“Super Sledding with a Luxury finish”
Review of Triangle C Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dubois
Triangle C Ranch
Reviewed 13 December 2010

We found this place thru some friends that live in the area, I guess they are normally a dude ranch in the summertime. This is the first year they are back in the winter business. Our cabins were topnotch, way nicer than we are used to staying in for snowmobile lodging. The rooms were really comfortable, you ride your snowmobile around the property , to and from the main lodge where meals are served, and there is also a bar there.
The meals were really tasty and hearty.. we had delicious biscuits and gravy one morning and Steak with all the fixings for dinner.
The whole staff was really friendly and helpful. We liked that This ranch has easy access to the continental divide system of trails.
One of the things we liked was there is a nice sled hill for the kids and you really felt a homelike atmosphere in the main lodge . Some other places we have stayed are definately more like a hotel or a big party place. We really enjoyed our stay and will bring our friends back before winter is over . Thanks!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 August 2010

The Triangle C Ranch is an beautiful property that is family run and it shows. This is a warm, happy place with fabulous staff that look after you from the minute you arrive until the day you leave. My daughters and I rode every day, went to a local square dance, rodeo, fished and visited Yellowstone. We felt as if we were staying with family. All the guest were very friendly and we met people from all over the world.
The chef Antonia is wonderful and we were very well fed! Her fried chicken was especially amazing. The ranch dog is friendly, sweet and adorable, the horses very well kept and there is even a baby animal petting zoo!
The Triangle C is located in one of the most beautiful, majestic settings I have ever seen. The mountain ranges are visible from the ranch and the rides. I recommend an all day ride where you can see 4 ranges from your lunch spot! I can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank Di4040
Reviewed 11 July 2010

Having spent months trying to decide where to take our holiday, We selected Triangle C.
It is a truly awe inspiring place a garden of Eden in a wilderness. Trying to cater for our family group is always challenging. The Staff at Triangle C could not be more helpful in catering for our every need. The food was a delicious mix of western home cooking with a healthy twist. There was not one member of staff that did not greet us with a smile and "Howdy". We cannot recommend this ranch highly enough. We travelled from London to experience the west and having arrive tired and weary we were not disappointed with our trip of a life time. The kids in our group will take away a memory that will be with them for their life. The Adults were able to experience the western hospitality while their children were well catered for and looked after by the ranch staff. different members of our group rode or just hung out round the pool. There was something for everyone. A MUST visit location. Even the extra activities like a days trip to Yellowstone was well planned and catered.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2010

Wonderful, friendly staff who bent over backwards to accomodate any of our needs. Beautiful scenery, excellent horses, fun and challenging trails. 3 huge, tasty meals daily, several served outside. All of the kids kept busy and happy, so many activities for them. I saw the comment about the dog bite, and the only thing I can say is that although he was never overly affectionate toward me, he loved my husband and constantly licked his face, nor did I or my son ever feel uncomfortable around him. You can read other comments to get more details on activities for the week, but suffice it to say we are already plotting our return visit for next year, we were 100% satisfied.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2010

This is a beautiful ranch with a great staff and good horses. It is especially great for kids.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2010

I had booked this trip as a way for our family to re-connect and for my husband and I to be able to enjoy some time to ourselves while our kids were having fun in a safe place. In many respects, the Triangle C provided that. However, there were some significant issues.

The most dramatic issue occurred within hours of our arrival. My daughter (5) was bitten in the face by the cook's dog. They apologized and we were able to stop the bleeding fairly quickly, but she looked liked she had taken a punch to the face for days. The staff apologized, and the dog was sequestered to the cook's cabin. I was determined to make it a great week, so we went on about our week and made the best of things. Much to our surprise, once things died down after a day or two, the dog was back wandering the grounds unattended! At the end of the trip we requested and received copies of the dog's immunization records, but were NEVER OFFERED ANY COMPENSATION (monetary or otherwise) for the incident. When I pointed out to one of the family members that the dog was roaming freely around the ranch, she stated she wasn't aware of that and that she believed the dog was locked up away from people. Interesting how we often saw him wandering the grounds but she apparently did not... Very poor business practices. One would think that protecting yourself from liability of another incident would have been enough for them to do something, even if they didn't care about us, but perhaps not.

I also saw another incident of recklessness by one of the family members who was working as a wrangler. My daughter was required to ride with a wrangler on trail rides because she was young. This family member thought it would be funny to take her on his horse through a deep hole in the river - she was soaked and scared. He just said 'hold on tight' and off they went. I watched from across the bank - not able to do anything. Thankfully she held on, but if she had lost her grip it would have been disastrous.

We were promised many trails for hiking. When I asked where they were, I was told that we could hike any of the horse trails! My response to that is that would be fine if I had a pair of hip waders - the horse trails were muddy and often crossed the river which runs through the property - not something most people would tackle on foot. In reality, if you want a real hike - you'll have to drive somewhere else to get it - the finally admitted that.

The cabin was adequate, but needed cleaning, esp. the mildewed shower curtain. We had to share with another family. We booked a cabin to ourselves, but they moved another family in with us (separated by locked doors) without asking or notifying or compensating us in any way for that. We had enough room, so I didn't fuss about it, but I didn't enjoy listening to the Mom yell at her kids any more than she probably enjoyed listening to us and our kids.

I also had a strong dislike for the 'suggested' tip amounts at the end - it reminded me of a bad Carnival Cruise I took many years ago...

I must say that overall service and food was very good, but I definitely agree with the other comments that the 'hired help' was treated differently. It was very clear who was a part of the family and who was not. That said, the 'hired help' was wonderful to us.

Overall - I would say that the ranch has wonderful potential - it's in a pretty part of the country. The nearby town of Dubois has a real western feel and some charm to it. We just found it to be a lot of money spent on something that we left feeling slighted. Doesn't a dog bite to the face and a dirty cabin (no longer private) warrant something?? We thought so....

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
6  Thank msp_traveler68
trianglecranch, Manager at Triangle C Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

We were very sorry to hear what happened to this traveler's daughter and want to inform everyone that the chef who who owned the dog is no longer on the ranch and currently don't have any employees with pets.

Reviewed 24 June 2010

We are very grateful to everyone at the Triangle C Ranch for making our vacation such an incredible one. The reviews below are very comprehensive, so I will only add my list of favorite memories: watching my children (almost 8 years and 5) laugh while.. playing volleyball with the staff, riding gentle horses through rivers and up beautiful ridges while viewing the abundant wildlife, watching the head wrangler ride a bucking pony at the Dubois rodeo, at the singalong, making s'mores, shooting bows and arrows, feeding the piglets, studying horsemanship, I could go on and on. A perfect vacation for children - and also for adults. I reveled in the ability to spend time with them in such a magical setting, but also to put my feet up while they ran around to the many offered activities. The people (Garnicks and staff) are wonderful. We will be returning each summer.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family