“Rustic and romantic.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cody
Absaroka Mountain Lodge
Ranked #14 of 28 Speciality Lodging in Cody
bay village, OH
“Rustic and romantic.”
Reviewed 27 September 2008

The setting is beautiful and convenient (12 miles from the Eastern entrance to Yellowstone), with cozy cabins along the Gunbarrel Creek. My husband and I celebrated our 30th anniversary there and the Boyd family couldn't have been more welcoming. The main lodge was very Western and atmospheric and we had a fantastic steak and Caesar salad for dinner in the restaurant. Also went horseback riding on great horses with our cowboy guide Dustin, crossing streams and meandering through the mountain forests.

• Liked — the beautiful setting and the rustic atmosphere.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Amsterdam
Reviewed 2 August 2008

If your looking for the luxuries of 5 ***** accommodation then no, this not the place to stay. However, if you are looking for unique experience of staying a few nights in a rustic cabin lodge, with stunning surroundings, friendly wecoming hosts, evening camp fires, horse rides through the mountains (with expert guidance) to breakfast, then this is the place to be !
We had an absolutely wonderful stay and would highly recommend it to others.
Contrary to some other reviewers we would found the food (both breakfast and evening dinner) as wholesome, good quality food and not unreasonably priced. Should I ever have good fortune to visit Yellowstone again in the future then a reservation Absaroka Mountain Lodge will be top of my list!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Kansas
Reviewed 9 July 2008

We had the most fun ever. I wish we had planned to stay longer. Our cabin was so cozy and we enjoyed eating in the restaurant there. The surroundings were just beautiful. We enjoyed ourselves so much. If you are in the area plan to stay. They get a A+ from us.

Stayed May 2008
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 June 2008

The folks at Absaroka were great. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I thought the food was good, espically the Wednesday night cookout of ribs, burgers, corn on the cob and more. The cabins were clean and cozy. We ordered a fridge, microwave and coffeepot which were waiting in our room when we arrived. The coffeepot needed a cleaning before using though. The breakfast horse ride was wonderful, they even made sure my husband got a mule to ride like he requested. I would stay at Absaroka any chance I get when I go to Yellowstone.

• Liked — The friendly staff, the location near Yellowstone.
  • Disliked — not much
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maryland
Reviewed 15 July 2007

Our cabin was adequate, clean and in a beautiful setting. The staff was friendly. However, checking in hungry and expecting to get a decent meal is NOT recommended. The food was the worst we had anywhere while traveling in the Yellowstone area. And WAY overpriced. How bad can a burger or turkey melt be? Don't order it to find out. You are at their mercy...there is nothing else for miles around. Do yourself a favor and get your fill at a lodge in the park. Bring your own coffee, too- our cabin was equipped with a coffee maker, but come prepared!

• Liked — proximity to Yellowstone
  • Disliked — food
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
Baltimore
Reviewed 16 April 2007

What are some of these reviewers looking for? Yes, it's rustic, it's supposed to be rustic, comfortable rustic and a lot of fun! It sits in a beautiful setting next to a stream. We've stayed there on two occasions and are planning a third. The cabins are always comfortable and clean.

The owners have always gone the extra mile to accommodate. On one trip we called ahead to say we would not arrive until after midnight and our cabin was awaiting us with lights on and the door unlocked. On more than one occasion we were the only two signed up for a ride (one a dinner ride) and there was no question that they would still take us. We had a great time!

The restaurant, gourmet no, but everything we have ordered was good. And what better than sitting by the window looking out at the stream as you eat? How relaxing!

Evening, campfire if you want or how about a relaxing coffee drink in the main lodge?

We wholeheartedly recommend the Absaroka Mountain Lodge and look forward to this summer's stay!

Molly and Don from Baltimore

• Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DandMBaltimore
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed 1 July 2006

It's hard to pick a place over the Internet; but, after seeing the website and talking with the owners last winter, I made reservations at Absaroka. Physically, the setting is beautiful. It is nestled between two buttes and does have a stream running through it.
Sometimes, problems can be avoided by being up front with them. I had been warned the cabin was tiny. The curtains did not cover the window. The place smelled moldy. There was one 40 watt lamp. I was not told there was no water and that the pump was down when we checked in. I was tired and dirty and I wanted to wash my hands. I couldn't because there wasn't any water. Neither was there a plastic cup or soap. I was told the water would be back on soon and it was. I was told there was supposed to be plastic cups and soap and they appeared during dinner. In order to ride, you have to sign up the night before. We were never asked if we were interested. The employees raced up and down the dry, dusty, dirt/gravel road in golf carts,regardless of the fact we were walking in their dust. It appeared to me that the food in the restaurant is purchased precooked and heated on the premises. I would not describe the food as home cooked or tastey. Since the east entrance to Yellowstone is closed from 8P.M. to 8A.M. for serious road construction (it took 1 hour and 30 minutes to get from the entrance to Fishing Bridge, this place is inconveniently located , the family owners were not pleasant it is not worth the effort to get there.

3 Thank Tek