“Friendly and Clean”

Beartooth Inn of Cody
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have to admit that of all the places we stayed on our trip out west this was the most pleasant. The rooms were very clean the staff friendly and the breakfast was well stocked. We ended up staying for 4 nights instead of the scheduled 2. We felt that it was better to stay at a nice place with great rates and travel to Yellowstone than gamble with some of the others we stayed in.

Room Tip: Love the outside as well as inside entrances to rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This isn't a 5 star hotel, but we give it a 5 for its value, amenities and cleanliness! Has everything you need (refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot) and don't need (flat screen tv). Beds were clean, and we had a great night's sleep. Free breakfast was satisfying. With my dietary restrictions (gluten-free, dairy-free), I was still able to find something to eat. Although I couldn't eat them, the waffles and biscuits & gravy looked appetizing! Great shower (clean, hot and good pressure)! The decor is not modern, but the carpets on your feet are more comfortable than modern hotels (very well cushioned). Friendly management, greeted us at breakfast (remembered us from night before), informative and accommodating. Only downside to this 2-story Inn is that there is no elevator. Staff accommodated us on the first floor. We liked that there were two entrances to the room. One from the inside, and one to pull your car up in back to unlaod/load. For a mother/daughter traveling alone, we felt safe! Thanks for completing our Yellowstone experience! Onto Mt. Rushmore!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jacqui M
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Consistently clean comfortable rooms with decent breakfast provided. Appreciate the availability of the in-room microwave and fridge, even if I don't use them. 1-2 miles from the heart of Cody, and is situated on a lake of sorts. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Absolutely fine place to stay for one of two nights at either end of your Yellowstone trip.
Dont expect anything fancy as it is just a motel, if your trip is just to stay in Cody I would recommend staying somewhere with a bit of character and somewhere located right in town.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed for two nights in early October of 2013. The manager Nick was very helpful, and the room and the hallway were so nice and clean, and you just got this feeling right away of being in an "up-standard" hotel :). I sure was pleasantly surprised since I had not been expecting a hotel of that quality for the price I paid for which you surely would not get in Canada where I came from! And, the morning came and the breakfast was excellent with hard-boiled eggs and all that, above and beyond an average continental breakfast. There were also Burger King and McDonald's about ten minutes' walk from the hotel. In fact, if you're like me who doesn't mind walking somewhat (and I'm just an average walker, not an athlete or anything), you can very well walk all the way to Cody downtown to like Irma Hotel in about 45 minutes from Beartooth (I actually walked all the way to Buffalo Bill Center museum, took me about an hour and 15 minutes or so from Beartooth). So, the hotel is just absolutely excellent standard-wise, location-wise, food-wise and yeah there's a nice hot tub right inside the entrance on the left. I will definitely stay there again when I go to Cody next time in 2018 since I didn't get to check out the Yellowstone last time due to the government shutdown. - Myo M.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Myo M
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Our school went on a field trip to Cody, Wyoming, to visit the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. We had reservations at the Beartooth Inn. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms, the ease of parking, and the courtesy of the staff. The students loved making their own Belgian waffles during the continental breakfast. The view from both sides of the motel was beautiful. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mrm123abc
Reviewed 4 April 2014

On a cross country trip my girlfriend and I thought we should stop at Yellowstone. Great breakfast, clean rooms, the bed was nice and firm. Really friendly staff. On an off season trip I was expecting a lot less street coming in at 10pm. But waking up to beautiful scenery, right out the door I wish I had more time and will be coming back again my next trip this way.

• Stayed: April 2014