“Excellent value for families.”
Review of Cody Legacy Inn

Cody Legacy Inn
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Big, clean, quiet rooms. Loved the wood furniture and decor. Continental breakfast is basic but worked well before a day of sightseeing. Pool was nothing to look at but kids enjoyed it. Good value.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank TravelRuss

Reviewed 11 October 2010

Drove into town, price shopped, legacy inn was ~$40 cheaper than similar quality hotels in town. About a mile from the main strip. Clean rooms. Western theme, but not too overbearing. Standard continental breakfast fare (toast, bagels, cereal, juice) but free coffee/cocoa any time. Very safe, doors open inside unlike most hotels in Cody. Free wireless internet. Comfortable bed.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank kgar28
Reviewed 3 October 2010

I booked online through Expedia, when I signed the check in slip, it was for the rate I had been quoted in Expedia $128, plus tax, not exactly cheap ,when I went to check out they added $7.50. when I asked what it was for the officious woman behind the counter said it was because I booked online. I said where does it say about this charge & she showed me some fine print about cancellation fees of $7.50 if you cancel less than 24 hours before the booking. I pointed out that I had not cancelled & just said she wasn't gonna argue & I could take It up with the owners but they are conveniently out of town. I felt the woman was quite rude and her attitude, was 'too bad'. She assured me the owner would call me to address my complaint but they never did. The Location is also miles from town & the bed had rubishy foam mattresses not worth the $148 US for the one night I ended up paying after their 'hidden' charges. There are plenty of other places to stay in Cody - I'd stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PFraser21
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Booked this lodge through Expedia and it didn't disappoint. Stayed for one night on the way to Yellowstone National Park. Really comfortable rooms, with unique beds, nice touches in the bathroom, except that the fan in the bathroom wouldn't switch off and droned all night. Satisfactory breakfast (usual American continental type, with pastries, cereals, etc). About 5-6 minutes drive to downtown Cody with plenty of places to park and eat (too far to walk). A little expensive compared with other Inns and lodges - but we'd stay there again.

1  Thank MandM559
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Everything from the room, lobby, and front desk was done in very nice rustic wood. The staff was great and the breakfast decent. If we did,t have reservations in Rapid City,S.D. we would have stayed another night.

Reviewed 19 September 2010

The Cody Legacy Inn is just as good as the reviews say. It was spotless, so clean that when I used the restroom in the lobby, I repolished the faucet! The room was large and very clean. They provided 4 plush bath towels and at least 5 wash cloths, The in room coffeepot is a Kierig. (unsure of the spelling). They even gave 6 pods of coffee. The cost to use the washer was only $1.00 unlike most hotels that charge $1.25. I wish we could have stayed another night because it was so relaxing. However, we had to leave for Yellowstone the following day. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Lucky you who gets to stay there. By the way, the ride to Yellowstone takes about 50 min. The scenery is very pretty.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2010

We spent 3 nights at this hotel in early September. I think it was a good value for Cody. The rooms were average size, but the Western style beds made them feel a tad small. I thought the desk staff was OK, but not overly friendly. One woman was somewhat curt with me, but the rest of them were just fine.
The room was VERY clean as were the premises with the exception of the swimming pool which really needed to be vacuumed (the water was clean). As someone else said, there was no shade at the pool so an umbrella or two would have been nice.
The room was SO noisy. I think it has something to do with the construction of the building. We were on the first floor and you could almost feel the people walking in the hallway (even with the air conditioning and TV on). It also didn't help that the door opened directly into the room. Still I'd rather have some noise than a dirty room and this room was immaculate.
The breakfast was basic, but the desk clerks kept it well stocked so it didn't present as chintzy. All in all, it seemed like a very well organized property.
Location was just fine. It is only a couple of minutes by car to the main street. I can't imagine how anyone would be in Cody without a car (unless they were on a bus tour),
so this wasn't an issue.
I also liked the fact that it was non-smoking and non-pet.