“Great Place to Relax” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Place to Relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We have visited this quaint boutique hotel before and loved it. We were excited by some updates they have made....a sun porch and bar were added. It is very quiet here and the staff is extremely friendly.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Wheeling, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were traveling with our daughter and son in law. Both rooms were very nice. They offered to call ahead to the restaurant to make our reservation. We passed because we did not know when we were going to eat. We should have let them call. Very well done renovation. Would stay there again in a minute.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Randy B
Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I just stayed at the Chamberlin again. I'm a tour guide so I have used the hotel many times. I have taken over 30 clients there, I have yet to have a client not love the place. Some of the rooms are small, but nicely decorated. All rooms are comfortable, and well maintained. The value matches what you find with other top end locations in Cody. In small tourist towns you can not find the same price deals as in big cities. The service is outstanding. The owners are there welcoming you as soon as you step in the door. They have always been happy to provide for any special needs.

Room Tip: While in Cody make sure to check out the Buffalo Bill Museum. If you really are looking to have the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dave G
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We spent 3 nights here and enjoyed our stay. The building and everything about the hotel is beautifully maintained and the staff couldn't be nicer. We particularly enjoyed a very relaxing afternoon sitting out in the garden reading with a glass of wine from the well stocked bar.
When I booked it was quite near the date and I couldn't see availability for our dates on the website so I rang and the lady was extremely helpful and managed to fit us in - I got the impression it was the last room available but actually there were several rooms on the ground floor unoccupied when we were there.
We stayed in room 20, which is quite small by US standards, (this was mentioned when I booked so I wasn't surprised) but very pleasant, with a comfortable bed. I found the shower over the bath quite hard to climb into, but I have a dodgy knee and I should have probably mentioned it when booking. A hand rail of some sort might have been good though. Not much room to move around tho, and access to a fridge would have been handy.
Our main issue with the room was its position over the foyer. Generally guests and reception staff used their "outside" voices at all times and we could clearly hear every detail of any conversation at any time, specially the early check-outs. It woke us up twice which was not fantastic.
Otherwise very nice, a bit odd they don't offer some sort of light breakfast, as they call themselves an Inn, but plenty of places to eat in the town.
We had a fun night at the Cody Rodeo, and enjoyed the Buffalo Bill museum complex, both of which are only a couple of miles, tops from the hotel, which is ideally situated in the centre of Cody, but not at all noisy from the street.
All in all I would recommend to anyone, it is charming with lovely staff, just make sure the room suits your needs.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from reception
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mindyournose
Tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

A fabulous privately owned property run by a family who cares about every guest, which helps make the stay great. They know where the good food is and take care of the reservations.
Would love to spend several weeks in #30 !!

Room Tip: Talk to Kelly !
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Spent one night at the Chamberlin. Great location, just around the corner from dining and shopping. The staff was excellent aware of your needs at all times. Although the rooms are small they are exceptionally clean and well appointed. The whole property is relaxing and fresh. The conservatory patio area is the perfect spot after a day of traveling. Nice bar with a good wine selection. Enjoyed our stay and will be back. The only possible issue is no off street parking.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed at the Chamberlin Inn for five nights and it is simply the nicest hotel I have yet stayed at in the USA. The hotel is in a great location in the center of Cody, is family run, has character and charm aplenty and the first thing you'll notice is the warm welcome. The staff were so helpful.

The hotel is beautifully decorated and furnished throughout and is very peaceful. I had a queen room, which had an incredibly comfortable bed and I slept well every night. Some travellers who are used to the super-sized hotel rooms in generic chain hotels may find some of the rooms a little small but I prefer quality not quantity. The bathroom was very tastefully done out with a small claw-foot tub with shower.

The garden is a wonderful place to sit outside in good weather to enjoy a drink from the well stocked bar.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business