“Beautiful location”
Review of Bear Lodge Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dayton
Bear Lodge Resort
Reviewed 12 August 2009

This resort is rustic, located in a beautiful area, and is a great place to travel from for fishing, scenic outlooks, and relaxing on the deck overlooking mountain meadows. Rooms are sparse, but ample, clean, and all fixtures worked well. Food and drinks very good, service relaxed and friendly. This is a place to go to unwind and relax, not for seeking to be entertained by "night life". No cell phone service, but resort wide WiFi available.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 July 2009

We were looking for something different and we found a great place in the Bighorn Mountains. If you like to ride ATV's in the wilderness, take one along, or a snowmobile in the winter. The staff is great. Pat makes the best bloody mary, and Big Mike the best omelet. I can't remember the chef's name, but if you like soup, he makes all his own from scratch--from pumpkin-apple to tomato basil. Hang around the lodge for a day and unwind. We stayed in the motel portion, with large clean comfortable rooms. There are also rustic cabins set back in the woods. This is a great place to go.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wizardofid
Reviewed 26 March 2009

I stayed here over President's Day weekend to do some snowmobiling with 4 other people. We had gotten a room with 2 queens and a single bed.

The Room:
The room had water spots all over the ceiling, was not large enough for 5 people, the bathroom didn't have a decent fan so while people were showering the door had to be open. Two outlets in the room and with 5 snowmobilers it's hard to do. I know this resort hosts alot of 4 wheelers and snowmobilers and often times we usually rough it in the camper behind the resort, but being the camper was full we opted to stay here. After staying one night at Passage, one night in the camper and then moving to Bear, I would have definitely picked one of the first two if I had the chance.

Restaurant:
The food is was overpriced. I know it takes $ to get the food up here, but $12 for a buffet breakfast!

Again, I'm a pretty good rougher, but the hotel definitely needs improvement. It was a warm room and I did have a pillow to put my head on, but this will not be my first choice the next time I head up the mountain.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sdgirl25
Reviewed 16 September 2008

The room at this resort was very clean. That was the best part of the stay. The restaurant was fair for breakfast but that would be pushing it for the dinner we had. The soup was cold, I don't mean lukewarm but cold as was the vegetable of the day. If in this area, I would stay again, as there aren't too many choices but would probably just have a sandwich for dinner.

• Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank hikes
Reviewed 14 August 2008

What a beautiful place to stay. This motel is located in the Bighorn National Forest. The scenery is absolutely gorgeous and the drive to get there is breathtaking. A little slow at check-in, but everyone has an upbeat attitude, perhaps it's the beauty of the area. We stayed in a double room and it was very spacious. Our room was in an interior hallway. Even though we did not utilize the pool, we checked it out. It is indoors so you can swim year round. There is also a do it yourself laundry on site and we washed some clothes while there. The room was very comfortable and quiet. There is even high speed internet. We also ate in the restaurant on-site. Great food and good service. There are cabins, a game room, a gift shop, a lake for fishing and plenty of fresh mountain air. And you will be pleasantly surprised with the prices, much lower than I expected and a very good bargain. I would definately stay again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2008

This place was great. We were in the middle of the mountains and had everything we needed right there. Great food, great bar, great service. The rooms could use a little TLC and had no coffee-makers, phones or hair dryers, but worked fine for laying our sleepy heads. Perfect for snowmobilers and 4-wheelers. Would definitely return!

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Wendie C
Reviewed 21 February 2007

Had a great time here. Found this place by chance just by driving on the scenic route 14a.
Rooms are average. Everything was clean. Thank goodness the food was excellent, only place around to eat!

Snowmobiled ( what else can you do there other than drink?) People were nice.

Great place for a group of guys to get away and do some extreme snowmobiling.

• Stayed: February 2007
2  Thank sjersey

Been to Bear Lodge Resort? Share your experiences!