“Decent Place to Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Bear Lodge Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dayton
Bear Lodge Resort
West Jordan, Utah
“Decent Place to Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights in June. The surrounding area is a great place to motorcycle or do other outdoor activities. The room was decent and clean. The beds were a little hard but acceptable. Pillows need to be refreshed. Our stay wasn't bad, we did have a few bugs in our room, probably expected when you're in the woods. Not a bad place to stay overall, we had a great time.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Jamestown, North Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

I reserved a room at Bear Lodge Resort in May (2011) and planned to meet friends in the area for our annual motorcycle ride on Bear Tooth Pass. When I called in July to reconfirm my reservation
for the first weekend in August, they had given my room to a large reunion party that was taking place there that same weekend. I ended up staying in a tent.
I won't even look their way when I drive by.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel.
Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Michael A

Travellers are raving about these Dayton hotels

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in late May. Considering all of the negative comments, we were a bit apprehensive about what we would find. We stayed in the so-called Honeymoon Suite, with the jucuzzi and king bed. On the second floor, and the elevator was a great help. The room was spacious, adequately furnished, and very clean (in fact, all the carpet appeared to be new). Lots of plush towels. TV was a bit small, but the satellite worked very well, even when it snowed (yes, it snows in May). Bed and pillows were most comfortable. All in all, it was not luxurious, but clean and comfortable and fair priced for the location. The staff was generally very pleasant and accommodating. After 4 days there, we knew everyone by name and where they were from, if not their life story. The pool was closed for repairs, but we had the jucuzzi in the room, so what the heck. The restaurant has fairly good food, though breakfast is the best. Dinners were good, good selection, but the cook always had trouble with the steaks (either well overdone or way underdone, regardless of how you order it). Ribs and pork chops were also quite good. All in all, considering the location, in the middle of nowhere, it was a good place to eat. We also tried the Elk View Inn down the road for a lunch and a dinner, and it was also good. And these places were never very crowded, maybe 3 or 4 tables used at any time. The bar was very smokey, but after all, you are in Wyoming. Drinks were cheap, but not much selection. The bartender understood the problem and offered us some of the premium stock that she kept out of sight, and that was nice. After 4 days of enjoying the spectacular scenery and the abundant wildlife (moose galore, elk, beaver, deer), and the rustic charm of the lodge, we believe we had a nice time, and plan to return again next year in mid summer.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

We stayed there in middle May 2013. New carpeting, fresh paint. Power went out in snowstorm. I can understand that. Therefore, no heat, lights or water. Can understand that in the mountains. WOKE UP TO BED BUGS IN BED. I had hoped never to experience those in my life time. As others have mentioned in other reviews, the bar smelled of smoke (from people smoking nonstop). Couldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
9 Thank H J M
Gillette, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

We stayed at Bear Lodge a few days ago, and I cannot remember another time where I was treated so well, or had as much fun as I did. We checked in and then took our dog for a walk (yes pets are welcome if you make them known upon reservation). Anyways, took the dog for a beautiful walk and when we returned.....found out that we were upgraded to the Honeymoon Suite! All of the staff that we encountered were helpful and pleasant. We spent the evening in the bar trading stories with staff and I must say that I have not laughed that much in years. Wound up ordering a pizza to take to our room because we were having so much fun we missed the closing of the restaurant. The entire property is obviously being updated and we found it to be clean and functional. The surrounding area is spectacular. Getting back to the restaurant....we did have breakfast in the morning and it was awesome!

Everyone there, from the owners to the chef to the bartender to the maintenance staff.....they ALL made me feel like I was important to them. I cannot express how caring they were. I have read previous posts and can only say what I experienced was top notch service. We have already made plans to go back in a couple weeks to go ATVing.

Looking forward to my next stay.....and I will post what my experience was.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank heidi M
Sanborn, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

We have been snowmobiling in Wyoming for the past 15 years,and have stayed in different lodges. Our group can range from 15 to 25 people. Elk View is our favorite lodge of the 3 because rooms are bigger. We always have a great time, some time service is slow but we never let that upset us. My thoughts on the bad reviews are people are to pampered these days.We go to the mountains to the enjoy the scenery which is just awesome. lf you take the time to get to know the staff they are very friendly and down to earth. If some time you think they are rude, it could be from dealing with a lot of rude guests.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are better no steps ,air is thin in the mountains you loose your breath climbing s...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank elgersma1
Billings, Montana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

I stayed at Bear Lodge on 2-22-2013 with my family for a snowmobile trip. The hotel room was filthy. Stains on the carpet, empty beer cans under the bed, smelly hot tub, and the list goes on. The service in the restaurant was bad and they ran out of water while we were there. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay in Sheridan or pitch a tent!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
18 Thank MMSS406

Been to Bear Lodge Resort? Share your experiences!