“This place is great!”

Giant Jackalope Exxon Country Store
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Dubois
More attraction details
Owner description: World's Largest Jackalope Exhibit. Learn about this infamous creature's history in our picture gallery. See hundreds of jackalope items collected over 15 years. For a great free souvenir, take your picture on our furry, horse-sized jackalope. The exhibit is free. Open 7 days, 7am-9pm.
Reviewed 1 February 2013

No, this place isn't Disney World, but if you were looking for that you wouldn't be in Wyoming. We were driving from Yellowstone to Denver and just to kill some time we stopped. It's a fun place nothing fancy, but if you are looking for T-shirts that your friends don't have (some with local political statements) or just tourist kitsch, this is the place to stop. The ice cream was great, there must be 200 kinds of different homemade chocolate candies. Jackalopes everywhere, and one just the right size to get a picture of your wife riding on!

Seriously though, we were looking to buy a map, and Kathie and Betty asked us what we wanted to know. They pulled out there own map, and gave us directions to where we needed to go. Good people, clean place, lots of great candy and chocolate, what more could you ask for in Dubois, WY? It really is worth a stop.

1  Thank Man_from_Dola

Reviewed 14 January 2013

We NEVER EVER travel through Dubois, Wyoming without stopping at the Giant Jackalope Exxon. You are in for a treat! Their collection of Jackalopes will make you smile. They have clean restrooms, delicious ice cream, and homemade chocolates among other things. Recently we stopped there on our way across Wyoming. I bought a cup of coffee and enjoyed looking at the fun things in the gift shop. We left and were almost to Shoshone when I realized I was missing my purse. OH NO! I remembered putting it on the hook in the ladies' restroom. I called. They found it! We drove back 40 miles where my purse had been rescued safe and sound. They would not take a reward. I love stopping at this wonderful store and will continue to do so! I also appreciate the wonderful staff who rescued my purse!!!

Reviewed 6 January 2013

This is a landmark in Dubois, and makes the perfect stop between points east and Jackson, before you drive over the pass. Corny, tacky, call it what you will--the store sells great ice cream and snacks and the jackalope legend lives on!

Reviewed 27 December 2012

This is a fun little shop, nothing fancy. We stop and take pictures with the "giant jackalope" inside the shop for fun. Its a little touristy, but a fun stop none the less.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

There are just not many bathrooms between Casper and Jackson so it was nice to find one here. The jackalope was fun to take pictures on and the service was very friendly.

Been to Giant Jackalope Exxon Country Store? Share your experiences!