was surprised to read of your disappointment with our hotel during your stay.. I wish I would have been able to talk to you before you left as we always want to make sure our guests enjoy their stay, or we will make it right. Please know that your comments are extremely important and I will personally address your concerns with my staff. Our excellent front desk and housekeeping staff is always attentive to the concerns and needs of our guests, I am sorry that this time they did not live up to that. At the Cody Super 8 we take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness. Unfortunately you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards.. I am truly sorry that we failed to provide you with our best. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Los Lunas, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

my stay here was a great stay here ,Monique was a great help to us we loved staying here and we will always come back when we are here. Monique was a great help in getting the right room and help us with what we had to do and we will always come back we loved her and the help she gave us the service was excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you so much for writing this excellent review on Tripadvisor. I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please join us again when your travels bring you back to Cody.
Cody, Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my first nights stay came back for a seconds night stay but arrived to be accused of writing in a drawer and threatened to have my credit card with held charged for damages and booted out in the morning due to damaged management David and Connie Eberly admittedly confirmed they could not prove I wrote on their property but they refused to investigate it and just assume it was me because their staff just barely noticed the damage. They were very rude and disrespectful to me and my family as customers continually tried to stay respectful and calm and tried to help suggest and figure out the situation. The management handled the situation poorly and gave us the worst hospitality. I stand by my innocence and it that writing was on the drawer prior to my stay and I don't appreciate the way management treated me.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
I appreciate the fact that our guests take time to remark about our service and our property even when their experience isn't to their satisfaction. We take destruction to our property very seriously and our staff checks the rooms every day. I am sharing your review with my staff as I think this a great training tool. Thank you for your feedback.
Grove City, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Super awesome attentive staff! We arrived late (though I had reservations) and the desk clerk was quick to get us into our room (probably knew we were exhausted!). He even offered my husband and I cinnamon rolls, but we were way too tired for that! The hotel was extremely clean and well kept. The bed was average, but we were so tired that we slept pretty good! The morning staff was just as friendly and breakfast was what you would expect - cereal, O.J., coffee, etc... and of course, cinnamon rolls (which were delicious by the way!). Would stay again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review! We’re glad you took the time to pay attention to the small details of our property including our rooms and complimentary breakfast. Also, thank you for taking note of our wonderful staff—I’ll be sure to share your comments with them! We hope your travels bring to back to Cody and you choose to stay with us again..