“Wilderness Lodge”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dubois
Crooked Creek Guest Ranch
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed with a friend nearby and four-wheeled or drove to the lodge twice for meals. The food was good and the prices were reasonable. I have snowmobiled the region from two other lodges, and plan to try Crooked Creek this year. I'm familiar with the area, and after reading a few negative reviews I wanted to add a little helpful information.

This lodge is one of a handful covering a large wilderness area. In a place like this it's lucky to even have a lodge. It is probably the premier snowmobiling area in the US, with 50-100 miles of trails in most directions, and usually lots of powder. This area is very remote, but the county road is well-plowed in the winter. The largest group of glaciers in the lower 48 is about 30 miles south and is a premier backpacking destination, Tetons are to the west and Yellowstone just north. Having stayed in a number of lodges in this region, Crooked Creek is probably one of the most developed. If you're looking for a hotel with city standards in the forest, go to Jackson Hole with the tourists. If you're looking for a rustic wilderness experience, go here. Sounds like they need to change their linens more often, probably a complaint routine for most lodges in the area, guess I may have to use my towel more than once.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Loved this place. The staff went out of their way to help us out.
Negative reviewers, come on this is not a 5 star hotel, it's a guest ranch. As such, I found it just right.
The cabin was nice, food excellent, and the friendly staff made it a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank DJ1045
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My wife & I decided to take a late summer vacation and looking at the website thought Crooked Creek would be the ideal place.....WRONG! We arrived by 9:00 a.m. & found the office closed and had to go to the Lodge for help. Our cabin was just a bed, nothing else! No screens on the windows, wanted some mountain air but all we got were bugs & moths. The toilet leaked as well & no one did any housekeeping all week. Needless to say we will NOT be going back to Crooked Creek until there is a major change. The food was also very poor, flies everywhere!! Please someone take charge & make Crooked Creek a pleasurable place to vacation.

Room Tip: when looking for a room even for two choose a 2 story
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2013

So I stayed there for a week, and I must admit it was one of the best places I've been to in my life. And that must say something, considering I'm from Luxembourg (Europe), and have seen quite a few places so far. The staff is very welcoming and makes you feel at ease instantly! Beautiful and landscapes and quiet nature greet you every morning as soon as you get out of bed. I'd recommend staying in a cabin, because the view is just amazing. The kitchen staff really cooks excellent food. So for all of you that want to stay somewhere beautiful to just relax, or go on quite a few adventures, Crooked Creek is the place for you. You can go explore the mountains either by foot or horseback riding! I you want further information just check out their website or facebook page!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

We have been coming up for the last 10 years now and never get tired of it. The cabins, the scenery, the staff is great! and if you love riding, of any sort, horse, atv, snowmobiling, or just the family car, you won't be disappointed!! Leah and her staff are great and very helpful! We keep brining more nature lovers each year and never want to go home!! Highly Recommend!!

Becky, Rhonda and Nebraska Crew!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I am sad to share that the expectations were high and the satisfaction was substandard. The condition in the rooms last June were not clean. The food was cold, stingy and our group was way overcharged. We are so disappointment and will never recommend using this facility to our State Colleagues, professional affiliations, friends, or non-profit groups.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south-side are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
antlerhunter, General Manager at Crooked Creek Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Teresa,
I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us here at Crooked Creek Guest Ranch. Although we put forth our greatest effort, I am disappointed we did not meet your standards. Your input is greatly appreciated as we are continually striving to improve our facilities and quality of service. I hope you choose to visit us again, as we have made MUCH progress since your event last June.

Leah Carlson

Reviewed 17 March 2013

We just returned from 3 days of spring snowmobile riding and found the facility, staff and rental sleds to be excellent and well maintained. Hats off to our guide Nick and facility manager Leah. Leah, you run a great operation and made us feel like family.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Mike,
Thank you for your kind words! We had so much fun getting to know you and your crew. I can't express how much we value your positive review. I hope you can visit us again soon!

Take care,