“Good And Average”

Ranked #8 of 45 Restaurants in Evanston
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: A friendly steakhouse that caters to both family, contemporary adults, kids, & seniors. Exciting appetizers like Bacon Knots. Ours steaks are sourced locally from Utah & seasoned to perfection. We offer our Signature Chicken Fried Steaks in BEEF, CHICKEN, or PORK and are made in house, NOT FROZEN. Great desserts specials, like our Rocky Mountain Brownie, Strawberry Shortcake Two Ways, Southern Comfort Peach Cobbler & Maple Bourbon Bacon Ice Cream. Full service professional bartender, with full dinner service at the bar. Our fresh squeezed Lemonades & Limeades are made as they are ordered & offered with FRESH MINT. We are a family owned & run restaurant & we'd like to invite you to come join us for dinner.
Winnipeg
“Good And Average”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The decor is dated and not very applicable to a very good steak house. Good sized parking lot. The bar crowd are quite boisterous and tend to dominate the amibient noise. Not the best.

Service is very good, attentive and well paced. Food quality is above average but the presentation is not up to par. Our steaks were perfectly prepared and the baked potato was superb.

A lot of locals appear to eat here which is good sign.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank trafdlo

Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Have the steak”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I was traveling on business and TC's was right next door to the hotel I was staying in.. After a long flight and drive it was great to find a good restaurant right next to the hotel.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Clarencedb
Heber City, Utah
“Diamond in the rough!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We were on a day trip to check out some fall colors and ended up driving from Utah to Evanston Wyoming. We were hungry and wanted something nice, sit down and tasty. We noticed lots of cars in the parking lot (always a good sign). There was a restaurant down the street we considered but there was NO ONE in the parking lot with a flashing open sign (red flag for me). TC's was a refreshing surprise. The Chicken Cordon Bleu was yummy, the clam chowder was tasty, the salad was free of cheap iceburg lettuce but included tomato and carrots YUM!, The pork chops I had were tender and tasty. We enjoyed a brownie sundae together which hit the spot. It is a little pricey, but I didn't feel robbed either! The decor is a little outdated, but the food was fast and tasty! We will come back the next time we are in this neck of the woods!

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Adraval
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
“This is the best in Evanston?”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

After reading all of the previous reviews all I can say is I sure wish I had visited on the same nights most of these other folks did. My experience here was far from good.
First off, we had to wait for over ten minutes to be seated. The place wasn't busy, I counted eleven patrons and six energy workers sitting at the bar, and there were four waitresses, but no host/hostess. The place was far from full, in fact, two sections were completely closed off. All four of the waitresses saw us standing there waiting to be seated, yet none of them made an effort to accommodate us. I watched two of them stand next to the bar and chat while we stood in the entry next to the sign asking patrons to please wait to be seated. The only reason we went here in the first place was because we were told by a girl at a gas station it was the best place in Evanston. Finally a waitress came over and seated us - right next to the bar where we had to endure to drunken laughter and idiotic musings of the drunk energy workers. Note: the horseshoe shaped bar is only separated from the rest of the restaurant by a half-wall, unfortunately.
After another 10 minutes of reading the menu (which only took 1 minute to peruse because total number of choices are limited), our server appeared, and it was the same gal that seated us. Looks like the waitresses take turns at seating patrons as they come in, and then that's who you get as your server. We shrugged it off as being maybe a small town custom, we were not ready to get up and leave ... yet. She took our drink order and disappeared. About 10 more minutes later she returned with our drinks and took our order. We've been there almost 1/2 and hour now and only just getting our drinks. Nice. Should have bailed right then, but kept thinking that this is supposed to be the best place in Evanston.
Our orders came up fast, before we could finis our salads, and were delivered straight to our table. Had to wolf down the rest of the salad so the entree didn't get cold. It's kinda ironic that they make you wait so long to be seated and order, they then try to rush you out of there. It's not like we were stashed in a corner where they couldn't see that we weren't finished with our salads either. No excuse for that. While we were there we also witnessed two other groups arrive at the door only to have to wait about ten minutes to be seated. Unbelievable. Perhaps the rule there is if you're willing to wait that long to get in, you'll put up with the rest of the poor service.
It wasn't until we got our steaks that we really wanted to leave. Both the ribeye and sirloin were tough like boot leather and clearly fried, not grilled. The taste of my ribeye was one notch below truck-stop average, and I got a real jaw workout trying to finish it. Pretty close to one of the worst I've ever had. But I never had to pay $23 for the all bad ones I've had in the past - they were all priced accordingly. We could see it would be a lost cause to complain about quality as our waitress came across as only being there for a paycheck. I got the impression from all of the staff that they think they should be paid for showing up at work - not for actually doing anything.
But the real insult came when I received the check, this joint charges $3.50 for a soft drink, and then a $1.50 per refill. That's $5.00 for a nickle's worth of pop! What an outrage! On top of having to wait to be seated, wait to get a waitress, endure drunks talking and laughing loudly, boot leather steaks, they then ding you for your drinks. That's a total joke, and the joke was on us. I feel bad for the folks of Evanston if this is the best place in town. I do know this, I won't be going back. Next time in Evanston I'm going to try the restaurant at the Best Western. It looked halfway decent when we stayed there that night. Wished we had gone there instead.

• Visited August 2013
7 Thank Boykid
Jackson, Wyoming
“NOTHING SPECIAL BUT SHOULD BE 3.5”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This is the girst time I have eaten here since the name/restaurant change. The inside looks exactly the same and this is not really a compliment. Small changes in the menu, still lots of Italian. Last restaurant was Italian. One improvement is service and the wine list is better but that is not saying much. I had the chicken cordon bleu. The helping was huge but not a lot of cheese or ham flavor, fries were limp. Salad was okay/average. Wife had the the salmon which was fine, she ordered the mashed and they came with brown gravy which was strange. The service was very good. Bread was cold, some kind of loaf and had no flavor. Prices are okay but they have to be with Bon Rico in town. Would have eaten at Bon Rico, which is very very good, but was not that hungry and hate to waste that wonderful steak. There is nothing bad, wish interior was changed,

• Visited August 2013