“very good food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Zapata's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 87 Restaurants in Cody
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Prescott, Arizona
“very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

we had a very good meal here. it was raining that night so it was warm and cozy at our window table. The food was very good though not great, the service was very good though not great but I still think it is the best Mexican restaurant in Cody.

Hudson, Illinois, United States
“Excellent meal, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

We rolled into Cody early afternoon after a few hours on the road. We were tired and hungry when we spotted Zapata's. Since everyone in our group likes Mexican food, we decided to try it. The menu indicates that the food is actually New Mexico style as opposed to traditional Mexican. I don't know what the differences are, but we were all very happy with our meals. The chips and salsa were great. I loved the salsa, but my wife found it to be just a bit hot for her tastes, It was fairly thick, and I really enjoyed it. My wife had hard-shell tacos with ground beef, I had soft tacos with shredded beef, and our friends had chicken fajitas. Everyone raved about their meals. Our server was friendly, attentive and efficient - we rarely receive such good service, even in more upscale places. Atmosphere and decor were typical Mexican restaurant theme - fun and attractive but not exceptional. All in all, we had a very enjoyable meal at a decent price.

Neenah, Wisconsin
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

I ate here my first night in Cody getting the Carne Asada with mexican corn and the wife just had nachos with beef. The food was alright, not the worst I have had but not the best. Serving sizes seemed about average, enough to keep you content with the chips and salsa. I didn't expect to have the best mexican food ever in Wyoming so in the end I was satisfied as I anticipated a little less than what was received. Waitress and staff stayed on top of things very well and quick which was helpful.

“Nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Traveling thru from Yellowstone had a lunch here. Great ..loved the spinach enchilada. We had enough to save and enjoy for dinner. Very pleasant staff

• 5 of 5 bubbles
sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank You so much for taking the time to let me know about how much you enjoyed your visit to Zapatas. My staff and I do try very hard to make sure our customers enjoy not only the food but the company. I ou am so glad you enjoyed your food. I cook everything fresh everyday. Nothing premade or out of a can. So I am glad that you noticed. Againg thank you and look forward to seeing you again.

Just so you know I do alot of shipping of salsa and green chilie if your interested. I ship all over the U S.
Tucson, AZ
“A Must in Cody”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I had the best chile verde here since Santa Fe, NM! It had nice big chunks of lean pork and the hatch chilies were not too hot. Just right. Connie's salsa is delicious and freshly made everyday. My husband had the chicken fajitas that were stuffed with meat and an excellent side of beans and rice. You can buy a jar of salsa to take. Our server was a pleasant guy, too.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Zapata's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!