“Still here...& glad to be!”

Candlewood Suites Gillette
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I am still currently a long term guest @ the candlewood-gillette & have been since dec of 2012.i am enjoying my stay so far,I adore the front desk staff,esp.April,& I enjoy my housekeeper Jo,who not only does a good job taking care of my room,but also visits w/ me like a friend when she cleans my room each week.i just also wanted to comment that I have noticed Fernando is no longer a staff member & that makes me sad! He was so professional,friendly,efficient ,& even knew me & addressed me by first name, which impressed me.i was sad to notice him not here anymore,he was a wonderful addition to your team.thank you all for all your continued hospitality,& I will continue the support on review upon checkout time. Thanks again!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank PermaVacationer78
Hope H, Manager at Candlewood Suites Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to mention each team member who has obviously made you feel at home and your stay more comfortable. As an extended stay property, our team grows close to our guests which in turn makes you all a part of our family. We appreciate you staying with us!

Reviewed 16 February 2013

Nice and comfortable. Excellent customer service. Clean, quiet, stay here when I am in Gillette. Only draw back no breakfast. Snowed in and they hooked me up for another night without a problem. Not all rooms have extra seating just desk chairs. Good work area's and the internet works good.

Room Tip: King singles don't all come with a comfy chair or place to sit other then the desk chair. If yo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ManyRoadsTraveled
Hope H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! We love hearing feedback from our guests and especially when it compliments our efforts! Your experience proves that our team deeply cares about each and every guest, the hotel and truly enjoys working at the Candlewood Suites. We thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Reviewed 16 January 2013

Clean, reasonable price, lots of outlets are all good. Placard on bed says we supply foam pillows. Staff is helpful but untrained on what is a foam pillow. Placard says Priority Club members get free newspapers. I am a member and there is no newspaper. There is also no one to ask because the limited serve concept does not staff the front desk before 7am. Add breakfast/coffee into your cost because Candlewood has none.

I understand limited service, but do not put signs up if you cannot deliver on your promise. Even though it is very quiet and away from roads, there are other choices in Gillette for the same money.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank KevinBuildsWireless
Hope H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites Gillette for your stay while in our beautiful town. As Quality Excellence Award winning hotel, we pride ourselves on giving 100% to our guests and taking care of their needs and wants in a timely manner. That being said, I would sincerely like to apologize for the lack of information and communication you received during your experience here. What we failed to inform you was that even though the main office window is closed during night time hours, we have someone on staff available to you 24 hours a day. We also should have explained to you that your paper was located in the Candlewood Cupboard along with breakfast, snack and other food items as well as 24 hour complementary coffee. I can assure you our staff undergoes constant training and we will make sure these issues do not arise again. We thank you for being a loyal member of our Priority Club Rewards Program and hope to see you again at our "Home away from Home".

Reviewed 18 December 2012

This is a great place to stay - for one night or long term. There are many amenities - patio with gas grills and tables and chairs, free laundry, and a well-equipped fitness room. Rooms are spacious with recliners and kitchenettes. Manager's special (read: free) dinner one night a week. But the best part of my whole experience at Candlewood Suites is the staff - from the General Manager to the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff. Each of the staff members makes it their individual and personal mission to make your stay the best it could possibly be. Rooms are very reasonably priced - great value all around!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank FlyingJoeV
Hope H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

It's obvious you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed having you! At the Candlewood Suites we get close with our guests, both short and long term. We strive to make our long term guest feel "cozy" and appreciated with all the extra's we offer. Thank you for making Candlewood Suites your home away from home!

Reviewed 13 December 2012

This is a Great Hotel. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The Rooms are very clean and always have you need.The Manger is very personable and chips in to do what ever it takes to make your stay enjoyable.I will stay there again if I am within 100 miles of there.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jimmy L

Thank you very much for your kind words! As always it is a pleasure to hear from our guests. Here at the Candlewood we treat our guests like family in order to make them feel as comfortable as possible! Again, thank you for choosing us during your stay and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 20 August 2012

This was a fantastic stop. I was traveling with my wife and son from South Dakota to Montana, and Gillette was the obvious place to stop for the night. Our stay at the Candlewood Suites was far from what I expected. The suites are spacious, well-appointed and comfortable, but it was the staff that made the difference. April was a marvelous and professional hostess, and went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed. We made use of the (free) exercise room and (free)laundry. Candlewood doesn't serve breakfast, but since our suite had a full kitchen we managed. This is my third stay in a Candlewood brand, and I'm a believer!

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad room. We stayed on the top (3rd) floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Hope H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Thank you so very much for choosing the Candlewood Suites - Gillette for you accomodations during your travels. Your kind words are much appreciated and shared with our entire team. Here at the Candlewood we pride ourselves on a clean, friendly environment and challenge our employees to deliver the kind of customer service they would like to recieve. We prefer to stand out rather than blend in and in order to accomplish that it's important to make sure our guests feel safe while enjoying the same comforts as home. Once again thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites, where making friends one guest at a time is a top priority.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

This is a great hotel. Staff is friendly, even when I had to deliver bad news that someone had puked in the elevator. Free laundry and close to dining and shopping. On a side note: don't come to Gillette thinking there is a plethora of things to do here. There is nothing to do here. Even the locals had a hard time recommending anything. Some towns are just like that.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Hope H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell the world how great your time here at the Candlewood Suites Gillette, WY was. I can’t wait to share this review with our entire team. I hope that the next time you are in Gillette you will once again make us your home away from home. Thank you once again for the fantastic comments.
Best Regards