“A great place to stay in Cody”
Review of Chamberlin Inn

and 1 more site!
Chamberlin Inn
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed 24 May 2011

We spent one night at the Chamberlin Inn. While there are many motels in Cody, the Chamberlin offers a bit of charm and luxury a very short distance to Main Street. The rooms are very charming and well maintained. Our room was on the street side but we did not hear any street noise or for that matter any noise from other guests. A lovely stay and this Inn will be at the top our list when we travel to Cody in the future. A+++ stay!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tashapVermont
There are newer reviews for Chamberlin Inn

Reviewed 10 April 2011

I just stayed at the Chamberlin and I must say that it was probably one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed at. My boyfriend just stayed at a five star Hilton and said this is above and beyond his experience there, I would definitely agree! I live in the area and have driven by the Chamberlin a number of times and have always thought it is charming. It is located right in downtown Cody so you can walk to most places around the town. The courtyard of the hotel is beautiful even in the ‘spring’ we are having this year with lights up in the trees and everything. It is even lovelier in the summers!

The hotel itself is beautiful, the whole place is wonderfully restored complete with transom windows above the doors and gorgeous metal tiles set into the lobby area. When we arrived we were shown to our room which was upstairs. (Some other reviewers have complained about the lack on an elevator but when I booked I was offered an upstairs room or a ground floor room so if you have a problem with stairs stay on the ground floor. Generally when I stay at historical hotels I try to stay upstairs knowing there is no elevator.) The staff was very friendly, really showing the true spirit of Wyoming that I love, offering to book dinner reservations or call to see if a spa would do a massage. We were told that we were free to have a look in any room with the door open. They have a sunroom with a piano and record player and a beautiful library stocked with area authors as well as wide selection of other books. The amazing detail of each room with time-period furniture was just wonderful. I would love to stay next time in one of the suites overlooking the courtyard!

The whole hotel smelled wonderful. You can tell the owners take pride in the cleanliness everything in our room and the hotel was spotless. The owners are also both very friendly wonderful proprietors. I also loved the HUGE free standing bathtub complete with complimentary jasmine bath salts. The bed was amazingly comfortable and had nice thick comforters and really soft pillows! I would definitely like to come back at some point.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2011

Well worth your time. Clean, classy, comfortable.FAMILIES WELCOMED!! My husband, 2 boys (7 and 12) and I stayed here. This place is completed renovated (down comforters, real bedding, comfortable beds). My boys enjoyed playing croquet and eating breakfast (cereal) on the cafe tables in a gated courtyard every morning while we enjoyed fresh roasted coffee. There was always some kind of homemade cake for snack and you use skeleton keys for your rooms. We found ourselves chatting with the owners many times.
The Chamberlain is a must, not only is it a great and comfortable stay, it is a piece of history.
What a great find...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Raine001
Reviewed 12 October 2010

My girlfriend and I traveled cross country and this was by far our most memorable stay along the way. The room was modest in size but extremely comfortable to the point that you don't want to get out of bed, ever. Everything felt new and clean but still had the old-west charm that you would want in a place like this (claw-foot tub ta-boot). We also spent time in the common area/library, as well as the back courtyard, it was very mellow and romantic. We walked around downtown Cody which is right around the corner, but the Chamberlin Inn was the best part about the city.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2010

The Chamerlin Inn is a unique restored historical hotel located perfectly to walk around Cody and enjoy the western, historical atmosphere of this fun community. The hotel has been restored to perfection with attention to every detail. Our stay was special from the friendly, helpful desk attendant to the spacious, clean room with special touches such as a box of Le Belge Chocolates on our pillow. There was a cozy library to enjoy quiet time with photo albums of the restoration process - such a lot of hard work went into making this a one of a kind place to stay. Our 7 year old grandson was thrilled by the beautiful courtyard that even had table and chairs his size - he even got to enjoy using an old fashioned switchboard at the front desk and was encouraged to enjoy himself!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2010

The Chamberlin was fantastic. Its history and modern-day restoration are a tribute to the great Western Town in which it resides. I stay in a lot of luxury boutiques, and ultimately the difference is the details, and the Chamberlin hits the mark. Of course, location helps and this hotel has it. Everything is walking distance, including the impressive Buffalo Bill Center. Even more so, several great restaurants line the two blocks just in front of the hotel, making a variety of options available for any meal. We had a great breakfast at Peters, and at Proud Cut for dinner. One of the best tenderloin I've ever had. But I digress - the Chamberlin is the only real choice if you legitimately want to immerse yourself in the Cody culture during your stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Although this is a beautiful hotel and the staff were very helpful we were a little disappointed. Firstly the fact that our room was quite small. It was also side on to an alley where they made deliveries at 5 in the morning - and were very noisy! Although it was our fault for not noticing, this Hotel did not do breakfast. Considering the prices we would have thought that breakfast would be included.

All said though - the hotel was classy and clean and in an excellent location - right in the centre of Cody and close enough to Yellowstone National Park.

We would recommend the hotel but along with the recommendation we would say don't chose Room 22 if you can help it, try the other side of the hotel where it will be quieter.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple