“trying too hard” 3 of 5 bubbles

8th Street at the Ivy
Ranked #20 of 87 Restaurants in Cody
Price range: US$7 - US$45
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 8Th Street at the Ivy is Cody's best upscale restaurant. Opened in March of 2012 inside the BEST WESTERN PREMIER Ivy Inn & Suites, the restaurant features a beautiful granite bar with Alder wood details and charming patio seating. Serving unique American cuisine, the contemporary atmosphere combined with incredible service, 8th Street at the Ivy is ideal for business meetings, casual breakfast, Quick, Quality Cuisine for lunch or an exquisite fine dining experience in the evenings. Serving a variety of foods from local meats, hand cut steaks, fresh fish and seafood to homemade desserts, breads and soups made with as many local and organic ingredients as possible. Experience the difference in comfortable dining at 8th Street Restaurant at the Ivy.
Clearwater, Florida
“trying too hard”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

This restaurant is in the Best Western and I don't usually go to hotel restaurants if I am not staying there, but it had some decent reviews so we decided to try it. It was a little pricey for what they offered and really not that good. The atmosphere was ok, but the service wasn't very good. I would definitely go to the Chop house again before I would eat here again. Overall it wasn't bad, I would just say that it was average. Nothing to rave about.... sorry.

1 Thank debra k

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Spectacular restaurant in Cody, WY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

What a great restaurant. Had dinner there on Sept 20, called at 6:30 and got a reservation for 7:15 pm. Hard to believe that a hotel restaurant would have great food and great service, it does both in spades.
I ordered a salad and had the buffalo ribeye with fries, the ribeye is the house specialty. The salad was fresh and well balanced but, you really can't easily mess up a salad. The buffalo ribeye was nothing short of spectacular, tender and perfectly cooked at medium rare. The fries were excellent. The wine list while not extensive was good end well balanced. My wife ordered the hamburger and she was very pleased with the quality of the meat.
We both splurged and ordered the German Chocolate cake, wow. What a finish to dinner.
We are in Cody for dinner one more night, we are going back there again.

oregon
“Where the locals eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I always try to avoid the obvious tourist traps in a town but who would think that so many locals would eat in a hotel restaurant? But it was obviously true - this was confirmed as a special place for locals for breakfast or an evening out. The menu for breakfast and dinner was varied and my meal was excellent every time. In fact, I gave up eating elsewhere in Cody. My only comment was that the staff while incredibly earnest, there are some areas of professionalism to brush up on. The preparation time appeared to take longer than it should, and there were a number of items unavailable on the weekend that I was there. But that wouldn't (and didn't) keep me away. I would frequent this restuarant if it were in my home town.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
San Antonio, Texas
“Nice dinner in a Nice Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Thanks to TA reviews we got reservations here and thoroughly enjoyed our evening. Nice decor, friendly staff, good wines, interesting, well-prepared food. The chef even changed the preparation of the special for me ( grilled instead of fried). Melanie our server was charming and efficient. We especially enjoyed watching a sweet couple in their 80s on a date.

Visited September 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
“Unexpected surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

When was the last time that you heard, "The best food in town is at the Best Western"? Right, me either. But in Cody, it's the truth. We stayed here for 3 days. We ate at a couple of other places, but breakfast at the hotel was so good, we decided to try them for lunch and ended up eating there for every meal until we left. The food was delicious, reasonably priced and artfully presented. There were interesting choices, like grilled trout with your eggs for breakfast. The steak that my husband had for dinner was the best steak he had eaten in ages (including at a local steakhouse). The staff is charming. We have nothing but fond memories and if we're ever back in Cody, we will head here first thing!

Visited September 2013

Been to 8th Street at the Ivy? Share your experiences!