“If There Was A Rating Above Excellent, I Would Give It To The K3 Ranch”

K3 Guest Ranch Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 16 Cody B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at the K3 Ranch for 8 days and 7 nights and we had the best time of our lives! The view is breathtaking, the house is incredible, the owners Jerry and Betty are wonderful, and their staff member Debbie is superior! I felt very sad when it came time to leave because Jerry and Betty felt like family and their house felt like home. Jerry is a comedian who brings laughter to all who know him. He is a very kind and sensitive man who loves all people. He is also extremely talented as an artist who designed and decorated the bed and breakfast revealing great intelligence and creativity. I had the honor to get to know Jerry because of the time I spent there. His wife, a retired school teacher and librarian is also very intelligent and helpful. The two of them will always have a special place in my heart! I will never forget either of them!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra G

Reviewed 24 August 2013

My partner and I stayed at the K3 guest ranch one of the nights of our honeymoon. We were doing a tour of Yellowstone, backpacking and camping and staying at B&Bs. We stayed there on our way over from Billings. It was easy to find and very close to downtown Cody (few miles at most), but removed so that it felt like we were in the backcountry. We stayed in the Sheepherder's wagon, which was a perfect little locale. We had dinner in downtown Cody and then spent the evening sipping tea on the swing, looking out across the expanse of land in front of us as the sun set. The house is beautifully furnished with common room space. After a great night, we woke a stout breakfast cooked on the back porch and met the dog. We ate at a communal table with the other guests and it just had a great time. Could easily spend many nights there, and we were sad we had to leave so soon. Thanks Jerry!

Room Tip: Go with the wagon!!! It's awesome!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ellenseattle
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed with Jerry & Betty in July for 2 nights with our two girls of 10 and 11, and we all loved it! We stayed in the Rocky Mountain room, and the girls loved sleeping in the wagon. There is plenty of room for your luggage and then still some to just hang around and relax, including a decent bathroom. I loved seeing all the other rooms, each one will offer a different experience, very unique! Don't expect a typical hotel, it is a unique Bed&Breakfast that cannot be compared with anything else, (for example, during your stay you will be sharing the breakfast table with the other guests, which we think adds to the experience). Jerry is a fun guy entertaining his guests while preparing breakfast (the best breakfast of our whole month of traveling, according to our girls), and very helpful with tips on where to eat, what to do etc. The location is a short drive from Cody center, very peaceful and relaxing coming back from your activities in and around Cody. All -in-all I certainly recommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank goudhert
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We got the pleasure to stay at K 3 in June with another couple. All I can say if you dont stay with Jerry and Betty you are missing a chance of a life time. He certainly loves his job and pays attention to detail, his rooms are just gorgous . He is full of life and abvious he loves his job.Betty is as sweet as they come .Breakfast cooked outside was just wonderful.and if you want the experience cooking on an open fire he will sure sit back and let you . I hope to return one day with my granchildren. Its close to town and the view is breathtaking. We got to sleep in a shepherders wagon one night and was great. It was an amazing trip and we just loved Cody Wy. Thanks to Jerry and Betty the maniacs had a memorable trip.

Room Tip: Any room is a great one
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2013

While I use trip advisor regularly when booking travel, this is my first time to share information on a property that I visited. The accommodations were not at all what I was expecting, but I must claim responsibility for part of the misunderstanding. The K3 website presents the property much differently than it looks in person. I booked the Sheepherders Wagon for the 2 young women were traveling with, and what I thought was the Hideout Glamour Tent for my husband and I. When we arrived we were shown around the lodge and then ushered out to our rooms by Jerry( who has the attitude and mannerisms of a 13 year old boy, and not in a good way) I was a little stunned by the condition of the Sheepherders Wagon and that it would be offered as accommodations at a supposedly reputable bed and breakfast. I was completely shocked when I was shown to our room it was nothing more than a tent with a wooden floor. The wagon and the tent share a bathroom that is maybe 40 yards from the tent! Jerry proceeded to joke about the fact that I was not to let the several pair of binoculars in the kitchen area not cause me a bit of concern and then proceeded to make jokes about watching me travel from the tent to the bathroom in my nightwear. When I told Jerry that I had expected a bathroom as part of our room, he offered us a room in a crudely built greenhouse that had a very swayed bed that looked as if a Great Dane had been sleeping on it for the last 10 years. He said he could offer nothing else to us. He made all women in the group feel uncomfortable from the time we arrived to the time we sped back down the long dirt road back to Cody totally creeped out. We asked for a refund, which we were denied. I must say I don't understand how I could of had such a different experience from the other reviewers, but my advice would be DON"T DO IT!!!

Room Tip: We wound up staying at the Chamberlin Inn. It was expensive but very nice with friendly helpful sta...
Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank LMO025
buffalochip, Owner at K3 Guest Ranch Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

When you arrived at our ranch and I showed you the Sheepherder Wagon and Tent House I remember the two young ladies in your party were excited about getting to sleep in the wagon but you said no and that you were going to sleep there. Later you said that your were not going outside the wagon for use of our modern bath house and asked if we had any other places with a bath inside. At that time I told you we had a green house with a bathroom in it but it was not used as a room. You asked to see it so I obliged....WHAT A MISTAKE!

I am sorry you had a misunderstanding as to the accommodation you reserved here at the ranch. I went back to our web site at www.k3guestranch.com and reviewed exactly what we had described for the Sheep Wagon and Tent House...(Exactly what you had reserved for the four of you).

I read in our description and saw the pictures of the Sheepherder Wagon which describes the wagon as:
"an 1897 refurbished sheepherder wagon with a tent house that sits atop a wooden floor with 4 foot wooden walls and an additional 4 foot of canvas walls for a full 8 foot ceiling. A large picture window looks out to the green meadow and mountains beyond. A set of two twin bunk beds accommodates up to 4 guests. Guests share the adjoining bath house that sets between the Tent House and Sheepherder Wagon."

I do not know how we could have been more explicitly clear.

It was very nice of you to claim responsibility for part of the misunderstanding....thanks for that.

The K3 and I will work harder to provide our guests a great place to stay while here in Cody, Wyoming.

Jerry Kinkade

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Needs more than 5 stars!! Loved staying in the glamour tent at the K3! Antelope and deer in the pastures outside. This was a family reunion trip and my husband and I took our 82 yr old mother who loved the place. This place is highly recommended and should definitely be checked out! We would come back again just for the breakfast and scenery. Wish we would have known about the trout fishing available. We will bring mom back for that! The Astells and Mom Cerven...Wish we could have stayed longer....,

Room Tip: Try the Glamour tent if you want solitude and quiet,,....Can't beat the cleanliness and amenitie...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank VickiA206
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The only reason we are giving this 5 stars is because there aren't 10 stars up there. We spent 2 nights at the ranch. One night in the Glamour Tent and the 2nd night in the Teton Room. We had a great time and found we loved everything about this place! Jerry and his wife are warm and hospitable. Jerry is a gracious host and very entertaining. Divit, Jerry's dog was entertaining too We loved watching the wildlife in the evening. The breakfasts in the morning were delicious and you get plenty to eat! We had bacon, pancakes and eggs the first day and waffles and omelets the second day.
Jerry, Mike says to work on the omelets, perfection is right around the corner! We loved the experience and would definitely stay here again! You will love checking out all the unique furnishings in the main house!

Room Tip: We loved the Teton room, nice full bath and off the great room. If there are just two of you this i...
Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple