“Elegant home in a perfect location”
Review of Chamberlin Inn

and 1 more site!
Chamberlin Inn
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Cody
gentbrugge
“Elegant home in a perfect location”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We stayed for 2nights in a garden suite. Although the rooms are rather small they are very lovely decorated. When we opened the door to our room we were immediately in the beautiful garden. Such a peaceful oasis in the middle of town. We looked into some rooms which were not occupied and we noticed every room was decorated differently, which is great. The staff is very helpful and very kind. Breakfast is not available in the hotel but there is a lovely place where they sell bagels and sanwiches just across the main street. We would recommend this small but wonderful hotel to everyone staying in cody.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I just stayed here with my family (hubby, suster, friend, and 2 kids) while traveling around Wyoming and loved it! Actually everyone enjoyed the stay. This is such a charming hotel that I just wished we had stayed more nights to truly enjoy it. My husband, my sister and her friend could not stop complimenting me for having us stay here. We loved the location, the decor, the attention to detail, the gracious welcome from the owner and the feeling that we were "at home", even though we weren't. Just lovely. If you are coming to Cody you should stay here.
Spending the afternoon strolling up and down the main street. Enjoy the shopping and go to the Rodeo. Anotehr must see if you have kids.
Cody is a very charming city and we had a great/family/relaxed time here...don't miss it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Glastonbury, CT
Reviewed 17 June 2011

A must stay if in Cody- we stayed in the guest house, a separate freestanding house in the garden, and could not have been happier! The staff is friendly and helpful. The accommodations were beautiful and the details like a fireplace and claw foot bathtub lended an aire of elegance!

• Stayed June 2011
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Unfortunately could only stay here for one night during our recent road trip holiday! this is a charming little hotel which has been lovingly restored and beautifully cared for. We opted for a room on the ground floor (save carrying cases upstairs) and were shown 2 to chose from, they were both beautiful.
The bed was the high old fashioned style but was so comfortable, with loads of pillows (a pet hate of mine is a bed with only one pillow each). There was a huge closet in the room and the bathroom with claw foot tub was beautiful - sorry to be repetative!
No breakfast, but you get a discount coupon for a cafe just round the corner, but coffee is available and there is a lovely garden to sit in.
The BEST place to stay in Cody, and just off the main street. Excellent!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lovetoholiday2007
Vermont
Reviewed 24 May 2011

We spent one night at the Chamberlin Inn. While there are many motels in Cody, the Chamberlin offers a bit of charm and luxury a very short distance to Main Street. The rooms are very charming and well maintained. Our room was on the street side but we did not hear any street noise or for that matter any noise from other guests. A lovely stay and this Inn will be at the top our list when we travel to Cody in the future. A+++ stay!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tashapVermont
Powell, Wyoming
Reviewed 10 April 2011

I just stayed at the Chamberlin and I must say that it was probably one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed at. My boyfriend just stayed at a five star Hilton and said this is above and beyond his experience there, I would definitely agree! I live in the area and have driven by the Chamberlin a number of times and have always thought it is charming. It is located right in downtown Cody so you can walk to most places around the town. The courtyard of the hotel is beautiful even in the ‘spring’ we are having this year with lights up in the trees and everything. It is even lovelier in the summers!

The hotel itself is beautiful, the whole place is wonderfully restored complete with transom windows above the doors and gorgeous metal tiles set into the lobby area. When we arrived we were shown to our room which was upstairs. (Some other reviewers have complained about the lack on an elevator but when I booked I was offered an upstairs room or a ground floor room so if you have a problem with stairs stay on the ground floor. Generally when I stay at historical hotels I try to stay upstairs knowing there is no elevator.) The staff was very friendly, really showing the true spirit of Wyoming that I love, offering to book dinner reservations or call to see if a spa would do a massage. We were told that we were free to have a look in any room with the door open. They have a sunroom with a piano and record player and a beautiful library stocked with area authors as well as wide selection of other books. The amazing detail of each room with time-period furniture was just wonderful. I would love to stay next time in one of the suites overlooking the courtyard!

The whole hotel smelled wonderful. You can tell the owners take pride in the cleanliness everything in our room and the hotel was spotless. The owners are also both very friendly wonderful proprietors. I also loved the HUGE free standing bathtub complete with complimentary jasmine bath salts. The bed was amazingly comfortable and had nice thick comforters and really soft pillows! I would definitely like to come back at some point.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 4 February 2011

Well worth your time. Clean, classy, comfortable.FAMILIES WELCOMED!! My husband, 2 boys (7 and 12) and I stayed here. This place is completed renovated (down comforters, real bedding, comfortable beds). My boys enjoyed playing croquet and eating breakfast (cereal) on the cafe tables in a gated courtyard every morning while we enjoyed fresh roasted coffee. There was always some kind of homemade cake for snack and you use skeleton keys for your rooms. We found ourselves chatting with the owners many times.
The Chamberlain is a must, not only is it a great and comfortable stay, it is a piece of history.
What a great find...