“One of our favorites!”
Review of Chamberlin Inn

Chamberlin Inn
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed 17 July 2008

Having just read the previous review, I feel compelled to write about our occasional stays at the Chamberlin Inn. We found the Chamberlin Inn shortly after they opened after their huge renovation and have enjoyed staying there on our short weekend trips to Cody. The hotel is immaculate (not even a little bit musty) and beautifully decorated. Each room is different, so we have had some fun choosing each time.
Service is wonderful and the owners are always very accomodating and helpful. The times we have stayed upstairs, someone has always offered to carry our luggage for us. As for the ice issue, there was always plenty in the freezer (not in trays) and was usually gotten for us.
The reviewer makes mention of the "owner's son", but the owners I have gotten to know only have daughters. Maybe he reviewed the wrong hotel?!?

• Stayed: July 2008

Reviewed 7 July 2008

I was really looking forward to extending a week's long guest ranch visit by ending in Cody. The Chamberlin Inn looked nice and ideally located. My arrival was o.k. and I was even allowed to check in early.

The room that I stayed in was a bit musty smelling but the bathroom was very nice. The stairs were a BIG (no elevator/lift) hassle as I had an overweight suitcase and needed assistance for a very early a.m. departure. I was advised to call the Owner's son in the next morning and he would assist. I called to no avail. After dragging my suitcase down the stairs, past him sitting at the reception, he said sorry but didn't offer to get up and help.

I asked for ice that evening and was pointed to/given directions to the kitchen. The residental freezer on site had no ice, except cubes that I had to break and clean up. After breaking my ice, re-filling the containers, and cleaning up my mess from the water, I headed back to the room. Once upstairs, I realized I had no glasses in my room, so I headed back for the kitchen.

The locks do not have a dead-bolt so the rooms can be opened with a key outside. I guess you really don't need in Cody :)

Overall, a bit over priced and a disappointment but I would consider returning and hope that my visit was unique.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank fromatltony
Reviewed 14 June 2008

If you want a free waffle you won't get it here but you will the best place to stay in Cody. What a wonderful hotel. Quiet, good bed and bath. The owners welcome you like good friends. Want dinner reservations, they'll do it. Want to go to a movie, they'll get you the times. Location is great. Walk to the Irma Hotel, BB museum, great spots to eat. Stay here and you won't be disappointed.

Tim & Debbie Shaffer
Bainbridge Island, Wa

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tshaffer
Reviewed 4 June 2008

When we made a spur-of-the-moment decision to spend two days in Cody, WY, we were lucky enough to find a room in the Chamberlin Inn. Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly by the owner, who even carried our heavy bags upstairs. There is no elevator, but they try to reserve the first floor rooms for guests who have a problem with stairs. The location of the Inn, right in downtown Cody, is walking distance from restaurants and shops.
We have had experience with remodeling an older home, and were quite impressed by the attention to detail in the remodeling of the building, and the decor. The crown moldings and woodwork are perfect, the sheets and pillows were so-o-o comfortable, and we loved the fresh flowers on the table and the chocolates on the pillow.
The same attention to detail is clear in the way they treat their guests. Ev and Susan, the owners, were happy to suggest good local restaurants, and entertainment - even making a reservation for us. Both of them are very happy to talk about the restoration of the Inn.
In addition to free wireless Internet throughout, I appreciated the computer which is available in the Library for guest use. I wish we had had more time to enjoy everything the Chamberlin offered.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2008

What a find! My husband & I stayed here in May for my birthday and it was above and beyond our expectations. The hotel has been beautifully restored and they did a wonderful job of keeping the historic charm but adding modern luxuries (including flat-screen TV's and wireless internet). We have stayed in many "historic" hotels in the past that were absolutely awful - we had absolutely no complaints with this place.

The owners were incredibly welcoming when we arrived - and they had left a bottle of champagne in our room for my birthday! We stayed in the Hemingway room and it was lovely. Beautiful furniture, incredibly comfortable bed, fresh cut flowers. The bathroom was a treat for a "historic" hotel - completely redone with clawfoot tub. Nice fluffy, soft towels. Our room was also very quiet - we never heard any other guests (surprising in an old building).

The hotel is well worth the price if you're looking for a little luxury. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2008

We had a wonderful and relaxing time at this beautifully restored Inn. The accommodations were extremely comfortable and clean. The owners and staff were all very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay and enjoy Cody. The Inn is right downtown close to restaurants, shopping and activities. We will definitely return the next time we are in Cody.

Stayed: May 2006
Reviewed 2 February 2008

My husband and I were there for three nights in August '07 and we absolutely loved it. Upon entering the Inn, you feel like you walked into a different place and time... old world elegance but with modern conveniences we really appreciated such as wi-fi and flat screen TVs. The owners and other people who work there go out of their way to make you feel at home. You can tell a lot of love and great care went into creating not only a lovely boutique hotel, but also a wonderful experience... from the huber-comfortable bed and soft, large towels, to the lovely garden in the back and chocolates on the pillows. It's personal, it's warm, it's unique... a real step up from the motels in the area!! We will be back again!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple