“This is NOT your typical trail ride”

Cedar Mountain Trail Rides
Menomonee Falls
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is NOT your typical trail ride”
Reviewed 24 June 2011

My family of four (which includes 2 early teens) went for a one-hour ride, although we originally paid for two hours. We quickly realized that two hours would be too long once we started out on the trail. We expected level ground and a nice meandering trail. Instead, we were taken up the side of a mountain on a very narrow and extremely rock-filled trail. Two of the horses were a little too spirited for the inexperienced riders in our family and I found it disconcerting that a 13-year old girl was our trail guide, although she was very nice. I DID think that she should've given some instructions along the way, but she was pretty quiet and whenever we were concerned about something that was happening, she just said it's ok. This ride is not for the faint of heart because the horses could easily slide down the mountain if they barely stepped off the trail. Maybe we just weren't prepared for a real Wyoming trail ride, but I wouldn't do it again. We were given a partial refund for changing our minds and only doing the one hour. (It was $25 per person per hour).

Visited June 2011
1 Thank Blondie1053

Laguna Beach, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“great experience - fun adventure ride”
Reviewed 12 June 2011

i had a great experience with my ride.....i did the 2 hr ride & we went up into the mountain......they did a great job matching my horse for me...i had a great guy named blue.....i am by no means a pro rider - my experience is only with trail rides when i travel & this ride was a totally new experience for me - i say that cuz it was all up & down steep trails that were on cliffs in the mountains- the trails were very rocky too - i called it a very rugged terrain ....not to scare anyone but this was a definite "E" ticket ride for me LOL....i am used to more flat terrain rides thru woods & fields & streams & wider trails so all the steep trails were very new to me but the good news is cedar mountain did a great ride - beautiful views & always trust ur horse - he will get u thru the ride no worries - its amazing how they have such great grace on these trails............the guide was very attentive & knew i was new to this kind of trail & always made sure i was ok............hmmmm i wonder if it was the look of terror as i was hugging the cliffs LOL - JK - i was very relaxed cuz i knew i had trust in my horse & it was fun !!!!! the only reason i reviewed what kind of trails there were was not to steer anyone away it was to let the beginner rider know what kind of trail it was just in case they have a fear of heights - if u have a fear of heights i wouldnt recommend this ride - maybe the 1 hour ride doesnt go up as far - just my thought......but again thanx blue for keeping me safe :):)

Visited June 2011
2 Thank swannlake
Colchester, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 20 September 2009

These guys know how to show a new rider everything they need to know to ride safely. I took my son there for his first ride and by the time he came down the mountain he wanted to ride all day. CB was very helpful and called us when he had a guide ready to go. This was well worth the money (and a bargain as well).
Can't wait to go back

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“BEST of Cowboy Country!”
Reviewed 18 August 2007

We were absolutely bowled over by the caring and experience of the "cowboys" and "cowgirls" here. And the scenery during the ride was just indescribably beautiful. I have 3 young boys, aged 6 and under - the 6 yr old being a special needs boy. The guide catered to him while making sure that everyone else had a safe and fun ride too. A monumental experience, one that took very special people to do with such ease - an experience we will never ever forget. I just cannot say enough good about this place and its people. We're sure to return again and again.

4 Thank PhyllisNewYork
Richmond, VA area
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome trail rides!”
Reviewed 1 July 2007

On a visit to Cody, we went on a trail ride with this outfit, located just past the Cody Rodeo and only about a mile or so outside of town. The owner and guides were the nicest guys and were first and foremost concerned about safety and choosing the right horses for my son and I. We went on a one hour ride and the guide (Bob) was friendly and told us about the area, riding and was just a great guy! It was a fun experience and the views from the mountain trail were breathtaking. Go see these guys when you're in Cody!

3 Thank antfield