“BED BUGS”
Review of Bear Lodge Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dayton
Bear Lodge Resort
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We stayed there in middle May 2013. New carpeting, fresh paint. Power went out in snowstorm. I can understand that. Therefore, no heat, lights or water. Can understand that in the mountains. WOKE UP TO BED BUGS IN BED. I had hoped never to experience those in my life time. As others have mentioned in other reviews, the bar smelled of smoke (from people smoking nonstop). Couldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
9  Thank H J M

Reviewed 15 May 2013

We stayed at Bear Lodge a few days ago, and I cannot remember another time where I was treated so well, or had as much fun as I did. We checked in and then took our dog for a walk (yes pets are welcome if you make them known upon reservation). Anyways, took the dog for a beautiful walk and when we returned.....found out that we were upgraded to the Honeymoon Suite! All of the staff that we encountered were helpful and pleasant. We spent the evening in the bar trading stories with staff and I must say that I have not laughed that much in years. Wound up ordering a pizza to take to our room because we were having so much fun we missed the closing of the restaurant. The entire property is obviously being updated and we found it to be clean and functional. The surrounding area is spectacular. Getting back to the restaurant....we did have breakfast in the morning and it was awesome!

Everyone there, from the owners to the chef to the bartender to the maintenance staff.....they ALL made me feel like I was important to them. I cannot express how caring they were. I have read previous posts and can only say what I experienced was top notch service. We have already made plans to go back in a couple weeks to go ATVing.

Looking forward to my next stay.....and I will post what my experience was.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank heidi M
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We have been snowmobiling in Wyoming for the past 15 years,and have stayed in different lodges. Our group can range from 15 to 25 people. Elk View is our favorite lodge of the 3 because rooms are bigger. We always have a great time, some time service is slow but we never let that upset us. My thoughts on the bad reviews are people are to pampered these days.We go to the mountains to the enjoy the scenery which is just awesome. lf you take the time to get to know the staff they are very friendly and down to earth. If some time you think they are rude, it could be from dealing with a lot of rude guests.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are better no steps ,air is thin in the mountains you loose your breath climbing s...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank elgersma1
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I stayed at Bear Lodge on 2-22-2013 with my family for a snowmobile trip. The hotel room was filthy. Stains on the carpet, empty beer cans under the bed, smelly hot tub, and the list goes on. The service in the restaurant was bad and they ran out of water while we were there. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay in Sheridan or pitch a tent!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
18  Thank MMSS406
Reviewed 24 February 2013

For my birthday I wanted to go snowmobile ridding with my friends. So I made my reservation three months early. Reserved a two bed room. Tried to reserve a snowmobile was told no there was nothing going on in February. Called back two weeks before to try to extend my stay. Could not find my reservation. Like some else said in another review I got hung up on three different times when they had no idea what to do. Finally the manger or owner called me back to tell me they found my reservation would extend are stay. That was all that was said she got off the phone fast as possible. The night we showed up the guy acted liked he had no idea where are reservation was. At this point nothing is surprising me. So finally they shipped us off to elk view lodge in a single king size bed. For five people! Good thing we had a air mattress. Oh and the owner told us that night that was someone's reservation was going to be valid in a ten wait so I told her were we were sitting five feet away. She really acted like she could care less but I bereaved her any way. I go back in 30 min asked the man working he had no idea once again what . Said the lady (owner) had went home. Wow what respect to people. Next morning same thing with my snowmobile rental had no idea who I was! But we finally all got are sleds after a hour long rental process. That same day we are on the mountain I guess the owner was calling are wife's trying to figure out we're we where freaking them out. I mean dang really I only talked this person seven different times. She moved are room but I guess she had no idea she did that as well. She told us she would give us a two bed room but I guess she would rather go home then do her job. It's a joke a two year old could do a better job then all the people that work at bear lodge. I have never been treated so rudely by every one that works there. This is the most unorganized place i have ever stayed at in my life. Every one we talked to over the weekend had so story similar to ares. I really don't know how they even keep this place open. The people at elk view are very nice. I highly recommend not staying at BEAR lodge. I will really be surprised to she what kind of messed up charges will end up on my card after talking to other people staying there. I will never never never stay here again!! This lodge is a joke. I really don't think I can say this enough!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
19  Thank Nick T
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I would highly recommend avoiding a trip to this place.... too start off my family is coming to visit me in wyoming so I thought it would be fun to rent some snowmobiles while they where on their visit. I reserved 3 snowmobiles for a half day at $130 a piece ( which is a little steep I should say) coming to a total of $390 plus tax which comes to roughly $410. When you reserve you have to put half down over the phone which would be $205. Later that day I look at my bank account just to make sure and guess what?.... There where two withdrawals one for $205 and one for $250. I then called in to the desk and she said the accidently made a mistake and then went to tell me she voided the $205 and withdrew the $250 instead....... anyone that has basic math skills can figure out that half of $410 is $205 right??? she obviously voided the wrong one. So she then told me she was wrong and she said she would be right back, I look at my phone 3 minutes later and she hung up on me.... So being very upset I decide to wait until the next day to give the manager a call. Well guess what? the next day I look at my account and there is another $205 taken from this damn place. So instead of paying the initial $205 I am now down over $650 in my account and they keep telling me since they voided them it will re appear back in my account in a couple days.... wouldn't you be pissed off if you where missing an extra $450 in your banking acount... Um ok so your telling me I have to go through a couple days with no cash what so ever in my account because I wasn't expecting $650 to be withdrawn and to top it all off I have a truck payment going through the next day which will put me in my overdraft and incur a fee.... they say It's your bank and it's not our problem, that's what they told me. I told them it has to be charged from you before it goes to the bank. How is there 3 withdrawls from my account from bear lodge but somehow my bank is making the mistake but for some reason they are to incompetent to understand anything basic. So with all of these transactions voided and pending I asked the manager since they basically F&$%ked up big time the least they could do is give me a full day of sleading at half day price. What was the answer? No and you can't have a refund on your reserved sleds. So we decided to go anyway just so the money didn't go to waste and I gave them a piece of my mind while I was there.... I highly recommend avoiding this dump not to count rude and inconsiderate...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
22  Thank heavyD21
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Bear Lodge in Wyoming. At first, I was apprehensive after reading the negative reviews but my partner in Wyoming told me that it would be a good place to stay. The service was excellent, staff very friendly & helpful. Quality of the restaurant & the food was excellent & the maid service, very good.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd Floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank GatorlandK9

Been to Bear Lodge Resort? Share your experiences!