“Fun, Quirky Stop”

Giant Jackalope Exxon Country Store
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Dubois
More attraction details
Owner description: World's Largest Jackalope Exhibit. Learn about this infamous creature's history in our picture gallery. See hundreds of jackalope items collected over 15 years. For a great free souvenir, take your picture on our furry, horse-sized jackalope. The exhibit is free. Open 7 days, 7am-9pm.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I found this shop on the website RoadsideAmerica.com and decided I needed to stop in. It is in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere, but luckily it was on the way to the burial site of Sacajawea, which was my destination.

This is a great little souvenir/minimart/gas station. You can find everything from magnets to buffalo jerky to the giant Jackapole you can sit on and take a picture. And the usual minimart drinks and snacks too.

Stop in if you find yourself near Dubois, Wyoming. You'll be glad you did.

There are newer reviews for Giant Jackalope Exxon Country Store

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We've been driving for 2 days, gas stations and pit stops along the way, this stop is a breath of fresh air!!! It has your standard snacks along with homemade ice cream with unique and delicious flavors, funny and entertaining souvenirs, local syrups, jellies, baking goods as well as homemade chocolates and fudge! We stopped for gas but found this shop so refreshing from the standard, we ended up spending a good 30-45 min! Of course before heading on our way we snapped a few pics of the world's largest Jackalope!!!

1  Thank Vid14
Reviewed 24 August 2013

When you drive by this thing you just start laughing. The next thing you do is park the car so you can get a photo sitting on this thing. - I'm sure Jeff Foxworthy has a collection of photos of his whole family on one wall.

1  Thank William B
Reviewed 14 August 2013

There is not a lot to do in Dubois, so when I saw the giant Jackalope outside the store, I made my husband stop. When we went inside, I found another one in the gift shop. If you sit on them, you get a little card saying, "I rode the Giant Jackalope". They had a cute little gift shop and lots of different candies and snacks. Also, its not advertised, but in the back freezer area, there are containers of homemade ice cream in all sorts of unusual and yummy flavors! It became our daily stop whenever we went into town.

1  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stop here every time we go through Dubois. Friendly staff, clean restrooms and yummy treats!! The jackalope is a classic Wyoming icon. There isn't any indoor seating, it's a great spot for a quick fun photo.

1  Thank diobri

Been to Giant Jackalope Exxon Country Store? Share your experiences!