“Good food, a little over priced though”
Review of Legal Tender

Legal Tender
Ranked #9 of 48 Restaurants in Evanston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 July 2014

They had a nice soup and salad bar. Portions are generous. I didnt have the steaks, but they looked good.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Pulled into Evanston hungry at 8pm. Checked Trip Advisor and Bon Rico as they were #1. Guy who answer frankly rude. We are closed already (ok) but "You need reservations" Really? Monday night in Evanston WY. Only good thing was he sent me to Legal Tender. Simple green salad, fresh tasty and cold. Then a perfect Ribeye (med rare) with broccoli and a cold one. Sat at the bar, Dani was friendly and attentive. I'll be back next time in town.

1  Thank JamerB007
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Upon check in at approximately 850 pm, we inquired about the resturant hours and were told they close at 9. These wonderful people seated us and served us with a smile. The filet mignon was to die for. I would recommend these guys to any weary traveler! A+ service!!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The food was good not great, the restaurant looks outdated like something from the 80's and price was a bit on the high side.

1  Thank Subhash P
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Mixed experience. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his pastrami sandwich. The meat was lean and tasty, and he found the horseradish quite delicious, unlike a previous review. The fries were below average. The salad bar was disappointing. The (head leaf) lettuce had very few vegetable choices to add – carrots, cucumbers, radishes, & tomatoes only (but did offer cheese, beans, & goldfish.) There was a chocolate pudding on the salad bar for dessert which was absolutely disgusting. I ordered BBQ chicken and what I got was a wing-leg-thigh combo. So there was very little chicken in there and I had to work at it like crazy to even get a bite. I mistakenly was expecting a chicken breast. It came with “garlic bread” which was Texas Toast (toasted on one side only) with no garlic at all. The baked beans and cole slaw were adequate but nothing special. So there are good items on their menu and bad. Let the buyer beware!