“I'm giving it 4 Stars for Location”
Review of Elk View Inn

Elk View Inn
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Now if this Hotel (this is no resort) was located in Downtown Denver I would be far more critical of the flaws but it is located on top of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains and a good hour and half drive down the mountain from the closest city of any size. Yes there are dead moths, bird poop, and some dirt but what do you expect in the mountains.

My overall impression was good but the rooms are a little dark, the walls are thin, and there is a lack of decent tv stations to watch while it is pouring rain. On the upside there is a pool table, a hot tub, and a decent pool.

The food was good but a limited menu. Expect to spend $10+ per person. The bar had good prices on draft beer (Moose Drool for $3.50 during happy hour/$4.00 the rest of the time). Buying a six pack to take back to the room can get expensive!

If you are planning on four wheeling this is a prime location. They rent four wheelers and if you have your own you don't have to trailer your atv you can leave from the hotel and drive about 2 miles to the trail head. (even if not street legal there are trails running along the highway)If you want to trailer your atv there are lots and lots of great trails to ride on once you spend a couple of days exploring the ones close to the hotel.

The reason you go to a place like this is to enjoy the outdoors and have someplace to sleep and shower after a long and dirty day in the woods. It accomplished both of these requirements!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank CarGuyWy

Reviewed 8 August 2012

I recently made a reservation at Elk View Inn which I then had to cancel. When I tried to cancel, I was told that they had a 14 days cancellation policy and, thus, would charge for the night which I had reserved. I protested, since I had not been informed about this when making the original reservations. They charged my credit card nevertheless. I am currently disputing the charge.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ThomasWyoming
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We recently stayed for two nights. When we arrived there was no sign as to where you go to check inn. There is a building in the front and the lodge in a rear building. We went to the lodge first but it had no check in. When we went into the front door of the lodge there was bird poop all over the deck leading into the entrance. It was disgusting. So we went to the other building and found that is where the check in was. The room was not very clean and there was a burnt out bulb in the bathroom and also burnt out light bulbs in the hallway leading to our room. I don't think we would ever return to this place.

2  Thank BobTMontana
Reviewed 21 July 2012

There aren't many lodging options up in the Big Horns, so this place should be judged by the competition and in view of the remote location. We stayed here July 16, 2012, after leaving early from our reservation at nearby Bear Lodge in disgust (see my review of that property.) These two lodges - about a mile apart - are actually owned by the same people, but they are quite different. The most obvious difference is the staff - at Elk View the staff is attentive, polite, courteous and helpful. The entire facility is quite up-to-date and competitive with motels in more urban settings. The restaurant setting and menu is rewarding (even for vegetarians like us - we were very pleased with the chef's work). My only complaints are that they don't have a guest laundry, and no wifi in the rooms - it is only available in the restaurant. It costs a bit more than Bear Lodge, but it is worth it.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

This is an amazing place! Nice people, nice up to date cabins. Comfortable beds.. This is a great spot for a couples getaway to spend timeint he Big Horns summer or winter.

Room Tip: Take a picnic lunch and head to the streams close by and do some site seeing, moose, deer and elk in...
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We somewhat liked the place but far from worth the price. I wouldn't even write this review but the receptionist, a girl named Franeine seemed a bit coocoo.for cocopops She kept calling my husband Joey and thinking he was hiding something from her. it freaked us out and my husband told her his name and did not understand what the heck she was talking about but she went on to say she will find it in the room!!!!!!! SHE HAS KEYS! We left rather quickly and she called me a (bad word i not allowed to say here) It was so unreal and crazy we couldnt help but laugh although we will never return or recommend the place. they should really screen people better and I understand crazies are people too I wouldn't let them talk to customers like that. I hope she finds what shes lookin for before she scares everyone off or gets punched in the nose for messin with someones man and callin women things she shouldnt ..lol

Room Tip: a room with a inside lock!! LOL
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deedra d
Reviewed 6 February 2012

$120/night is too much for what you get when staying here.
Jacuzzi is 6 person, stand-alone unit, with brown bubbles.
Pool waters soo cold the kids will not use it. The rooms were
clean and kind-of OK.

The bar/restaurant is in a different building than the hotel rooms.
Which is OK but is poor layout for a resort like this.

And, watch out, Wyoming allows smoking everywhere, even where you eat.
If you're not used to this you might be getting your food to go instead of
eating in the restaurant.

Service is pretty bad all around. We waited 20 minutes to be waited on for Breakfast.
Did the buffet instead of waiting longer.

Big Horns are great for Snowmobiling. The 3 lodges are all the same where it's better
than camping but not even 1 star for accomodations. It feels like a $35/night hotel. Sorry
to say....

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty much the same. Nice rooms but Pool/Jacuzzi are bad. The vending machines for so...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ron L

Been to Elk View Inn? Share your experiences!