“Charming, Cozy and Comfortable, Loved It!!!”
Review of Chamberlin Inn

and 1 more site!
Chamberlin Inn
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Fountain Valley, California
“Charming, Cozy and Comfortable, Loved It!!!”
Reviewed 7 October 2009

The Chamberlin Inn as others have said really is the only nice place to stay in Cody. We find the Inn, which is right off Main Street, we are immediately greeted by the friendly staff who were prepared for our arrival.
The Chamberlin is charming and quaint, reminiscent of staying in grandma's early 1900 farmhouse. Yet the Inn has been remodeled, but maintains it's charm. No card keys here, we are handed the old medal keys, one for the room and the other for the entrance in case we come in after 9 p.m. when the doors are locked. Our room is located on the second floor, and is fabulous overlooking the garden. On the bed which is covered in silk bedding is a small box, tied with a bow, inside are 4 chocolate truffles from La Blege Chocolatier. The beds are extremely comfortable are made up with organic linens.
The garden is welcoming with tables and chairs scattered about so you can sit and relax, or enjoy a game of croquet on the lawn.
The Innkeepers leave unoccupied rooms open, so you can wander the property checking out the other rooms. As a travel agent I love that, as then I can see the rooms and learn more about the property. Each room is different, and the room in which Ernest Hemingway stayed has been designed to reflect his lifestyle. The Inn offers a library and a computer in which to check e-mails and free wi fi in the rooms as well.
Upstairs there is a comfortable sitting room in which to curl up with the sun streaming through the windows to read a good book. The staff gave great recommendations on places to eat, and were more than happy to make dinner reservations for us. I can't wait to stay again, I highly recommend the Chamberlin Inn, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Kentucky
Reviewed 5 October 2009

We just returned from our 7th "annual trip" to Cody, and our 2nd stay at The Chamberlin Inn. We cannot say enough about the consistency and excellence of the service and facilities. You know, sometimes you're a little hesitant to return to a place for a second time, concerned that you will be disappointed if the experience isn't QUITE what you remembered from the first trip. But that wasn't the case - from the moment that we walked through the door, to be greeted by our names, to finding a floor fan already set up in our room (they remembered from last year that "hot flashes" are now a part of my vocabulary!), owners Ev and Susan Diehl, along with Lisa at the front desk, made us feel like old friends returning for a visit. There is not a better place to stay in Cody. You are within walking distance of restaurants and shops and the Buffalo Bill Historical Center. But being 1 block off the main street also gives you a quiet, peaceful atmosphere. We spent several pleasant evenings sitting out in the garden, enjoying the night air and the lovely surroundings. Obviously, we have stayed at other hotels in Cody in the past, but trust me, we will not stay anywhere else in the future!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Baltimore
Reviewed 6 July 2009

This hotel was a wonderful surprise. Traveled with my parents and wife. Best hotel on entire 10 day trip, and we stayed in several nice ones. Extremely tastefully decorated, with fresh flowers in room, and many nice touches, like chocolates as a welcome gift. Beautiful building, with sun room available to guests, and beautiful courtyard for outside breakfasts (continental). This hotel is as nice as any east coast boutique hotel, and far nicer than most. Location is also a plus, as it is one block from the Irma and all the local Cody bars, stores, and restaurants. For those people that like historical hotels, this is one (Hemingway stayed here), but it doesn't have the typical limitations of a smaller uncomfortable room. If you are staying in Cody anywhere else, you made a mistake. (NOTE: if you need an elevator, this hotel will not work - stairs only!).

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Toms River, NJ
Reviewed 3 July 2009

My husband and I made an overnight trip to Cody and stayed in this fabulous inn! The inn has an interesting history as a guest house and is perfectually located close to the main street and restaurants, but removed a bit from the mix. We had a queen room on the second floor that was very charming and unbelievable clean. Perhaps the cleanest hotel room ever! The front desk reception was warm and willing to help us with dinner reservations. We don't typically care for the interaction at a B&B, but this place has just the right amount of presence without being overwhelming. There is a quiet courtyard in the back garden. Accommodations in Cody are largely budget chains and to avoid them, another option had been the Irma. I knew right away we had made the right choice for us. Loved it.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
wyoming
Reviewed 2 July 2009

This beautiful hotel is in the heart of downtown Cody within walking distance of all of the wonderful shops and boutiques. The staff was incredibly friendly and the rooms were marvelously appointed. The courtyard was extraordinarily peaceful and provided the perfect setting to relax and enjoy a good book. The Chamberlinn is better than a home away from home and we look forward to returning again this fall.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
wyoing
Reviewed 30 June 2009

My Family can not wait until we can experience downtown Cody Wy. again and stay at the Historic and Beautiful Chamberlian Inn. The hospitality was amazing and the professionalism was above our expectation. I highly recommend it if you are anywhere near Yellowstone National Park or Cody Wyoming, this is one place you must take in and you will not be dissappointed( Chamberlian Inn*****).

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 28 June 2009

I had read Tripadvisor reviews of this hotel and was looking forward to my stay at the Chamberlin Inn. However I was extremely disappointed with it. To get to my room I had to lug my heavy suitcases up a steep flight of stairs (no lift) - first problem. The rooms are either king or queen rooms - nothing else is available at the hotel. The room was small without any space to put luggage etc. The bathroom was TINY and one couldn't take anything into it becase of the lack of space. The door of my hotel room had a glass panel above it and during the night a bright light shone into the room from the corridor outside - all night. It meant that during the night the room was so bright that one could see to walk around in the room with no trouble at all. I had trouble sleeping because there was so much light in the room. The curtains in the room were placed immediately over the air conditioner, which meant that if one had the curtains closed and the airconditioner on, the air conditioning fan just blew the cool air into the curtains. The window in the room faced onto the back doors of shops in the main street of Cody - not a good view. For the price of the room I would have expected some sort of breakfast. There was coffee and banana cake for breakfast - not my idea of a good start to the day (I don't drink coffee). There was no parking at this hotel - the hotel said just park in the street, which we did because there was no other option. Value for money the hotel was poor. I don't mind paying a higher price for a good hotel but this hotel wasn't even a standard hotel for the high cost (nearly $200.00). I didn't like this hotel at all. I would definitely stay somewhere else in Cody next time.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank fun2travelCanberra
sddiehl, Owner at Chamberlin Inn, responded to this review, 30 June 2009
I have several comments in this review:
1) Queens and kings are not all we offer. Each unit is unique, with suites, apartments, a cottage, loft, the Courthouse, and studios.
2) We have one easy flight of stairs and staff is always present to assist with luggage.
3) The hotel offers it's own parking in the rear as well as two city lots within 100 feet.
4) Instead of closing the curtains over the A/C, you simply need to pull down the window shade.
5) We pride ourselves in offering immaculate rooms.
6) Our location is in the heart of Cody's Theatre District - 1/2 block off the main street.