“Pretty much below average”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Evansville

Super 8 Evansville
Super 8 Evansville
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Evansville
Coalgate, Oklahoma
“Pretty much below average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I really felt ripped off. The charge for 1 person was $103.00. Had I not been pulling a 30 ft. horse trailer, I would have tried to find something better, at least worth the money. The ONLY upside to this motel is they had a large truck lot in back. Unfortunately, the entire driveway as well as the lot is in dire need of repair, with big potholes not only on the truck lot but in their paved driveway!
For that kind of money I would have at least liked to have some complimentary shampoo but there was none. The television was a remnant of the 80's I believe, and barely worked on some of the channels with very poor picture quality overall. I did not have any noisy neighbors or problems of that sort. No fridge, no perks. The room was clean enough. Terrible pillows. All in all I would not recommend this motel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank in2macaws

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Afton, Wyoming
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I booked my this room for my family for state tournament. I received a call stating that it was the scariest hotel they had ever stayed in. Thin walls, heard a party most of the night, hair was all over the sheets, almost like it hadn't been cleaned at all. Breakfast was a joke. I went off this hotel because of limitations to other hotels, however read a lot of good reviews too. I don't know who filled these out but this hotel needs a serious facelift for safety and sanitary reasons. We will NEVER stay at a Shilo Inn again as we see what's important to this company. I wouldn't pay 45 dollars a night for this place. Find someplace else is my recommendation.

Room Tip: Rooms at other hotels are better and safer. SCARY
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank emosi

Travellers are raving about these Evansville hotels

Hither and Yon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I've stayed at other Shilo Inns, so I was expecting basic rooms, basic breakfast, and a pool for my kids to play in. Unfortunately, when we checked in the night clerk informed us that the pool was being repaired and all of the other amenities (hot tub, sauna, and steam room) were out-of-commission as well. It was late, and we'd already paid for the room online, so we had no other choice but to stay.

I spoke with Sylvia the next morning and explained that the fact that they advertise online that they have these facilities and then don't make them available to their clients is in very poor taste. I explained that the ONLY reason we'd reserved a room with Shilo Inn was for my children to use the pool, and it was beyond disappointing that the hotel pulled a "bait and switch" by not being truthful in their advertisement. She agreed, apologized, and offered to discount our stay. A moment later, after looking into her computer, she retracted her offer saying that since I had booked online, she couldn't refund any of the money we'd paid. Really?! Because we chose to book online and pay online in advance, we were simply out of luck? She agreed we did deserve a discount, but she said she was unable to issue one. In retrospect, I should have asked to speak to a manager, but by that point I was eager to put it behind me...

Sylvia assured me that she'd contact Shilo Inn's corporate office to see if they would remove the facilities from the online amenities list for the duration of the pool repair. It remains to be seen if she'll do this or if corporate will follow through... Hopefully other families won't be as disappointed as we were.

Instead of swimming, we watched the trains out the room window of 212. We watched a show on the old TV, and we went and got ice just to get the kids out of the room. On the trip, we noticed that there are only handrails on one side of the stairs, making it rather unsafe to meet anyone going the opposite direction. (Well, at least for this mother with two small children). The lights on the second floor were also quite dim and strangely placed on the walls--not sconces, but round ceiling fixtures that are affixed to the walls. They cast such a low light that it's impossible to see the room numbers beside the door until you're directly in front of them. While the rooms were clean, the stairwells were in need of a deep-cleaning, as was the side entryway.

Breakfast the next morning was basic: juice, coffee, individual milk cartons, pre-packaged pastries and muffins, yogurt, apples and bananas, cold hard-boiled eggs, pre-packaged cereal, and bagels. I got up to the room with my bagel before I realized it wasn't sliced, so I returned to cut it and grab another banana for the kids. The morning clerk informed me that they didn't have a bagel cutter or even a kitchen knife and cutting board, so I ended up sawing through it with a flimsy, plastic knife. To top it off, the bananas were all gone, and the desk clerk said they didn't have any back stock. (OK, I know this isn't the end of the world or the fault of Shilo Inn, but it just added fuel to the fire of my discontent...).

This is the second Shilo Inn we stayed at. And it just might be the last...

Room Tip: Room 212 looks over the parking lot, toward the railroad tracks. Watching the trains is great enter...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank RoadTrippin406
Prescott, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

The brochure says "Affordable Excellence". Affordable, yes. Excellence, not so much. Property is older with really dingy carpeting and paint schemes in the hallway. It even has metal keys for room entry. Lots of rooms but the "continental breakfast" area only has four tables in the lobby. As with every place I have stayed in Wyoming, there is no protein for breakfast and this place had run out of bagels so choice was very limited. But, there was a toaster and cream cheese in the cooler so one can be optimistic. The room was very small with an ancient box TV. When I first entered my room there was a strange odor that took me a moment to identify - curry. What is with that?

There is a mexican food restaurant attached to the place that has courteous staff and a very generic menu. Mexican food is all the same, it is just arranged differently.

The establishment does offer a veterans discount that is equal to AAA and that is a plus. Generally, the place is good for a solo guy that does not expect amenities. "Affordable" is the best attribute for this place. Great place for those on a budget that need decent place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Stormrider45
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evansville
MainStay Suites
Holiday Inn Express Casper I-25
Candlewood Suites Casper
Candlewood Suites Casper
#13 of 21 in Casper

Been to Super 8 Evansville? Share your experiences!