“Absolutely Awesome!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dubois
Brooks Lake Lodge and Spa
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We just spent three nights at Brooks Lake Lodge and definitely didn't want to leave. The first sight of the lodge is like a picture from a book with towering mountains and The Pinnacles, pine trees and lakes & ponds. Inside is a lodge like no other with great guest rooms, magnificant "living rooms" with huge stone fireplaces, and a spa to rival the best in the world. The views from the glorious hot tub were amazing. The food was truly special and it was a joy to anticipate meal time. Antonia is a fantastic chef. The activities are wonderful. We loved the horseback riding, archery lessons, fly fishing and more riding. The icing on the cake was seeing the momma grizzly and her 2 cubs grazing in front of the spa. It was quiet in September and getting to know the staff was so nice. They are what helped make the place so memorable. They made the stay absolutely perfect. We hope we'll be able to take our kids and grandkids there too soon.

Room Tip: Each room is a little different and has a name (Moose, Elk, Bear etc.) Check the website for the on...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CKmedtech

Reviewed 19 September 2012

My husband & I just spent 3 nights at BLL. (Sept 9-11) It was an awesome place. We were 2 of 8 guests at the lodge. The setting is so beautiful, peaceful, and quiet. All the staff was so nice and accommodating. The food was wonderful and plentiful. You have a choice of 2 activities per day, 3 full meals, afternoon tea, use of the lodge living areas, spa with a great hot tub, and a nice bar for evening socialization. My husband, who was very skeptical about visiting a "dude ranch", totally enjoyed himself. He is a non-rider, and was paired with a nice quiet horse, which allowed him to relax on the trails. (the hot tub was great for sore muscles) Mama Grizz and her 2 cubs stopped by for a visit one morning. We were so lucky to have seen them. We also saw a HUGE bull elk out on the trail. I left missing BLL and the new friends we made while staying there. Hopefully I can go back one day.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sally S
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Me and 3 of my closest girlfriends traveled to Brooks Lake Lodge to Pack out on horses for 2 nights then spend a few nights at the lodge. 1st our pack trip was so well planned by the "crew" at Brooks Lake Lodge. We were treated like royalty, even on the pack trip! The horses were awesome, the scenery was awesome, The food served on the pack trip and at the lodge was way over the top! The chef was top of the line and the wrangler that guided us on our trip was so knowledgable of the area and make the trip superb! Best vacation EVER! We would do it again.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great! The place is just so beautiful, you won't be in the room much becaus...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jroe5051
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The journey from Denmark was long but worth it.
We are a family of 5 and we stayed in one of the beautiful cottages.
The week was fantastic. Horseback riding in the mountains and fly fishing in the creeks everyday.
The days on the lodge was relaxing and quickly we learned to look forward to the dinner in the evening.
The three dinner menu was excellent and the chef was amazing.
After dinner we relaxed in the bar with some activities.
The whole staff was very friendly and all around it was a fantastic trip.

1  Thank Anders H
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We visited Brooks Lake in July 2012 from the UK. The location is UNBELIEVABLE. Total wilderness and set in just the most beautiful spot imaginable overlooking a lake. Our room was wonderful - nicely furnished, cosy and clean. We had our two young children with us (four and one) and they adored the place. The staff are fantastically friendly and kind and go out of their way to help. We did horseback riding, kayaking, photography. I have seen two reviews which were written before the chef changed. The new chef is fantastic. The food is wonderful and plentiful. I am a difficult eater (no seafood and only chicken) and she was completely happy to tailor a meal for me. Adam is a fantastic host and very well informed and happy to help us with planning a day trip to Yellowstone. The children joined in the childrens activities and had a great time. We travel a huge amount and this will go down in our family history as a very special and memorable trip. Cannot recommend it enough.

2  Thank KatieQuinn
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Our family chose Brooks Lake Lodge without knowing anyone that had every experienced it. Our children ranged from ages 4,6,8,10. It was the best vacation we have ever taken. From the moment you step foot on the property you are immediately taken care of. Adam, the manager showed us to our room. We stayed in one of the lodges two family cabins. It was comfortable, clean. and had plenty of room for all six of us ( and a set of grandparents). We immediately went to dinner where everyone was anxious to meet us and help us sign up for the activities for the following day. The food was outstanding. Antonia the head chef never disappointed us- not even my picky children. She managed to have a magic stash of just the right food to fit their needs if they didn't like what was on the menu. In fact, our 6 year old went on and on to her friends back home about how great the food was! My four year old utilized the Kids Coordinator - Megan - which she ended loving so much that she could have cared less being with the rest of the family. My children went fly fishing, rode horses, did archery. They had the opportunity to hike and canoe but never chose those options. The never asked about tvs or their video games. My husband did his activities and I was able to enjoy a massage and a photography lesson. There is something for everyone to do here - for all ages.
While we stayed there - there were a few families with teenage children and looked to be having a lot of fun as well. In between activities we had out meals, visited with the other families and staff, or played foosball or shuffleboard in the lodge's main hall. My family had more fun that if we had been to Disney World. My 6 year old cried as we left to travel home and my boys are already asking when we are headed back.
I couldn't imagine a place that is as nice but laid back and comfortable as Brooks Lake Lodge. The staff was like no other. Adam and his wife, Julia, Drake, our Wrangler for our stay, Clay, our waiter, along with Antonia and Megan made our trip so special and fun. By the end of the trip they felt like family.
The lodge has capacity for 36 people and has rooms attached to the main lodge or private cabins of different sizes. There is no tv and basically no cell service. There was wireless on the property.
Finally, I have to mention that the setting of this lodge is absolutely beautiful. To walk out of the front doors and have a spectacular view of the mountains, the lake and the rolling hills never got old. I am as anxious as our children to return again!

3  Thank Susie1122
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I first visited Brooks Lake Lodge as a lunch stop during a long day of snowmobiling. I was completely enthralled by the natural beauty of the setting as well as the lodge itself. I decided then and there that I would bring my family back to this wonderful place. I have made many return trips since that first trip in 1997, and it just seems to get better and better. The staff are very attentive to your needs. The lodge rooms are comfortable and cozy. There are cabins as well, but we have never stayed in them. There are so many activities - snowmobiling, ice fishing, dog sledding, and of course, the spa. But the most memorable moments are the simple ones - relaxing around the fireplace, sitting in front of the large windows admiring the view, and enjoying the fantastic meals with friends and family in the majestic Dining Hall. It is truly an unforgettable place.

Room Tip: If you want a really special treat, ask for the Sheep Suite.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Raymond C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dubois
Togwotee Mountain Lodge
The Longhorn Ranch Lodge & RV Resort
Branding Iron Inn
Branding Iron Inn
#2 of 3 in Dubois

Been to Brooks Lake Lodge and Spa? Share your experiences!