“Absolutely perfect!”

K3 Guest Ranch Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 16 Cody B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2008

First, I want to address the recent negative comments. They should be totally disregarded, in my opinion, because the writer didn't even stay at the property.

My mother, my friend and I spent four days at the K3 in mid-July. My mom is 84, and had wanted to stay at a ranch since she was a child. I chose the K3 because its excellent website made it look like the kind of place we wanted. My mother and I have traveled all over the U.S. and Britain and have been many places, and we've stayed in numerous B and Bs as has our friend. In addition, we've been to Cody several times and stayed in other establishments.

We can truly say that our time at the K3 was one of the best vacations we've ever had. There was only one thing wrong with it~our time there was too short! Jerry is a true Westerner and loves to joke around. Of course, appreciating jokes requires the recipient to have a sense of humor, so maybe some people wouldn't enjoy him. He, his wife Bette, Dan, Marilyn and Nila(hope I'm spelling that correctly!) all do their utmost to ensure that the guests have a wonderful time. Buddy the dog is a sweetheart, and it's common for dogs who belong to a B and B owner to have the run of the property...after all, they LIVE there.
The horses were gentle and getting to meet them was the highlight of the trip for me...I was raised in a big city and had never had that opportunity. My mom thinks the best part of our stay was the ride Jerry gave her on his four-wheeler...she'll NEVER forget that!!!! And her red cowboy hat is now broken in! :)

I can truly say that I had never slept in a chuckwagon before! We viewed all the bedrooms and all were beautifully appointed and decorated, with many thoughtful touches. The property itself is gorgeous, with glorious scenery. The common areas are comfortable and there are books, games and other amusements if they're desired. For myself, sitting on the patio under the tipi just relaxing was the best place to be. It felt like we were miles away from everything, but Cody was very close if anything was needed.

We're already talking about returning to the K3, and have told lots of people who knew we were going there how wonderful it is. We would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a relaxing stay at a wonderful establishment. Cody has many activities to offer, and the K3 is the perfect place to stay while in town.

Jean, Elizabeth and Julie (AKA "The Runt" as christened by Jerry!)

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for K3 Guest Ranch Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 8 August 2008

We could not have found a better place to stay for 3 days. Everyone we came in contact with were GREAT. Breakfast each day was a plus. We had 2 different sleeping rooms because of an add on day at the last minute,it was the sheepherders wagon,fun fun. Convenient to many activities in the area.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2008

Our stay at the K3 Guest Ranch B&B was awesome! We were on a Wild West Wyoming vacation with 16 and 12 year old boys and their favorite stay of the whole trip was at the K3. We stayed in the Rocky Mountain room and there was lots of room, comfortable beds and it was very clean. The hospitality was second to none from Jerry's welcome and showing us around to "Cookie's" delicious breakfasts, to the interaction with the other guests. We would definitely recommend this as a fun, centrally located, authentic western place to stay as well as return again ourselves. Thanks Jerry and Betty for everything! The Wapnick's

Reviewed 28 July 2008

We arrived and departed the site not to return. We did not spend the night. We went elsewhere. We found that the site did not comply with it's own policies on animals. A dog had a run of the bed and breakfast and the rooms. I sent the bed and breakfast an email with my comments and did not recieve a reply. The individual that greeted us was coordial but rude to our son commenting on his appearance more than once. As he was dressed normally, this was distrubing. If you want a rude and rustic experience, then this is it.

8  Thank neoprancer
Reviewed 27 July 2008

This was our 1st time at a Bed & Breakfast. Jerry made us feel extremely welcome the minute we met him. Jerry is one onery cowpoke..poking fun at this and that. Betty was a real lady and Buddy was the next greatest dog there is..(Our Brandy is the greatest..). Having a ten-point Mule deer walk right up to the house and go up the hill all the while letting us take all the pictures we wanted was great. I think it was trained by Jerry. The rooms were terrific and breakfast in the outdoors was the finale. Great cook!! He knows his stuff! We will definately tell everyone we know to be sure to stay at K3 Guest Ranch. Wish we could have stayed longer. It was a hoot!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2008

The K-3 ranch was our favorite family vacation we've
taken. It is a true western experience - breakfast
over the open fire and horses, hay harvesting, etc .
The owner Jerry is a real cowboy. He is hilarious. I
haven't laughed so much in a long time. The day we
left my kids were crying because they didn't want to
leave. I almost cried too. Felt like leaving new-found
family. If you want a great spot to explore the
beautiful area of Cody and Yellowstone the K-3 ranch is
a must!! Thank you Jerry and Bette (and cowboy Dan!!!)

Reviewed 20 July 2008

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the K3 - it is a beautiful setting, wonderful accomodations and great breakfasts served out on the patio. It is out of town a ways, but convenient to all Cody attractions. Jerry & Bette are very friendly and able to provide lots of suggestions for sightseeing and getting the most out of your stay in the area. Our children loved it as well, they slept in the Chuckwagon bed and loved playing with the dog! We would definitely stay there again if we get back to that part of the country.