“Average food with good salsa”

Zapata's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 93 Restaurants in Cody
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The meals were at par with those in Mexican restaurant chains. ....nothing special....The canned black olives on the meal were listless and forgettable. Smoothies were syrupy. I suspect they contained any fruit.
The salsa however, was bold and full of character

sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Really!!! You want to talk about the olives. My food is nothing like you will find in a chain. I make everything fresh everyday.I make my own salsa and fry my own chips. My food is so good that I ship my salsa and sauces all over the United States. But I do understand that alot of people really don't know good mexican food. I get exceptional reviews from most of the people that eat at Zapata's. But just so I know what kind of olive do you favor?

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stopped in Zapata's or a late lunch early dinner. The food was very good. My husband ordered the chili verde which was delicious and I ordered a combo plate also very good. Good prompt service, nice atmosphere moderate prices. A good choice if your are in Cody.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This restaurant advertises New Mexican food so we decided to try it. Very pretty decor inside and the employees were very young and knowledgeable about the food. I had spinach enchiladas and they were very good with a creamy white sauce instead of a typical enchilada sauce. Good food!

1  Thank Sidmar H
sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

I would like to thank you for your review. I am so happy you enjoyed the food and the staff. Hope to see you on your next trip to Cody.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We should have paid more attention to other reviews of this restaurant, but people were going in, so we decided to risk it. The food was appalling - overcooked (in a microwave?), tasteless and looking like baby food on the plate. Avoid this place if at all possible.

FirOf st let me start by saying that 94 percent of my reviews are very good to excellent. Next I would like to ask what does a person from the United Kingdom know about Mexican food? None of my dishes are micro waved and everything is made fresh everyday. If my food is so appaling why then do I ship my suaces and salsa all over the United States. Maybe a person should know what they are talking about before they write review. And last but not least when you do a review maybe you should not be so rude about it. Oh thats right you are from the Uk. Hope you enjoy the rest of your visit in the United States Of America.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Seeing New Mexico Mexican restaurant on their sign drew us to Zapata's. Checking reviews we saw that another had a higher rating but only a few reviews. We are so happy we chose Zapata's. Chile Verde that was actually green and tasted great. The Carne Asada was tender & very tasty. And our leftovers made a wonderful omelette. Vicky was attentive & cheerful, letting us know the kitchen was catching up after a rush. And the house margarita was decent, served in a pint Mason jar!

Thank you so much for the kind review. I am so glad to see that you noticed the love and care thane goes into the food preperation at Zapata's. My staff and I try very hard to make sure all have a good time and a great meal when visiting Zapatas. Hope to see you again.

Owner

Been to Zapata's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!