“Everything I Expected”

Holiday Inn Express Evanston
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Evanston
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

The staff was polite and informative, made good recommendations for dinner. The room was clean, nice, with a microwave and small fridge. The continental breakfast was yummy and had good variety. Conveniently located just off I-80.

• Stayed: July 2014
GMEVWHY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evanston, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for taking the opportunity to let us know that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff are always pleased to hear that we succeeded in provided a clean, comfortable room. We are pleased to provide refridgerators and microwaves in every room.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I only say mediocre because of the hotel staff. The curb appeal of the hotel is fabulous. The night auditor is a friendly person. Took a minute or two before she was at the desk to check us in. The morning... Now that's where mediocre comes in. Complimentary server and the front desk clerk are eating breakfast in the great room both glued to their cell phones. Okay well that's fine I didn't want to have a good morning from anyone. A smile or a nod. The worst part is there is a guest right next to my table looking for the desk clerk to check out. Hotel is beautiful. The morning staff needs more training on customer service and putting away their cell phones. For 8 hours they get paid to make us feel like guests. The experience for me was lost because of the complimentary server and the AM GSR.

Stayed: July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evanston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Reshma N Corey G,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding our hotel. I am glad that you liked our facility. However, it is truly regrettable that your overall experience was negatively affected by the level of service you have received. I have taken your comments into serious account. Rest assured that we will look further look into this as we would like to make sure that we provide our guests with the best hotel stay.

I hope that you give us another chance to host you again in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 June 2014

It was so clean, beds so comfy, staff so great. Pool and spa area were really clean. Suggestions for dinner were perfect. Everything was so upgraded, it seemed like a four star hotel instead of a three star.

Room Tip: I was so impressed I took a business card to write a review. Took me awhile to do it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. We hope to have the opportunity to provide the same excellent service in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before and enjoyed myself. I can honestly say that I will never stay at this hotel again. I had the misfortune to be there when the General Manager, Stacey, was reprimanding an employee in front of others. As a guest on vacation, the last thing that I want to see is a staff member being yelled at in public. If this is the way she treats her staff in front of guest I can only imaging how she treats them in private. I felt awful for the employee. I would have walked out if it were me. For me, this behavior is unacceptable and I will not patronize a company that treats its staff in that manner. It made my whole experience less then enjoyable and took away from anything good about the hotel. I still feel bad and it has been a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: Run if you see the General Manager.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Heather M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evanston, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Heather M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This hotel was a perfect stopover on the way to Jackson. The gentlemen who checked us in was extremely pleasant and very helpful as we asked for dinner suggestions and also his preferred route to Jackson. The bed was very comfortable. My only complaint is that the bottom sheet had little "nubbies" on it from the way it has been laundered, I assume. I have found this typical in other Holiday Inns and hate that the bottom sheet doesn't have the silky feel that the top sheets do. That being said, I still had a great night's sleep and found this stay very nice.

Room Tip: Our room was right next to the highway but we were on the third floor. We didn't hear a thing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GMEVWHY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Evanston, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your recent stay with us. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and had a good night's sleep. We appreciate your observation regarding the bottom sheet. We are reviewing the condition of the sheets in our linen inventory and replacing those that are not up to our standards. We promise to be more attentive to in the future. It is good to know that your room was nice and quiet, even though it faced Interstate 80.. Travelers often wonder if they will be bothered by the traffic, We look forward to providing a "Great place to stay" for you and other travelers in the future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Staff put the customer first and listens mores than talks. I have stayed at this hotel twice, 6 weeks last fall and 3 weeks now. I changed hotels because fast internet is required for my business. The Staff remember guest that have stayed more than once and welcome you back, they make being way from home a bit easier.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with future travelers. It is nice to hear that we have provided great service, and that you choose to stay with us again. It is wonderful to know that we have such loyal guests. We do believe that our guests are the number one priority at our hotel. We feel fortunate to be your "home away from home."

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Walked into a beautiful lobby and was greeted by very friendly staff. The rooms were clean and the pool/hot tub area was nice. We had stayed at the Super 8 in Evanston the night before and had to leave because it was so disgusting. The cost of the room was a bit more but was well worth the money. Whatever else you do on your trip, stay here instead of the horrid Super 8!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Vikings0

Thank you for your kind remarks. Our staff puts a great focus on the maintenance and cleanliness of our hotel in every area, and makes every effort to provide great customer service as well. We appreciate our guests and understand you have provided us with an opportunity to serve you when you choose to patronize our hotel. It please us to know that you felt it was money well spent. We look forward to serving you on future trips.