“Awesome!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dubois
Brooks Lake Lodge and Spa
Fulton
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Me and 3 of my closest girlfriends traveled to Brooks Lake Lodge to Pack out on horses for 2 nights then spend a few nights at the lodge. 1st our pack trip was so well planned by the "crew" at Brooks Lake Lodge. We were treated like royalty, even on the pack trip! The horses were awesome, the scenery was awesome, The food served on the pack trip and at the lodge was way over the top! The chef was top of the line and the wrangler that guided us on our trip was so knowledgable of the area and make the trip superb! Best vacation EVER! We would do it again.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great! The place is just so beautiful, you won't be in the room much becaus...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank jroe5051

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Holte, Denmark
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The journey from Denmark was long but worth it.
We are a family of 5 and we stayed in one of the beautiful cottages.
The week was fantastic. Horseback riding in the mountains and fly fishing in the creeks everyday.
The days on the lodge was relaxing and quickly we learned to look forward to the dinner in the evening.
The three dinner menu was excellent and the chef was amazing.
After dinner we relaxed in the bar with some activities.
The whole staff was very friendly and all around it was a fantastic trip.

1 Thank Anders H
London
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We visited Brooks Lake in July 2012 from the UK. The location is UNBELIEVABLE. Total wilderness and set in just the most beautiful spot imaginable overlooking a lake. Our room was wonderful - nicely furnished, cosy and clean. We had our two young children with us (four and one) and they adored the place. The staff are fantastically friendly and kind and go out of their way to help. We did horseback riding, kayaking, photography. I have seen two reviews which were written before the chef changed. The new chef is fantastic. The food is wonderful and plentiful. I am a difficult eater (no seafood and only chicken) and she was completely happy to tailor a meal for me. Adam is a fantastic host and very well informed and happy to help us with planning a day trip to Yellowstone. The children joined in the childrens activities and had a great time. We travel a huge amount and this will go down in our family history as a very special and memorable trip. Cannot recommend it enough.

2 Thank KatieQuinn
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Our family chose Brooks Lake Lodge without knowing anyone that had every experienced it. Our children ranged from ages 4,6,8,10. It was the best vacation we have ever taken. From the moment you step foot on the property you are immediately taken care of. Adam, the manager showed us to our room. We stayed in one of the lodges two family cabins. It was comfortable, clean. and had plenty of room for all six of us ( and a set of grandparents). We immediately went to dinner where everyone was anxious to meet us and help us sign up for the activities for the following day. The food was outstanding. Antonia the head chef never disappointed us- not even my picky children. She managed to have a magic stash of just the right food to fit their needs if they didn't like what was on the menu. In fact, our 6 year old went on and on to her friends back home about how great the food was! My four year old utilized the Kids Coordinator - Megan - which she ended loving so much that she could have cared less being with the rest of the family. My children went fly fishing, rode horses, did archery. They had the opportunity to hike and canoe but never chose those options. The never asked about tvs or their video games. My husband did his activities and I was able to enjoy a massage and a photography lesson. There is something for everyone to do here - for all ages.
While we stayed there - there were a few families with teenage children and looked to be having a lot of fun as well. In between activities we had out meals, visited with the other families and staff, or played foosball or shuffleboard in the lodge's main hall. My family had more fun that if we had been to Disney World. My 6 year old cried as we left to travel home and my boys are already asking when we are headed back.
I couldn't imagine a place that is as nice but laid back and comfortable as Brooks Lake Lodge. The staff was like no other. Adam and his wife, Julia, Drake, our Wrangler for our stay, Clay, our waiter, along with Antonia and Megan made our trip so special and fun. By the end of the trip they felt like family.
The lodge has capacity for 36 people and has rooms attached to the main lodge or private cabins of different sizes. There is no tv and basically no cell service. There was wireless on the property.
Finally, I have to mention that the setting of this lodge is absolutely beautiful. To walk out of the front doors and have a spectacular view of the mountains, the lake and the rolling hills never got old. I am as anxious as our children to return again!

3 Thank Susie1122
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I first visited Brooks Lake Lodge as a lunch stop during a long day of snowmobiling. I was completely enthralled by the natural beauty of the setting as well as the lodge itself. I decided then and there that I would bring my family back to this wonderful place. I have made many return trips since that first trip in 1997, and it just seems to get better and better. The staff are very attentive to your needs. The lodge rooms are comfortable and cozy. There are cabins as well, but we have never stayed in them. There are so many activities - snowmobiling, ice fishing, dog sledding, and of course, the spa. But the most memorable moments are the simple ones - relaxing around the fireplace, sitting in front of the large windows admiring the view, and enjoying the fantastic meals with friends and family in the majestic Dining Hall. It is truly an unforgettable place.

Room Tip: If you want a really special treat, ask for the Sheep Suite.
1 Thank Raymond C
Andalusia, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Incredible location with breathtaking views in every direction. A staff that is energetic and dedicated to making your stay as memorable as possible. Food prepared and presented to perfection. It seemed as though nature and lodge conspired to make this a "best ever" vacation of a lifetime. We stayed in the winter and the snow and mountains with roaring fires in the fireplaces will forever be etched in my memory.

1 Thank Ab S
Andalusia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have never felt so welcome and so at home at any property which I have visited as I do when I stay at Brooks Lake Lodge! Adam, Julia, Donna, and everyone who are there to make your stay the most wonderful vacation you have ever experienced, are truly the most capable and friendly staff I have ever been treated by. Yes, I said 'treat', because it is a wonderful treat to visit Brooks Lake Lodge and Spa! The accomodations are idyllic, the food is sumptious, the chefs are excellent, the service is fantastic, the guides are top notch, the spa crew are always exceptional. The spa experience is marvelous with the large hot tub, the wonderfully welcoming great room and fireplace, the work out area, the sauna, and the separate and spacious mens and ladies shower/dressing room. The massages are so wonderful and so relaxing! The guides are exceedingly capable and well trained and well mannered. The lodge has all the gear that you need for whatever it is that you want to do while visiting and the gear is always well maintained. The whole property is always well maintained. I mentioned the lodge, the cabin experience is a wonderful experience as well. Cabins are well maintained and located close to the lodge so that your walk to meals or the the spa is a short one. We love staying at Brooks Lake Lodge and return every year. We have been visiting this one of a kind place for the last six or seven years and we have friends who have been visiting every year for 15 years! Once you've experienced Brooks Lake Lodge, you WILL return again!

Room Tip: Just tell Donna or Julia what you like and they will match you to a room or Cabin
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dubois
Twin Pines Lodge And Cabins
#6 of 9 in Dubois
Togwotee Mountain Lodge
Luton's Teton Cabins
Heart Six Guest Ranch

Been to Brooks Lake Lodge and Spa? Share your experiences!