“Good but not great”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I ate here my first night in Cody getting the Carne Asada with mexican corn and the wife just had nachos with beef. The food was alright, not the worst I have had but not the best. Serving sizes seemed about average, enough to keep you content with the chips and salsa. I didn't expect to have the best mexican food ever in Wyoming so in the end I was satisfied as I anticipated a little less than what was received. Waitress and staff stayed on top of things very well and quick which was helpful.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Traveling thru from Yellowstone had a lunch here. Great ..loved the spinach enchilada. We had enough to save and enjoy for dinner. Very pleasant staff

sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank You so much for taking the time to let me know about how much you enjoyed your visit to Zapatas. My staff and I do try very hard to make sure our customers enjoy not only the food but the company. I ou am so glad you enjoyed your food. I cook everything fresh everyday. Nothing premade or out of a can. So I am glad that you noticed. Againg thank you and look forward to seeing you again.

Just so you know I do alot of shipping of salsa and green chilie if your interested. I ship all over the U S.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I had the best chile verde here since Santa Fe, NM! It had nice big chunks of lean pork and the hatch chilies were not too hot. Just right. Connie's salsa is delicious and freshly made everyday. My husband had the chicken fajitas that were stuffed with meat and an excellent side of beans and rice. You can buy a jar of salsa to take. Our server was a pleasant guy, too.

Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Great food, very fresh. Great service, clean, clean restrooms. Husband had green chili chimichanga he loved it, my daughter had a fresh salad and I had shredded chicken with cheese. We have been traveling for 9 days from TX best food we have had

Reviewed 8 September 2013

On our first night in Cody, Wyoming we took the recommendation from one of the hotel staff and had dinner at Zapata's, 1362 Sheridan Ave., and were greatly disappointed. The waitserver couldn't have hurried us any more if she tried....she was impatient and tapping her foot when we asked to have time to look at the menu....we had not even had time to open it! We chose our drinks and she came back to inform us they didn't have one brand of the beers we had selected. She brought our entrees and they were horrible! All three of us have traveled extensively throughout New Mexico and this food doesn't resemble it any way, shape or taste....nor was it Mexican food. While eating, she informed the next table they were out of hamburger rolls and soda. What kind of restaurant is this?....poorly managed in our opinions. We left most of the food on our plates. We would not recommend this restaurant!

sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

I am so sorry you didn't enjoy your visit to Zapata's. There is no reason for poor service and my staff and I stive to give the best service we can. I did find out who your server was and she is new and ild n training but was let go after this review. I will not tolerate any rude behavior. As far as your food I dont know what to say I have people from all over New Mexico that love my food. As a matter of fact I ship my salsa, and my red and green chilie sauce all over New Mexico. I even have people from NM ask me to open a Zapatas in their area. Dont know what you ordered but if you would have told the server they would have tried and make it good by you. IF you would have takeld n a look at the guest book I keep up by the front desk you would see hundreds of good positive reviews and alot of them from NM. Nothing if from a can , I cook everything myself fresh everday and your food is made to order. FRESH EVERYTHING. But again sorry you didn't like it.

Connie
Owner

Been to Zapata's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!