“food in warming bin all day”
Review of Hunan Garden - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hunan Garden
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The past 2 times I have gotten take out, the fried rice was hard and dried out. I ordered pork in hot sauce that had very little pork. What was in it was hard and tough. Not worth the $. Had to throw it out. Tried the same dish both times hoping 1st time just a bad night but 2nd time just as dried out, overcooked and with scant amount of meat. Never many people in restaurant. I don't know how they can stay in business. The previous owner had fresh cooked veggies every day, nothing was pre-cooked. Miss her.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

We went here based on TA recommendations and were not disappointed. The combination plates are large and can be shared. The lo mein was the tastiest I've ever had. Sesame chicken was delicious and my boys liked the sweet and sour chicken. I didn't like the ham fried rice so would either get steamed or just plain next time. Ham seemed like lunch meat (bologna) and not to my taste. Inside is little run down, but food is worth it if you can deal with it. We come through Evanston a lot on our way to visit relatives in Boise and will definitely come back.

1  Thank Kimeree
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

We ate here on our way to Fossil Butte and we chose this place based on TA reviews... Restaurant is nothing fancy but food was good and portions were huge .. We all ordered dinner combination plates and we definitely could have shared a plate between 2 people... It was soooo much food! Sesame chicken was very good ... Reasonable prices and fast service.

1  Thank wiggygailTX
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Didn't quite know what to expect because the restaurant appears to be more for a buffet, that had quite a few people enjoying their meals, but the take out was excellent!! Great value, the portion was huge, hot, and very fresh and nicely prepared!!

1  Thank puresynergy
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I work in Evanston once a year. I work near here and go for lunch. It has always been really good! I have had sweet and sour chicken and shrimp lo mein. This time I asked to make the lo mein spicy and it was perfect! I got take out and it was ready in 6 min.

1  Thank Elephantabb