“Guest”

Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Gillette, Wyoming
“Guest”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel is one of the best that I have stayed in. The general Manager Hope, front desk staff Laura, AJ, April, Jennifer, and Suzie are amazing they are always there to help and the friendly smile is most welcoming. The head housekeeper Amy is great if you need anything all you have to do is ask and it is there waiting for you. If ever back in Gillette this is where I will be staying and I highly recommend this hotel to everyone. The rooms are great and it beats having to eat out all the time, they even have grills for the guest to enjoy after a long day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hope H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Gillette, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
The entire Team here at Candlewood Suites in Gillette is very humbled and proud to hear your amazing comments about us. We are also very happy to know that we exceeded your expectations while you were here with us. It is our goal to create outstanding experiences for all of our guests. Thank you so much for staying with us during your time in Gillette. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My plan was to spend the week here on a project but we completed early. You are informed that due to your length of stay house keeping will not be cleaning your room on a daily basis... that is ok. They are very nice on the front desk and try very hard to keep the lobby clean. The reason I say that is this place has a lot of field hands from Oil/Gas companies that stay here and it isnt the cleanest industry. The room was layed out like most extended stay places... I like it because of the full sized fridge and stove. I dont feel like I have to go out and eat every night. I actually ordered a large pizza my first night and the leftovers were my dinner the next night. Bed was comfortable and the bathroom only had a shower which I liked. The rates are real good for Gillette and it is located in the center of everything. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Heater can be kind of loud so check it out when you check in... in case you need to move rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank HungryTraveler13
Hope H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Gillette, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you so much for your great review. We are very pleased that you were able to make yourself at home during your stay with us and that your experience was enjoyable. We hope to see you again soon and thank you again for giving us awesome feedback.
Weatherford, Texas
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My wife and I were guests for a little over a week. Room 200. Very well maintained by the staff and JoJo. Theres a lot of dirty handed, muddy booted worker man's staying in this hotel, but you'd hardly notice it other than the service trucks in the parking lot. I thought the room was well appointed, laid out and didn't mind that housekeeping only came once a week.

There are smoking rooms on the 3rd floor and the smell permeates the connecting hallway/stairwell. The outdoor smoking container is right next to the exit door so each time you enter/leave the hotel…WHAM…cigarettes! Who ever was staying above me in Room 300 came in almost each night around 2:30AM and stumbled around like they were drunk and blind. Clatter, bam, boom.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank HDFLHPI
Thank you for taking the time to tell us and the world about your experience here at Candlewood Suites Gillette Wyoming. We very much value feedback and treat it as a learning experience to grow and continue to give all of our guests outstanding experiences. I apologize for the problems that you did experience while here. To prevent situations like this in the future our team is now doing more security walks and checking on things more often. Thanks once again for your feedback and we look forward to assisting you with any lodging needs that you may have in the future.
Andover, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Excellent location in city. Nice suites roomy and accommodating for a shorter stay. Nearby restaurants and bars. A bit rustic but nice! Wkout rm is nice- now hunting public land? Very scarce locations- a lot were land locked

• Stayed October 2013
Hope H, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Gillette, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
As a fellow hunter I want to thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites on your trip here and am very glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I also understand the public hunting situation and am sorry you didn't have better luck! With all the recent industry developments the wildlife has gotten quite scarce. Next year we will take an extra step for our hunting guests and provide you with some extra help, local hunting areas and contact information for land owners who allow hunting. We hope to see you again next fall!
Butte, Montana, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I recently stayed here with my husband and one of my dogs. We were welcomed in a friendly manner and treated like family. They even made sure my dog was welcomed with treats. The rooms were amazing and a joy to stay in. They were helpful when i asked for directions or attractions that would be nice to see. If I am ever in the area i will be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Teelajustine
Hope H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Gillette, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thanks for your kind words. Here at the Candlewood we are your "Home away from home" and I am super happy we made your stay great!
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Candlewood for 7 1/2 months as my own residence while my husband was on a job in town.i became on a first name basis w/ most of the staff & felt incredibly safe & @ home there. The room was incredibly clean &,w/ the exception of 2 separate occasions where the guests above me were incredibly loud for about a 3 week period each,my stay there was comfortable & I slept very well there.i used the workout room & it was great,small but was perfect for what I needed. I had an issue w/ one of the housekeepers who had a less than stellar personality & was not professional or friendly but rather snide & rude,but once I requested to have Jo as my housekeeper on a regular basis,that was a problem no more! My husband & I adored Jo (aka JoJo)& after years of lots of travel,definitely consider her the best housekeeper we have had ever.shes incredibly friendly,does an awesome job,& was wonderful to us & our pets.we consider her a dear friend now.April @ the front desk is a rock star.She should be running her own hotel,she's always on top of things,always knows what's going on,she's management material. Hope the GM was very accommodating & very sweet.she was perfect in customer service skills & incredibly helpful w/ anything we needed. Jennifer @ the front desk was also a sweetheart.very kind. I highly recommend this hotel & would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed December 2012
Wow! We love all the warm fuzzies in your review! It's always nice to hear such kind words and high praise about our team members, as well as knowing we corrected any issues you may have had. Thank you so much for choosing the Candlewood Suites and if you ever return to Gillette, you always have a "home" with us.
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Hotel staff is very friendly! They are really accommodating with your pets. Nice, clean rooms. You can check out movies at the front desk, and during storms they had yummy cookies at the front desk! Loved my stay here!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your kind words! I have to admit, we love our guests pets as much as we love our guests! We also try to make your stay away from home as comfortable as possible and thought the cookies would help with that experience (plus we just love cookies!) If you're ever back in Gillette please stay with us again!