“Cannot wait to do it again!!!”
Review of Rimrock Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cody
Rimrock Ranch
Ranked #11 of 28 Speciality Lodging in Cody
Atlanta, Georgia
“Cannot wait to do it again!!!”
Reviewed 16 July 2011

This was truly one of the best vacations I have ever taken!! I still dream about the scenery and food. I tried bribing the chief for receipes, but no such luck. ;-(. My husband hated to leave and was depressed for several weeks after. The trip wasn't only about horseback riding, but included rafting, shopping, and Yellowstone National Park as well. In Arnold's words, "I'll be back".

• Stayed September 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bloomfield, Indiana
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Gary and Dede Fales run an excellent Dude Ranch that everyone should try to experience. The facilities are great, the scenery is beautiful, and the people are great. If you go – be sure to get to Cody as early on Sunday as possible, or Saturday and stay in Cody one night before starting your week at Rim Rock.
Do it. You won’t regret it!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank GeorgeWolf
Reviewed 10 July 2011

My wife and I just returned from a one week stay with our extended family at the Rimrock Ranch. We have vacationed at other dude ranches in Colorado, Wyoming and Canada, and Rimrock was in a class at the top of the list by itself. The ranch is run by Gary and Deedee Fales, and it is clear that they love this place and have spared no attention to detail. Their staff is exceptional and committed to providing their guests with a wonderful experience. The scenery is nothing short of spectacular, and the wranglers and horses are perfect for both experienced and novice riders (even our two and three year old grandchildren got to spend time with the horses and ride in the ring). Each meal was delicious and well planned - even for a few of our finicky-eating grandchildren - plenty of fruits and vegetables, along with tender steaks and prime rib. Fresh-squeezed orange juice at breakfast was an unexpected treat. Each cabin in well-appointed. Deedee has flower boxes everywhere, and they add a delightful colorful touch about the property. Our kids loved the swimming pool after a day of riding and a soak in the hot tube under the stars. The game room provided a nice break in the late afternoon and evening for our older grandchildren with a pool table, ping pong and air hockey (among other games). The ranch has developed a well thought out and different itinerary for each day. In addition to high mountain trail rides and a breakfast ride, we did some river rafting, spent a day with knowledgeable guides (two of our wranglers) in Yellowstone, attended a Cody night rodeo and had fun playing a pick-up softball game with our wranglers one morning. This is a wonderful place for a family western experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Johnfbales
Daytona Beach
Reviewed 26 June 2011

The hospitality by everyone was superb... our western decor cabin was cozy, comfortable and impeccably clean...the meals were exceptional and delicious...the activities were well planned...the trail rides, led by experienced wranglers was absolutely breathtaking...5 stars to our gracious hosts, Gary and Dede and their friendly, courteous staff. It was a WOW experience!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I enjoyed my stay here so much in July of 2009 that i came again the next year with my school. The area is breathtaking, the people there are extremely friendly and hilarious, there is never a moment when there is nothing to do. All activities are fun, so you should do all of them, or you'll regret it. The food is great, the cook Frank is awesome. You get to know everyone by name, it's almost like a second home. This was definitely one of my favorite vacations, and I do plan to stay there again a third time.

• Stayed July 2010
Lutherville,md
Reviewed 23 August 2010

This was an early birthday celebration for me with my wife,children and spouses and 2 grandchildren ages 3&5. Reaching Cody is not easy and will require at least 2 planes. Once there,Dede or one of her staff will meet you at the airport and take you to the ranch which is about a 30 minute drive.Be prepared for a great time with wonderful staff . The maximum number of guests is only 30 so you become friendly with many interesting people from all over .The cabins are beautiful and spacious. Ours had a very large living room with a fireplace, 2 extra beds and a very nice bedroom. The staff is excellent,the food very good(you will have a lot of meat,we only had fish one night(salmon) which was good. Besides horesback riding with very well trained wranglers,there is a game room,swimming pool and hot tub.I picked this ranch because of its location and the report on Travel Advisor.They took us to the Cody Rodeo one night which is the oldest and best in the nation, white water rafting one afternoon and a full day with a guide to tour Yellowstone Park. I dont know how I will ever be able to top this family trip.There is no TV but the main house does have wifi.You wll breathe the freshest air, see beautiful scenery and the bluest sky.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank JMICHAEL
Boston, MA
Reviewed 5 August 2010

My husband, 11 year old son and I spent our family vacation here for one week in late July. The owner Dede and the manager Nancy went out of their way to make sure all of our needs were met. The ranglers, especially Briant, Brian, and Jim, couldn't have been more accommodating, fun to ride with and interesting to talk to.

Our cabin was perfectly perched alongside a stream that my son spent hours playing in with the other children. We loved the outdoor porch where we could relax with a glass of wine at the end of the day. The pool and hot tub were a great place to relax after a day of activities.

As far as the included activities, we especially loved going to the rodeo one night. Seeing Yellowstone with the guests was interesting and we enjoyed meeting up with wild buffalo in the road, but I think the ranch tried to show us too much in one day. If I were to do it again, I would spend a few days there on my own and do things at a slower pace.

We really enjoyed the riding with the horses in the beautiful and scenic nearby mountains and appreciated the tips that the ranglers gave us on how to improve our riding. All of the guests were beginning riders and we had to stick with the whole group (all 33 of them) on most of the whole trips. Since we had some experience riding, I would have liked to break up the groups based on experience or just the type of riding they would like to do. Sometimes the ranglers broke the group in two, but we were always still stuck with a large beginner group.

The food was plentiful and what you would call "home style". Nancy provided me with vegetarian options whenever they were serving meat, which was most nights.

The ranglers let my husband help rangle the horses at the end of the day - the highlight of his trip. Now that we are home, my son keeps asking me when we will go back to the Rimrock again. Judging by the amount of fun that we had, I think it will be sooner than later!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family