“Nice and clean motel”

Ranked #28 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Dublin, California
“Nice and clean motel”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed 1 night at this motel during my recent trip to Yellowstone an I really liked it. The motel has only few rooms so it's never crowded, each room has adjacent parking at a good location, near many restaurants. The room and bathroom was very clean. The properly owner was very friendly and knowledgeable, she gave lots of good advices about the nearby restaurants and attractions. The price we paid (around 100$) was much less than any other hotels in Cody, keeping in mind it was 4th of July. I would definitely recommend this motel to anyone visiting YSNP, it's about an hour of scenic drive to the east entrance of the park.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank AshimB

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is a great place and even though we did not get to meet the owner or manager or any person in charge, Wigwam Motel made us feel very welcome with a note telling us how to check out and wishing us a pleasant stay. Clean rooms comfortable bed spotless toilet fully equipped with microwave and a refrigerator. You cannot go wrong with this motel if you are planning to visit Yellowstone National Park. Also has free wi-fi

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jenkai92
Loose Creek
Reviewed 13 July 2014

If you need a bed, toilet and shower but no other amenities this is the place to stay. It was clean but the bathroom floor needed a little work and the walls are kind of thin. I was satisfied because it was the cheapest Motel in Cody. I got what I paid for!

Room Tip: Our room was on the outside of the hotel and we had an extremely hard time getting in and out of the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sandy K
Happy Jack
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My family and I traveled to Cody for a little getaway and stayed at the Wigwam motel. At first we were alittle apprehensive about staying here but, our room was very clean, the beds were comfortable and the lady at the front desk was super nice. The rooms are nothing fancy but you have a microwave, refrigerator, and big flat screen TV. This turned out to be a great stay for us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Pictures and reviews can be deceiving. Not sure how this place got any positive reviews. When walked in seemed OK, but looking further there were cob webs, stains on bed sheets, sticky substances on several surfaces, hairs everywhere, a funny smell, and everything barely functioned. Microwave and refrigerator seriously malfunctioning. The worst part was discovering beg bugs on 1st morning in the bed. This has never happened to me before. Secured everything possible and got out. Tried to call management, no answer. Left a note and wanted to check out early. Upon return from Yellowstone in evening no response from management, just a charge back for one night out of four charged, but owed for two nights. Tried several more calls no answer. Left in disgust, throwing my suitcase in dumpster (as recommended by experts) and trash bagging all my items. Upon getting home hotel management left a message they were not responsible or aware of bed bugs. I confirmed the bed bugs from pictures taken of them. My travel stuff is quarantined indefinitely. Tried to call hotel, someone drunk or heavily impaired answered and stated the owner was away and no one could help me. What? So far no credit has appeared from hotel. This place gives me the creeps, just thinking about it. Never again!!!

Room Tip: Avoid or regret later
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank NomadLifer

Travellers are raving about these Cody hotels

Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We spent one night at the Wigwam Motel in Cody, and we were quite pleased with the overall quality of the motel. The rooms are good sized and very clean. For the price, it was an excellent value, with several unexpected amenities: small refrigerator, microwave, and free wifi. The manager was very pleasant and friendly, and we were more than satisfied with the experience.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room as far from the main road as possible.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank HalloweenHJB
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Came in late and tired and Lucky to find a place under $120
Staff was nice and their dogs behind the desk were friendly and added a bit of ambiance to the office
The rooms were clean and comfortable but the price did
not fit the room or property value wise. I own a big pickup
And had to back out into the main street each time I needed to anywhere

• Stayed July 2013