“Mistake by me didn't ruin stay”

Budget Inn Express of Gillette
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I made the mistake of booking the wrong day on my reservation. The nice lady at the counter was able to get it switched over and all was well. The hotel itself is in decent shape, the parking is good for truckers since we have a truck lot. The amenities are in good working order. The only detraction was the cover of the exhaust vent in the bathroom keeps sagging.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor and found it nice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Benjamin B
Ryan S, Manager at Budget Inn Express of Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2015

Thank you for your review. It is nice to hear positive comments from our guests. Ryan Sanders, General Manager

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a double bed room. Was crowded for 3 people. Could really use a deep cleaning with some overdue upgrades. The windows need screens and locks. The toilet leaked. Stains on the walls. One of the smallest bathrooms I have been in. But the clerk was very kind.

Stayed: June 2014
Tracy-T-GM, General Manager at Budget Inn Express of Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2015

We apologize for the inconvenience of having a queen room for 3 people. We have 2 double beds for more than 2 people. We just finished renovations. We would love to have you come back and try us if you come back through Gillette!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Booked through Expedia ... cost was about 1/2 of other motels ($70); room was a musty daylight lower level.

Breakfast consisted of bananas, apples, a few cold cereal choices, and donuts /bagels. Room had coffee maker, hair dryer, microwave and refridge which I enjoy. We didn't have time to swim or spa so I can't comment there.

Seemingly more and more as I book through the 3rd parties however, we are put in a room that is somewhat sub-par even to rest of the motel. As it turned out, lower level WAS a good though since the walls (ceiling) were thin, I'd have hated to have my gkids disturbing other guests had we been housed on an upper level. So, would I have paid double for the 'next-door' motel .. no, usually a room is a room, is a room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The staff at Budget Inn Express are all professional and friendly. Ryan Sanders the General Manager knows how to run a motel. This is by far the best experience I have ever had at a motel.
If you are staying in the Gillette Wyoming Area I highly recommend staying at Budget Inn Express. The motel has an indoor pool that is top notch, my girls love swimming in it and a hot tub that one can sit in and relax at the end of a busy day. I love the pool room with the dark wood walls it makes me feel like I am in a cabin in the mountains. My husband works in the oil field overnight and needs to sleep during the day so they had the room cleaned and beds made first thing in the morning so he could sleep when we got back from breakfast since he didn't get back in to town in time to eat the continental breakfast that is provided. I enjoy the fresh fruit offered for breakfast and my girls enjoy the rest of the offerings at breakfast. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean.The management and staff at the Budget Inn Express know how to make travelers feel welcome. THANK YOU!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ANITA C
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We recently stayed here and were surprised to get a room for so cheap. We stayed two separate nights. The first room I would say was very clean, the second room was fairly clean. The property is older, but everything worked properly. Rooms included a microwave and refrigerator as well. I found it to be quiet both nights. Staff was friendly. Breakfast starts pretty early which is nice. The rooms have older air conditioner/heater units and it was hard to find a setting that was comfortable (it was either too hot or too cold). Beds and pillows were comfortable. Sheets seemed clean, although a stain on one of the comforters left me feeling a little uneasy. Overall, I'd stay here again. Both nights we stayed were just quick stops to sleep for the night and it worked for that purpose.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I travel this way every May and usually stay next door but this place advertised there price and it included breakfast. We thought we would give it a try. We have been asking to look at the rooms and he gave us the key to check one out. The motel is adequate for staying one night when you are traveling. The breakfast was good and the service was also. We ate at the restaurant across the street with recomendaion of the check in person it was a best western steak house it was very good.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bjw9
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed on the main floor. Room was very cold and heater worked but was very hot. No happy medium. Not much sound proofing and was awaken by a dog in the hallway barking at about 2:00 A.M. Breakfast was ok consisting of toast and cereal. Front desk people were very nice and accommodating. Rooms are dated and in need of updating badly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple