“Private and well-equipped”

Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Houston, Texas
“Private and well-equipped”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We had two rooms in the "economy" section- an apparently older one-story building separated from the main lodge. The rooms were great- two large beds in each. The beds were separated by a partial wall and by the bathroom. The arrangement made the room feel relatively private, almost suite-like. A small refrigerator and microwave were included. The accommodations were not luxurious but certainly adequate, comfortable, and, as many have mentioned, extremely clean. Very good value.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Our room was a good size and on the second floor. Be aware that there is no elevator. This was a problem since I was driving cross country with my 2 & 4 year old and got in late. I had to go through my suitcases in the car to get only what I could carry while holding the baby. When I expressed that I didn't know how I could get my stuff and the kids up there, there was no interest to help me. We had a small microwave and refrigerator (no freezer). It was useless since I couldn't carry my cooler upstairs. It is nice and clean with comfortable beds. The sink was outside the toilet/shower area. The breakfast won't win awards but was fine. No hot stuff and seating was limited. A good place to stay, a little on the high side for what you get. I bumped the customer service up to average since they called my cell phone when my son hid it.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank JLE1223
RC
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Fan in bathroom runs constantly which was annoying. No way to shut it off. Staff seemed to be helpful, although when our coffee pot did not work we requested a new one. The staff member who answered the phone told us that housekeeping was not in yet but she would see about getting a new coffee pot, though she could not guarantee it. We never did get a call back or a new coffee pot. Breakfast was okay but nothing special. Could hear people talking in the hallway very clearly. The price per room was high for the quality of service.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy M
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Enjoyed our stay in this cutely-decorated room. Beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Nice pool area and friendly staff. Breakfast nothing special, but definitely good enough to get us on our way. Prices were a bit high, but we were there in high tourism season, so not unexpected. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
NH
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Above the basic motel, our King Room was large and on the second floor. Be aware though, if you are on the second floor, the Inn has no elevator. We had a small microwave and refrigerator, (no freezer in unit, but the staff was nice enough to freeze our ice packs overnight for our cooler). Nice, clean, comfortable bed. The sink was outside the toilet/shower area which I like. Would have loved to have a ceiling fan, and with the tall ceilings in our room it would have been perfect, but the air conditioning worked well. The one real complaint I had with the room was that there were only three lights for the whole large room so it was a little dark in there! The breakfast was not the greatest; the orange and apple juice are not real (out of dispensing machine and the apple tasted almost carbonated), the coffee was atrocious, and the pastries were from Albertson’s across the street and looked it. There were only two choices of cold cereal, Raisin Bran and Fruit Loops, but they did have English muffins and bagels. We did use the laundry, and you are able to buy laundry soap cheap at the desk. You can also get Rodeo tickets there too which is convenient. On the outskirts of town, but since the Town is small, that doesn’t mean much at all. It’s a two minute ride to downtown. All in all a good place to stay, a little on the high side for what you get, but that’s the price you pay for summer in Cody.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel near downtown Cody. You could walk to town if you wanted to. The rooms were large and clean. The a/c units were very loud though. Guest laundry was located next to the pool area which was convienient. Nice continental breakfast, wish they had it open till 10 am though. Downtown Cody had some cute shops. Trolley tour was good. Overall a nice place to visit.

• Stayed July 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stayed here on a family trip. The beds are very large. My 4 and 5 year old shared one and my wife and I had the other. The beds were comfortable. The rooms were good sized and clean. The hotel is on a hill outside of the city center but it was quick 2 minute trip into the town.

Pool was ok. The facility was very well taken care of. The breakfast was very average, but had everything that we needed to start the day.

I would stay again.