“PLAN AHEAD WITH RESERVATIONS!”

Wyoming's Rib and Chop House
Ranked #4 of 87 Restaurants in Cody
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Weatherford, Texas
“PLAN AHEAD WITH RESERVATIONS!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

There are only a few places in downtown Cody for dinner, so if you are staying overnight; with or without kids and a family, MAKE a RESERVATION! The staff at WRCH hustles their butts off to try and get everybody fed, but in huge summer months it's tough to keep everybody happy when they've had a long say and their stomachs are in Eastern Standard Time. I found the food to be better at their Sheridan location, but it's adequate for Cody, and fairly priced considering the season. These people mean well, and it shows. There are lots of TV's for distraction viewing, the staff kept my iced tea glass full, and our food came quickly.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank HDFLHPI

St Louis
“Good food and great for little kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Rolled into town fairly late and they were very welcoming. The food and margaritas were excellent. My sons meal came in a car which be loved. He was so excited when that showed up on the table. As we were leaving at close time someone came in asking if he can still get dinner for his family and the manager didn't even hesitate to accommodate. A must if ever in Cody!

Los Angeles, California
“Looking for a Great Meal in Cody”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I returned to Cody, Wyoming on July 8th with my husband & 3 children. I had heard so much about Cassie's & The Proud Cut but decided to ask 2 local ladies for their preference. Both ladies mentioned Wyoming Rib & Chop so a reservation was made. Well, I was pleasantly pleased with our service & the kids really had a nice meal "pre rodeo style". My husband ordered the New York Strip & I ordered the cedar plank Salmon as recommended by our waitress who mentioned that she fished Salmon in Alaska one Summer & thought the Salmon here was really good so what better endorsement. My salmon was very flavorful but was a bit well done but I could not complain since we live in Los Angeles & truly get the best of the best when it comes to fresh food & fine, very upscale dining. My husband however was not impressed with his steak as it was very chewy & full of fatty pieces. It's so hard to imagine not having an amazing steak in The Wild West. We were also told that the side dishes were very good but I believe the meal in general was average. The wait staff was friendly & did the best they could do. The atmosphere is really average, no windows, no ventilation so it really has a "meat" smell to the place. I do not regret our decision to dine here, I just wish I could dine at both Cassie's & Proud Cut to compare the overall service, food & atmosphere. Atmosphere is so important & this place lacks in this area.

• Visited July 2014
Land O Lakes, Florida
“A wonderful meal where good food was also a dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our dinner was Hot and Delicious.
My husband's 22oz Alaskan Amber Beer was served ice cold in a frozen Mug.
I enjoyed a 10 oz Baseball Cut Top Sirloin.
My husband had a tasty well prepared hamburger topped with a Fried Green Tomato and drizzled with homemade Crumbled Blue Cheese Dressing as well as Balsamic Reduction.
The food was creative and tasted fabulous.
Katie , our server, was exceptional as well.
We are looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Brenda5443
Brevard, North Carolina
“Great steak, dry & unflavorful ribs, slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Even with a reservation, we had to wait an extra 40 minutes for our table. This might have been a fluke because there was a terrific rainstorm just before we arrived and we suspected that people decided to get out of the rain and eat dinner. The place was completely packed!

We ordered steaks and the ribs. The steaks were super good, tender, cooked properly, and seasoned well. The accompaniments were standard - salad and baked potato, which were fine. The ribs, however, were almost inedible. They were very salty and dry, without much flavor. Take my advice and stick to the steaks. Several people sitting near us had ordered fish and reported that it was good.

Visited July 2014

Been to Wyoming's Rib and Chop House? Share your experiences!